More bad news Republicans, U.S. manufacturing expands at fastest pace in 10 months

Again, I am shocked. First gas coming down, now manufacturing up. And it is - somewhat conveniently - the run up to an election. Careful, lefties, you don't want to run out of good news before November.

Gee, let's do the math on Barry's job's, Chris. I believe one has to add in the neighborhood of 250,000 jobs each month in order to match the growth of the population? So if you multiply that number times the months that Obama has been in office then you come up with a figure of around ten million jobs to keep pace. So if we subtract 4.1 million from 10 million we get a pretty good idea why our unemployment rate went up under Barry and hasn't really come down yet. Aren't statistics fun!!!

the irony of the numbers Chris touted?
The numbers jumped as soon as Obama won the nomination and started telling everyone we were headed toward the worst economy since the great depression.

Any business person knows that "fear of the near future" has the greatest negative affect on business descision making.

Business owners forecast their spending budget for the following year during late second quarter, early 3rd quarter of the existing year.....exactly when Obama told us all that the sky was falling....

That was the first sign in my eyes that he was not a leader.

A leader does not say the sky is falling.

A leader says..."we will weather this and we need to plan optimistically".

When did Obama say the sky was falling? I'm not being antagonistic. I really don't know what you're referring to and I'm curious.

We were at the brink according to obama. Hell I think we ran over the edge just have not hit bottom yet.

This is what you got to do to beat the Republicans. Control the message. Nice thread. Otherwise we gotta talk about where Obama was born, Solyndra, Rev. Wright or if it is appropriate to talk about killing Bin Ladin. Trying to take away a major accomplishment. Belittle it.

Lets not forget that Jimmy Carter tried to save the hostages in Iran and it failed. And the GOP used it against him to win. So fuck off righties.

They really are pathetic.

They don't realize that money spent on education, health care, technology, and infrastructure is what drives an economy.

Not tax cuts for the rich.

Spin? Of course! It's not right but every politician in each party does that. I have no doubt that the Obama administration spins almost everything that drips out into the news.

But as for outright lying about labor statistics to help Obama get re-elected? That's a stretch. I'd also like to see what alternative data there is. How does someone KNOW it's a lie?

I wont use the word lie...and I didnt.
But as I said...are they misleading us ?
Sure.
How do I know?
Becuase numbers the administration have no control over speaks volumes.

Home prices
home foreclosures
numbers of Americans employed
numbners of businesses still in business
number of bankruptcy filings

I rewally dont care what the WH says...if Americans are hurting, the economy is not doing what it needs to do.

What good is a good economy if Americans are actually hurting more?

Sorry Jarhead, I was referring to the other poster who said the Labor Department lied.

I think the Obama administration is cherry picking economic data, touting those that support him and ignoring those that don't. You're right that home prices/foreclosures are really important and need to be discussed more, nevermind something actually done about it.

However, other economic data does not mean employment statistics are false. I have a job and an underwater home, so I actually fit both data sets.

Are you aware that whereas the WH claims 100's of thosuands of jobs created....the actual number of employed americans is down?

How can this happen?

Very simple...

Company A and Company B both make widgets.
During the first year of the recession they both laid off 25%...and survived
During the second year, they both stil struggled, but survivied.
By the third year, company A could hold onj no longer and shut down...company B had soime capital to fall back on...and it hung on.

Company A liad off all 100 emploiyees when it closed its doors.
Company B...now without the competition of company A, is able to increase prodcution by 30%...so it hires 30 people to make up for it.

So a loss of 100 employees when A went under resulted in a hiring of 30 employees to make up for the loss of competition.

What is reported?

30 jobs created.

What is the reality?

Net 70 jobs lost.

See how spin works? Has just about everyone fooled...execpt for us business planners.

God this is fun.

Righties trying to spin good news into bad while the rest of us are making a ton of money.

Republicans are fucking whiners. Its always someone else's fault. Blame the government because they are failing at business. The tax system is what it is. If you can't make it, maybe you aren't that good?

Republicans always blaming other people. Its the illegals or poor people's fault or Welfare moms or Unions. Or its Obama's fault or Pelosi's fault. Its never their own fault? So they take ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES??? What ever happened to who's responsible for you? Remember GOPers were asking that question? I ask them back.

If middle class republicans are unhappy, blame themselves. Rich republicans are doing great.

This is what you got to do to beat the Republicans. Control the message. Nice thread. Otherwise we gotta talk about where Obama was born, Solyndra, Rev. Wright or if it is appropriate to talk about killing Bin Ladin. Trying to take away a major accomplishment. Belittle it.

Lets not forget that Jimmy Carter tried to save the hostages in Iran and it failed. And the GOP used it against him to win. So fuck off righties.

They don't realize that money spent on education, health care, technology, and infrastructure is what drives an economy.

So you are saying the only solution is government.

I am not surpirsed to hear that coming from you.

God this is fun.

Righties trying to spin good news into bad while the rest of us are making a ton of money.

Republicans are fucking whiners. Its always someone else's fault. Blame the government because they are failing at business. The tax system is what it is. If you can't make it, maybe you aren't that good?

Republicans always blaming other people. Its the illegals or poor people's fault or Welfare moms or Unions. Or its Obama's fault or Pelosi's fault. Its never their own fault? So they take ZERO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES??? What ever happened to who's responsible for you? Remember GOPers were asking that question? I ask them back.

If middle class republicans are unhappy, blame themselves. Rich republicans are doing great.

why debate and discuss?

So much more fun calling the opposition names.

Time to put you on ignore.

Sorry.

Great point, democrats are all about the issues.

Mitt's elevator, his wife's work experience, Mitt's dog carrier, I mean who can think of things more important to the average middle income american?

Kudos on taking the high road :clap:

Last edited:
LOL Christina, it grew fastest in 10 months after decreasing for the last three years. Where is the biggest increases in manufacturing: Texas, Ohio (hardly Blue) and IN! Wonder where we would be without these states?

Neg

The net total of jobs is -1.64 million. So, the op's assertion is incorrect. So we're supposed to party it up when O is meeting recessionary benchmarks? Now, that's funny.

Last edited:

And they don't get it that if all the money is going to the top 1%, the masses don't have enough money to actually have a good economy. They won't address the growing gap between the rich and poor. I smell a comeback for Unions! Corporations have crushed unions down from 35% of our workforce to about 12% now. And in the time they killed unions, our wages haven't gone up. No coincidence. Free trade produces a small rich class, small merchantile class and a huge working poor class called the rabble.

Oh yea, I just remembered the South Park I saw last night. We need Republicans Chris. We need them or else we'd be taken over by Russia or China by now, or Hilter would have won. But we need righties so the world thinks we are tough. But they need us too. Because us lefties show the rest of the world that its not the whole country that sucks, just the government. So we make the USA seem like a good place at the same time the righties are war mongering and invading countries.

P.S. And it made me think. The Southpark episode was about pro war protesters vs. Piece Demonstrators. Made me wonder, what ever happened to those pro war righties? Where are those toughguys? Obama helps Syria out and these tough guys blew a gasket. Remember? Proves the GOP will play politics with anything, even our soldiers lives.

And they don't get it that if all the money is going to the top 1%, the masses don't have enough money to actually have a good economy. They won't address the growing gap between the rich and poor. I smell a comeback for Unions! Corporations have crushed unions down from 35% of our workforce to about 12% now. And in the time they killed unions, our wages haven't gone up. No coincidence. Free trade produces a small rich class, small merchantile class and a huge working poor class called the rabble.

Oh yea, I just remembered the South Park I saw last night. We need Republicans Chris. We need them or else we'd be taken over by Russia or China by now, or Hilter would have won. But we need righties so the world thinks we are tough. But they need us too. Because us lefties show the rest of the world that its not the whole country that sucks, just the government. So we make the USA seem like a good place at the same time the righties are war mongering and invading countries.

P.S. And it made me think. The Southpark episode was about pro war protesters vs. Piece Demonstrators. Made me wonder, what ever happened to those pro war righties? Where are those toughguys? Obama helps Syria out and these tough guys blew a gasket. Remember? Proves the GOP will play politics with anything, even our soldiers lives.

And they don't get it that if all the money is going to the top 1%, the masses don't have enough money to actually have a good economy.

It's you that does not get it. What exactly do you think the 1% does with it's money? You you honestly think they are taking the money and putting it under their mattress?

It's a sure bet that as stupid as liberals are when it comes to money and the economy the 1% are dreaming up ways they can make more money, and they can't do that hiding and keeping their money hidden.

Another success for Obama.

And if it had gone the other way, you'd be saying he had nothgin to do with it... he doesn't control it... blah, blah blah.... putz.

I won't blame Obama for the slowly recovering economy. But if things were falling apart and he didn't have a handle on it, that would be different.

Remember you guys said the economy was strong when we were losing 700,000 jobs a month, and now you say the economy is bad when we are adding 300,000 jobs. So who cares what you say? You are liars. :eusa_liar:

Prediction. Your party is going to switch their argument before November from the economy is bad and its Obama's fault to The Economy is getting better and its because of Boehner, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell and the GOP Governors like Scott Walker and Christie. If it looks like Romney is going to lose, this tactic may save the GOP control of the House or may win them the Senate. Should they throw Romney under the bus? I would if I were Boehner.

Fact is, if it weren't for the GOP, we'd be adding 600,000 jobs a month to the payrolls. Obstructionists.

And they don't get it that if all the money is going to the top 1%, the masses don't have enough money to actually have a good economy.

It's you that does not get it. What exactly do you think the 1% does with it's money? You you honestly think they are taking the money and putting it under their mattress?

It's a sure bet that as stupid as liberals are when it comes to money and the economy the 1% are dreaming up ways they can make more money, and they can't do that hiding and keeping their money hidden.

Here. If you really want to understand why you are wrong, read this.

How Rich is Too Rich For Democracy?

If you don't read it then piss off.

The net total of jobs is -1.64 million. So, the op's assertion is incorrect. So we're supposed to party it up when O is meeting recessionary benchmarks? Now, that's funny.

10,000 Americans a day are retiring.

Next.

LOL Christina, it grew fastest in 10 months after decreasing for the last three years. Where is the biggest increases in manufacturing: Texas, Ohio (hardly Blue) and IN! Wonder where we would be without these states?

Neg

Of the top 20 states that receive more federal spending than they pay in taxes, 16 are red states.

The Red States are America's welfare queens.......especially Texas and Alaska.

Forum List

Back