More bad news for Republicans - Record car sales

We have just had the fastest drop in unemployment since 1984....from 10.2% to 8.1%. All this in spite of the fact that House Republicans have blocked infrastructure spending bills that would have helped. Why? Because Republicans are more concerned with winning the election than helping America.

Since 1961...

Republican job growth - 24 million jobs in 28 years.

Democrats - 42 million jobs in 24 years.

Housing starts up 29%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. housing industry -- crucial to any jobs recovery -- showed more signs of strength, according to two reports issued Wednesday. The Census Bureau said housing starts and permits rose substantially in August. Separately, sales of previously occupied homes climbed 7.8% from a year ago, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Builders started on new homes at an annual rate of 750,000, up 29.1% compared with a year earlier. They applied to build another 803,000 new homes on an annual basis, a 24.5% jump compared with August 2011.

Car sales up 13%

NEW YORK (CNMoney) -- U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

Home construction, sales showing some strength - Sep. 19, 2012

Best car sales since early '08 - Oct. 2, 2012

Seems to me if the American owned automakers are doing this poorly competing with the foreign boys how long will it be before they need another bailout?

U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

Best car sales since early '08 - Oct. 2, 2012
The economy is steadily ticking up, up and up and more and more Americans, every day realize this. Coupled with the fact that Americans have NOT forgotten who nor how we got to this mess, *cough* Bush *cough* Cheney *cough* Republican rule *cough*.

Meanwhile the Republicans are steadily proclaiming how DISMAL Obama has been the last 4 years and how bad the economy is, while many are simultaneously saying how THEIR OWN policies improved the status of their local economies.

I mean...these RWers are so mixed up and all over the place they can't tell Ess from Shinola.

And the public is SEEING it.

:lol:
lol

I.K.R

Its what I've been saying the whole time, people just need to open their eyes a bit more.

Just imagine the implication for the future of the GOP if they get a president in (Bush) who just fucks everything to shit and then a liberal Democrat comes in and fixes everything, saves the day so to speak.

And I say fixes everything with purpose. GOP'ers in congress have been blocking everything Obama proposes under the thought "DER, we gotta block Obama cuz HE BAD an' HE LAWS IS BAD TOO" but...the steady and near constant recovery kind of says otherwise, doesn't it? Leaves a person to wonder how long this recovery would have actually lasted with GOP'ers congressional cooperation (AKA, people actually doing what their paid to do).

We have just had the fastest drop in unemployment since 1984....from 10.2% to 8.1%. All this in spite of the fact that House Republicans have blocked infrastructure spending bills that would have helped. Why? Because Republicans are more concerned with winning the election than helping America.

You meant to say fastest drop in percent employed!

fredgraph.png

Over 4 years? That doesn't come anywhere near to being the fastest. It's the slowest.

Seems to me if the American owned automakers are doing this poorly competing with the foreign boys how long will it be before they need another bailout?

Chrysler up 12% from last year. Hmmm, didn't Romney oppose auto-industry bailouts?

GM up 1.5%, and be honest, they have a long road ahead of them. Not some bias here I'm just saying that no one is interested in buying so many of the big ass, gas-guzzling cars they once sold so well. They've got a lot of changing to do. FFS, we're talking about the company that once carried Hummer lol.
If someone thinks we should have let GM go are they saying we should let yet more industries completely go overseas (the majority don't come back once that happens).

Chrysler posts best September sales since 2007

Ford sold 400 cars LESS than it did Sept of last year. That doesn't exactly warrant bailout talk. Ford is also in the middle of retooling/redesigning many of their popular cars, which contributes the most to the 0.2% sales loss.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121002/RETAIL01/121009974/fords-flat-september-gets-a-lift-from-focus
400!!!! well, technically 406. :p

Last edited:

Chrysler up 12% from last year. Hmmm, didn't Romney oppose auto-industry bailouts?

GM up 1.5%, and be honest, they have a long road ahead of them. Not some bias here I'm just saying that no one is interested in buying so many of the big ass, gas-guzzling cars they once sold so well. They've got a lot of changing to do. FFS, we're talking about the company that once carried Hummer lol.
If someone thinks we should have let GM go are they saying we should let yet more industries completely go overseas (the majority don't come back once that happens).

Chrysler posts best September sales since 2007

Ford sold 400 cars LESS than it did Sept of last year. That doesn't exactly warrant bailout talk. Ford is also in the middle of retooling/redesigning many of their popular cars, which contributes the most to the 0.2% sales loss.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121002/RETAIL01/121009974/fords-flat-september-gets-a-lift-from-focus
400!!!! well, technically 406. :p

Chrysler is foreign owned.

American owned automakers are not competing with their counterparts. If this trend continues another bailout is certainly going to be requested. Problem is just like the last bailout it will be nothing more than a bandaid that masks the real problems. Unless and until those problems are addressed US automakers are doomed to last place or worse yet, bankruptcy

Just saying, Chrysler has many factories based in America, they received a bail out loan, and they're performing well. This begs the question that if Romney had his way and they didn't get a bailout, would they still be doing well?

So how will all this work when the cars Obama WANTS us to buy still don't sell that well?

Must have been a regional increase, because our numbers were down.

Forum List

Back