More bad news for Republicans...a housing recovery is underway

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The inventory shortage apparently is helping push up prices following the worst housing slump since the Great Depression, Yun said. The national median price for a home resale rose to $182,600 in May, according to NAR. That's 7.9 percent higher than the same month one year ago, and the highest since June 2010. The last time the American housing market posted three consecutive monthly price increases, year over year, was March to May of 2006.

A report Thursday by the the Federal Housing Finance Agency also showed that U.S. home prices rose 0.8 percent in April from March in a sign of property-market stabilization, agency analysts contend.

Nationally, total housing inventory at the end of May dropped 0.4 percent to 2.49 million existing homes available for sale, NAR reported. That represents a 6.6-month supply of available homes at the current sales pace. In April, there was a 6.5-month supply.

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time, when a 9.1-month supply existed. Compare that to the peak of the market in July 2007 when unsold inventory hit a record of 4.04 million homes.

Housing market recovery on track, despite bumps - Economy Watch

A housing recovery is underway ????

Really...???

Nice try at repeating the lie, but it isn't going to work asshole. We are aware of what you are doing this time

I have noticed the number of houses up for sale has been rising where I live. More signs cropping up everywhere. A HUGE shadow inventory. Many of these people are seriously underwater and tried to sell their houses before, then gave up. And none of them are negroes!

While the rate of sales may be climbing, it is nowhere near normal. But barring any other derivative bubble pops, we have most likely finally arrived at the bottom and it is all uphill and sunshine from here.

Cautious optimism.

OMG he's so awesome, you know economies also go up and down on their own. Funny thing is, Reagan, Clinton and Bush got out of recssions MUCH MUCH faster than Obumble.
But hey it was your affirmative action housing that started it, so YAY for liberal programs.

"Underway" ....a pathetic attempt to grasp victory from certain unhappiness.

Fact free post on your part.

7.9% increase in home prices in the last year.

20% reduction in inventory.

Supply of homes down to 6.6 months.

Building permits rising.

That's a housing recovery, my friend.

Last edited:
OMG he's so awesome, you know economies also go up and down on their own. Funny thing is, Reagan, Clinton and Bush got out of recssions MUCH MUCH faster than Obumble.
But hey it was your affirmative action housing that started it, so YAY for liberal programs.

Actually it was a derivative bubble that destroyed the economy.

6% of American homes being in foreclosure did not bring down the economy of Iceland.

Libtards have been telling us the housing recover is underway for years now.

Building permits rising.

I have noticed the number of houses up for sale has been rising where I live. More signs cropping up everywhere. A HUGE shadow inventory. Many of these people are seriously underwater and tried to sell their houses before, then gave up. And none of them are negroes!

While the rate of sales may be climbing, it is nowhere near normal. But barring any other derivative bubble pops, we have most likely finally arrived at the bottom and it is all uphill and sunshine from here.

Cautious optimism.

That doesn't necessarily translate into a positive thing.:badgrin:

Cautious optimism.

That doesn't necessarily translate into a positive thing.:badgrin:

It means people feel like the market is moving again, and are putting their houses back on the market. I have tracked the market very closely here for the last 8 years.

Operation Twist is an attempt to increase the velocity of money and is separate from the housing market. Although the housing market has often been what has led us out of recessions.

The Fed is just about out of bullets. We will be seeing QE3 early next year. But they have done about as much as they can do. The rest is up to Congress, but the a-holes in Congress feel it is more important to sabotage the other guys than to save the country.

"Underway" ....a pathetic attempt to grasp victory from certain unhappiness.

Building permits rising.

The source is another (ironic?) tax exempt left wing propaganda blog. No surprises here.

Forum List

Back