More bad intelligence

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by acludem, May 28, 2004.

1. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    It appears Ashcroft's source for his elevated terror threat statement is not all he claimed it to be - in fact the "credible source" is a liar:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5087301/

acludem

2. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well, all threats should be taken seriously. Should I be happy that we won't be attacked, or angry that such instigators could be taken seriously? Ah well, at the moment I am relieved, I will have plenty of time to be pissed.

3. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I agree that this could be somewhat problematic, kinda like the kid that cried wolf.

I have to admit I was confused when we were told of an attack "90%" complete in planning and the terror alert did not change. Seemed to have been a contradiction.

However, with all the high profile events coming around the corner, I cannot see making a bid deal of this. Rather safe than sorry. It would be nice however if they kinda got their shit together when making these announcements. I.E. threal level should match the announcement.

4. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I agree, all threats should be taken seriously, but you do have to consider the source of the threats. This group is obviously not credible.

acludem

5. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah, but at my school (especially after Columbine) if a kid says, "bitch Ima kill you!" as a joke to get attention, that kid get's suspended to expelled. I live right down the street from Columbine, and the impact of zero tolerance is felt here every day. This is truly an environment where no matter how crappy the source, if any info comes in on an upset student then the school administration goes crazy until they find and nuetralize him.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    See this is all because people were crying about why we didnt know 9/11 was coming. we get threats every single day. I for one would be content with the government handling these things behind closed doors and leaving us in the dark. But since you have a vocal minorirty out there that wants to know when an attack is coming, thats why we get alerts and updates.

This is to let us all know that we have gotten a serious threat and that they are acting upon the information. Had they said nothing and then we were attacked, people would be whining that they didnt do anything to stop it.

So their damned either way.

7. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Actually, all threats should not be taken seriously. So many are made against our gov't daily that it is impossible to follow up on each one, and so it is necessary to weed out the noncredible threats.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I agree. I personally would feel better if they just did the stuff and didnt worry about public sentiment. the government's #1 priority is to keep us safe. That is the only job government should have. National Defense.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    NBC "sources" and terrorism "experts" are to believed? Cmon ACLU----you only believe what appears to discredit the current administration.

10. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I have to agree. People say that they want to know about all these things, but I don't think they really do.