More bad intelligence

Does anyone realize BOTH opposing opinions (not about hippos, :D ) are correct?

The point is this:

1. ALL threats need to be taken seriously.
2. The nation gets more than we can handle every day.
3. Your Government cannot protect you. -It SHOULDN'T. That is not it's job to be able to do in all cases.
4. The Constitution needs to be obeyed and all citizens need unrestricted access to arms.

This in combination with Constitutional defenses by our government will keep us as safe as can be.

The money?

The whole 9/11 thing continues to be the number one way for politicians to take away your rights and make more money.

-Only because the Constitution is ignored.

is to bash the administration... My God you bush-haters are damn near as lunatic as the friggin terrrorists...

Originally posted by phadras
is to bash the administration... My God you bush-haters are damn near as lunatic as the friggin terrrorists...

Um, don't you mean the Bush-SUPPORTERS are lunatics?
Due to his mismanagement of events Americans are in even more danger than they were before. And they are even more hated around the world due to the same.
Meanwhile your civil liberties and basic human (and constitutional) rights are being eroded.

Try reading something from a source other than a Republicans arse.

Originally posted by insein
I agree. I personally would feel better if they just did the stuff and didnt worry about public sentiment. the government's #1 priority is to keep us safe. That is the only job government should have. National Defense.

If the only job of the government was defense, you probably wouldn't even be able to read this thread.

Originally posted by menewa
If the only job of the government was defense, you probably wouldn't even be able to read this thread.

Very true. There are many concerns from governments and organisations around the world that the Bush administration is sacrificing the freedom of the American people for an illusion of security.
Further terrorist attacks on US soil are inevitable.

Terrorists don't go away, no matter how long we fight, we'll never kill them all. The best thing that we can look for is what we had in clintons administration, few attacks, none the size of 9/11, and protection when we have credible sources and good information to work on because no matter how hard we try, they'll keep coming!

The best we can hope for is to drive them to softer targets than us. That we seem to be doing so far.

Originally posted by menewa

Because the federal government supposedly taught us to read? Ha! My mother taught me to read by the time I was 2. By kindergarten I was reading my parents to sleep.
Or do you mean because the gov't provided the Internet? Actually, there's a little truth to that: the Defense Dept. (ironically enough) invented the technology for two computers to talk to each other - and no, Al Gore wasn't involved at that stage.

Originally posted by The Worried One
Terrorists don't go away, no matter how long we fight, we'll never kill them all. The best thing that we can look for is what we had in clintons administration, few attacks, none the size of 9/11, and protection when we have credible sources and good information to work on because no matter how hard we try, they'll keep coming!

This is EXACTLY the kind of ignorant morons i fear in this country. That is also why Kerry must be defeated. This mindset will not just be in the ignorant masses. It will be at the Head of the country should Kerry become president.

Originally posted by insein
This is EXACTLY the kind of ignorant morons i fear in this country. That is also why Kerry must be defeated. This mindset will not just be in the ignorant masses. It will be at the Head of the country should Kerry become president.

Yeah, I read the post and almost cried it was such a sad portrayal of America today.

Bush was in office 9 months before 911. They have all said that 911 took years to plan.... so yeah..... let's go back to the days of Clinton. . . .

BULLSHIT!

the worry wart chimes in with these words of wisdom:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your head in the sand, maybe the jihadists won't get you! To want to go back to the Clinton way of doing things is truly a scary proposition. At least I know my Bush vote will cancel out your Kerry vote.....

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Because the federal government supposedly taught us to read? Ha! My mother taught me to read by the time I was 2. By kindergarten I was reading my parents to sleep.
Or do you mean because the gov't provided the Internet? Actually, there's a little truth to that: the Defense Dept. (ironically enough) invented the technology for two computers to talk to each other - and no, Al Gore wasn't involved at that stage.

For many, yes. Your one little anecdote does little to deter the fact that mandatory education is the reason most Americans know how to read and write.
Especially in today's economy when both parents have to work full time jobs and have little time with what's most important, raising and teaching their children.
Your Internet reference really has no point here.

Forum List

Back