More Attractive: Natural Look or Enhanced?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Anachronism, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Our society today judges people largely on their appearance. We as individuals also tend to make broad, sweeping decisions about who we want to be like, to associate ourselves with, be in a relationship with, etc.... based on appearance.

Which brings me to my question.... What sort of appearance do you find more attractive? Is it the Natural Look or the Enhanced Look? Now let me explain what I mean by each before you respond.

For me, the Natural Look refers to someone who does not go out of their way to significantly change, alter, or enhance their appearance through the use of chemicals, cosmetics, special clothing, or other means. These are generally the women wearing little to no makeup, who aren't wearing the push-up bras and 5" heels; and the guys who aren't at the gym for three hours every day working on their six-pack abs and "guns", who don't have a $50 hairstyle and wouldn't know what a manicure entails.

On the other hand you have the Enhanced Look. These are the men and women for whom everything is about their appearance. They spend obscene amounts of time at the gym to lose the 3-4 "vanity" pounds or to ensure they have the perfect abs. The guys who look like fashion models with the hair all done up, and the ladies who have to add an extra cup size to their bust with a push-up bra and 3" to their height with heels just to go get a half gallon of milk at the corner store. The people who won't allow anyone to see them in the morning until they'e "put their face on", or primped themselves fully.

2. anuthervoice

anuthervoice pining for the fjords

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just give me a cowboy, enhanced or not.:eusa_pray:

3. anuthervoice

anuthervoice pining for the fjords

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    and, natural, everytime.

4. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I guess it depends, if the body is right I can work with either or.

5. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    My 10-gallon hat originally was only 5.

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    For me personally, I tend to prefer the Natural Look in a woman and it's what I try to exude myself. That doesn't mean I don't try to look decently put-together, or that I want a relationship with a woman who doesn't take care of herself; but I think that a lot of this primping, polishing, and enhancing of every possible attribute creates a situation where you don't really get to know the real person.

I've never been a fan of the Tammy Faye Baker look. A little lipstick and maybe some mascara if we're going out somewhere nice. I have always been slightly nauseated by female body builders. They just look unnatural to me. Likewise, if a woman needs 5" heels and a bra padded two sizes beyond her normal bust to make herself feel attractive, she's probably not going to have the personality or attitudes that I'm looking for in a potential relationship partner. Don't even get me started on those individuals who've had boob jobs, face lifts, or other elective plastic surgeries.

Now, I will admit that there are two "enhancements" that I do enjoy seeing on a woman.... A pair of moderate height heels, and I'm a sucker for a corset (in its proper atmosphere).

7. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Yeah but if I meet a good looking woman who I'm clicking with I'm not going to let a pair of fake boobs stop me.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I like beautiful people.

I don't really care how they get that way.

Some of us are born beautiful, some of us work on it.

Beauty is something we are programmmed to like, folks.

It's one of natures main drivers for changing the human genome.

One of the basic things that people find beautiful is physicial symmetry espcially in the face.

Now how does that improve the species?

Fairly simply...facial symmetry is indicative of a person who does not have other physical (hidden) problems.

Another thing we seem programmed to like is a well proportioned body.

Again, such correct proportions of the body inform us that the person is phycially healthy.

Healthy people tend to breed healthy children.

We can object to people who find phyical beauty attractive.

We can call them "lookists" and decry them as being shallow and vane, but from a purely objective perspective they are simply responding to their genetic programming.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  9. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    Much of this is true. However beauty and health are not one in the same. Natural or enhanced.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Body chemistry says it all.