Morality...... Howard Dean Style that is

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Washington, DC, Jun. 12 (UPI) -- Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean told party leaders in Washington to try casting traditionally liberal issues in moral terms.

The former Vermont governor told the DNC executive committee meeting that putting issues such as education in moral terms is the key to Democrats winning back the White House, the Washington Post reported Sunday.

"We have not spoken about moral values in this party for a long time," Dean said. "The truth is, we're Democrats because of our moral values. It's a moral value to make sure that kids don't go to bed hungry at night. It is a moral value not to go out on golf trips paid for by lobbyists."

Dean described the party's national campaign apparatus as being "30 years behind" the one fielded by the Bush-Cheney campaign last year. He said the solution is for Democrats to be tough, describe themselves boldly and get organized in all 50 states.

"People want us to fight, and we are here to fight," Dean said during the quarterly meeting. "We are not going to lie down in front of the Republican machine anymore."

link

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050612-114053-4529r.htm

"The truth is we're Democrats because of our moral values," said Dean. "We need to focus on the morality behind having sex outside of marriage in the White House, killing unborn children without government interference, creating life in order to destroy it for medical purposes, euthanizing the old and the infirm so they are not a burden to us, teaching oral sex and the values of homosexuality to our elementary school children, creating a welfare state that imprisons people to be reliant on the government forever, keeping religion out of anything that could be in a public forum, praising the desecration of Christian symbols for free speech, and allowing millions of people to continue to be tortured, raped and murdered by a dictator. Moral values. That's what this country needs to hear from the Democrats."

Dean admitted that he was initially having a difficult time getting Democrats to understand what he meant. He is setting up a Morals 101 class in July that will explain to Democrats what moral values are and why Democrats should care about them when it comes to getting votes.

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=15243

Does Howie really think moralizing, self-righteous libs are something new? Where has he been?

Doesn't Dean know that "fighting" the Republicans is what got them into the mess they are in today? As far as his morals class goes, who would want to take a class in Democrat morals? Everyone already knows they have none. I suppose he will have Bill and Hillary teach it. :rolleyes:

I have to laugh at this one. Why do the Democrats after over forty years of virtually the same message constantly think that Americans just don’t get it? They constantly make excuses for Americans lack of interest in their beliefs. I have a feeling Republicans are going to hold power for a very long time.

Markainion said:
I have to laugh at this one. Why do the Democrats after over forty years of virtually the same message constantly think that Americans just don’t get it? They constantly make excuses for Americans lack of interest in their beliefs. I have a feeling Republicans are going to hold power for a very long time.

They confuse... not getting it..... with not wanting it.

Markainion said:

agreed except the republicans are overplaying their hand and the backlash will go to the dems....

Forum List

Back