Modern physics is not science

Yourr obviously a good thinker.
Do you think the current expansion of the universe since the big bang, which is still expanding as we know, will ever stop?
Take it further. Do you think it could reverse to the point where all matter reforms into the big crunch of shrinking, like say how they think it started.

It is a tossed about theory that our current big bang might not have been the first.

Another of my readings.
The number of planets in our solar system is billions. We know of life on one, this one.
Let's say this solar system has one billion and one earth. Using that calculation and there are billions of galaxies, which leaves the possibility that on that ratio, there are a billion planets that could have life.

Any thoughts.
To be honest, I really don't have a strong opinion about whether the expansion will stop and reverse. There are measurements that show the universe is still expanding but at a somewhat slower rate. This belief is based on the closed universe theory.

In opposition, those that believe the universe will just continue expanding is supported by the open universe theory.

There is some evidence to support both theories.

You wrote, "the number of planets in our solar system is billions". I assume you meant universe. The shear vastness of the universe, the number galaxies, stars, and planets that must be the in the quadrillions is in itself a strong argument that there is some kind of life somewhere other than earth. However, if you're thinking of life as we know it with intelligent species, then the odds go down drastically that they exist at this point in time. There have most likely been many thousands of planets with intelligence life that have died out over the millions or billions of years and there maybe thousands or millions of other planets that are only starting to show the very beginning of life.

IMHO, if the human species survives and continues to progress, then in a thousand years or so, we may send out ships approaching the speed of light in search of planets with intelligent life for thousands of years and still not find them. The furthest detectable galaxy is over 14 billion light years. The almost infinite distances in our universe and the fact that intelligent life span is finite argues against us ever finding intelligent life. However, maybe we will be lucky.

Last edited:
Natural science is that which adheres to scientific methodology.
Scientific methodology was put forward by the positivists as a counterbalance to the speculative dogmatism of the church.

The first requirement is that a scientific law is not a dogma, but a pattern derived from experience - a generalization of experience.

Modern physics is not based on the scientific method.
Ok dumbass.

To be honest, I really don't have a strong opinion about whether the expansion will stop and reverse. There are measurements that show the universe is still expanding but at a somewhat slower rate. This belief is based on the closed universe theory.
Neil de grasse tyson says beyond our visible universe the furtherest galaxies etc, could be expanding faster than light. Impressive indeed.
In opposition, those that believe the universe will just continue expanding is supported by the open universe theory.
But obviously both theories

You wrote, "the number of planets in our solar system is billions". I assume you meant universe.
Yes sorry
The shear vastness of the universe, the number galaxies, stars, and planets that must be the in the quadrillions is in itself a strong argument that there is some kind of life somewhere other than earth.

However, if you're thinking of life as we know it with intelligent species, then the odds go down drastically that they exist at this point in time.
I agree with that. Its highly unlikely our conditions exist elsewhere but not impossible.
There have most likely been many thousands of planets with intelligence life that have died out over the millions or billions of years and there maybe thousands or millions of other planets that are only starting to show the very beginning of life.
Yes.
IMHO, if the human species survives and continues to progress, then in a thousand years or so, we may send out ships approaching the speed of light in search of planets with intelligent life for thousands of years and still not find them. The furthest detectable galaxy is over 14 billion light years. The almost infinite distances in our universe and the fact that intelligent life span is finite argues against us ever finding intelligent life. However, maybe we will be lucky.
Science are saying, if humans survive another million years, the expanding universe outside our own galaxy will be invisible. Big assumption?
Who knows.

There are measurements that show the universe is still expanding but at a somewhat slower rate. This belief is based on the closed universe theory.

There's also evidence indicating the universe may not even be isotropic to begin with. To me this suggests other possibilities such as a continuous, donut shaped "expansion" that only appears to expand as we currently "see" it happening. It could be of fixed size (and flavor!), in other words. It may just look more like expansion or contraction depending upon one's path and proximity relative to the donut's center which remains far beyond anyone's observable universe. All could be moving together, say both axially (about the hole) and axially (about the tasty bits) through space over time (say m/sec^2), Möbius strip like, and say in clockwise direction, pun intended, such that all always perceive a Big Bang beginning as happening like 14 billion years or so ago, looking "back" or "outward," or that too may vary significantly.

Last edited:
Not preaching. The "existence" of Aether/Ether no longer matters. Michaelson/Morley tried to confirm the existence and failed. But Einstein put the nails in the coffin. EMagnetic propagation IS SELF-contained. Only sheep here are the ones that STILL believe EM doesn't propagate in a vacuum
I'll just add this. That so many people can still imagine Tesla, after having envisioned and invented the induction motor, our entire AC grid, wireless power transfer, etc., etc., could possibly be so wrong about how light, or any form of energy for that matter, moves from point A to point B -- supplies evidence for only our ongoing collective arrogance and stupidity. That we could ever allow a boob like Trump to sit in the oval office, likewise.

After 3 courses on fields and waves and radiative physics i recognize that
Do you recognize "Who {Really} Invented the Radio?"
Marconi apparently attracted most of the attention because the big investors preferred the Italian over the Serb. How can one expect a decent ROI backing a Serb? In comparison, what practical, material invention of Einstein's comes to mind? His refrigerator design? Both Tesla and Einstein obviously benefitted enormously from the previous works of giants such as Maxwell and Hertz, yet only one brought us more extremely useful, everyday stuff than one could shake a stick at.. all while having to fight continuously for more funding. What a different world it would be if Tesla had been well funded for his entire life instead of us funding stuff like the Manhattan Project?..

I'll just add this. That so many people can still imagine Tesla, after having envisioned and invented the induction motor, our entire AC grid, wireless power transfer, etc., etc., could possibly be so wrong about how light, or any form of energy for that matter, moves from point A to point B -- supplies evidence for only our ongoing collective arrogance and stupidity. That we could ever allow a boob like Trump to sit in the oval office, likewise.

Tesla's perspective on EM propagation ended when he died. We're STILL arguing about waves or particles in regard to light. I'm sure he'd LIKE to come back and see bad his vision of TRANSMITTING commercial/consumer power by AIR truly was tho.. :biggrin:

R.2cfb0c67eb449d7de51c9d8461c79f5e

:abgg2q.jpg:

Do you recognize "Who {Really} Invented the Radio?"
Marconi apparently attracted most of the attention because the big investors preferred the Italian over the Serb. How can one expect a decent ROI backing a Serb? In comparison, what practical, material invention of Einstein's comes to mind? His refrigerator design? Both Tesla and Einstein obviously benefitted enormously from the previous works of giants such as Maxwell and Hertz, yet only one brought us more extremely useful, everyday stuff than one could shake a stick at.. all while having to fight continuously for more funding. What a different world it would be if Tesla had been well funded for his entire life instead of us funding stuff like the Manhattan Project?..

I respect ALL of them. And refuse to judge their mistakes because their perspectives were just limited by the eras they lived in.

But when it comes to GOVT funding, it should be limited to PUSHING those horizons in BASIC theory, NOT PRODUCTS or concepts that have already been ON market.

We WASTE tremendous amounts subsidizing ONE company (or university) to the detriment of science and engineering. And by picking winners/losers discourage competition for BETTER products. Put this in context of the govt DESIGNING your HVAC system or lightbulbs BECAUSE they PREFER a certain technology. Like being able to SCREAM that wind and solar are WHAT WE NEED. To the detriment of actually CLEANING the environment without killing large #s of people.

I respect ALL of them. And refuse to judge their mistakes because their perspectives were just limited by the eras they lived in.
Your posting of Frank R. Paul's futuristic "conception of Nikola Tesla's system for transmitting power by radio waves, 1925" above followed only by that stupid laughing cartoon dog gif indicates otherwise. Like most people, you laugh at what you don't understand. I laugh now because I finally do after decades of study and deliberate self-deprogramming. I can easily see that every facet of Tesla's public plans for that tower have now been demonstrated to work:
Tesla described his sensational plans for the tower in an article:

"As soon as completed, it will be possible for a business man in New York to dictate instructions, and have them instantly appear in type at his office in London or elsewhere. He will be able to call up, from his desk, and talk to any telephone subscriber on the globe, without any change whatever in the existing equipment. An inexpensive instrument, not bigger than a watch, will enable its bearer to hear anywhere, on sea or land, music or song, the speech of a political leader, the address of an eminent man of science, or the sermon of an eloquent clergyman, delivered in some other place, however distant. In the same manner any picture, character, drawing, or print can be transferred from one to another place. Millions of such instruments can be operated from but one plant of this kind. More important than all of this, however, will be the transmission of power, without wires, which will be shown on a scale large enough to carry conviction."
Instantaneous communication and power on demand, at a distance, but certainly not unlimited. Also, no way to meter it, thus why Westinghouse pulled the plug the moment he read that^. But, you know, "After 3 courses on fields and waves and radiative physics" -- how could one have possibly been deceived listening to modern purveyors of physics this whole time? LOL.
But when it comes to GOVT funding, it should be limited to PUSHING those horizons in BASIC theory, NOT PRODUCTS or concepts that have already been ON market.

We WASTE tremendous amounts subsidizing ONE company (or university) to the detriment of science and engineering. And by picking winners/losers discourage competition for BETTER products. Put this in context of the govt DESIGNING your HVAC system or lightbulbs BECAUSE they PREFER a certain technology. Like being able to SCREAM that wind and solar are WHAT WE NEED. To the detriment of actually CLEANING the environment without killing large #s of people.
I agree with much of that. Problem is, essentially leaving all the biggest chucks for billionaires to handle for us is no plan. That's what we're doing already. We busted up Standard Oil why? Ma Bell why? Will we never learn?

There's also evidence indicating the universe may not even be isotropic to begin with. To me this suggests other possibilities such as a continuous, donut shaped "expansion" that only appears to expand as we currently "see" it happening. It could be of fixed size (and flavor!), in other words. It may just look more like expansion or contraction depending upon one's path and proximity relative to the donut's center which remains far beyond anyone's observable universe. All could be moving together, say both axially (about the hole) and axially (about the tasty bits) through space over time (say m/sec^2), Möbius strip like, and say in clockwise direction, pun intended, such that all always perceive a Big Bang beginning as happening like 14 billion years or so ago, looking "back" or "outward," or that too may vary significantly.
Once you accept curved space, then old idea of linear space goes out the window.

Your posting of Frank R. Paul's futuristic "conception of Nikola Tesla's system for transmitting power by radio waves, 1925" above followed only by that stupid laughing cartoon dog gif indicates otherwise. Like most people, you laugh at what you don't understand.

Oh I understand alright. That "futurist" artist rendering is of the ACTUAL TOWER. That's how far this Tesla idea went. Musk idolizes Tesla because of his ability to SELL technology and dogged determination to prove other wrong. Remember what I said about "science giveth ego, fame, ect -- and science taketh that away"? Because MOST scientists are NOT risk takers and not egomaniacal ENOUGH to SELL others on their theories.

I'll remind you in this duel with Edison, some of Edison's workers electrocuted an elephant with AC current. The scuttelbutt is that was to show that AC current was TOO dangerous. IT DID HAPPEN. Was never attributed to directly to Edison. It's what current corrupt politicians call "plausible deniability". YOU DECIDE why the coincidence of Edison company and the murder of this elephant with AC electrocution. :stir: Perhaps -- it could have been "ego, fame" revenge for LOSING the war with Tesla 10 years prior?

On Jan. 4, 1903, a team led the 28-year-old Topsy to a ring of 1,500 spectators and wound a noose around her neck. They fed her poisoned treats and then affixed two copper elements, one to her forefoot and other to a hind foot, ensuring that the AC electrical current would flow throughout her entire body. The electricians were, quite notably, from a company bearing Edison's name.

When the men finally flipped the power switch, more than 6,000 volts of electricity coursed through Topsy. She keeled over almost instantly. After 10 seconds, the technicians stopped the current and the noose around her neck was cinched until observers deemed her completely dead.

Also, there was a film crew from Edison Manufacturing recording the event, and Thomas A. Edison is credited at the end of the clip — you can easily find it online if you have the stomach to watch it. But the same company created more than 1,000 films bearing Edison's name, and they often made these recordings without his input or direction, making it very possible that Edison had nothing at all to do with Topsy's unhappy ending.

Oh I understand alright. That "futurist" artist rendering is of the ACTUAL TOWER. That's how far this Tesla idea went. Musk idolizes Tesla because of his ability to SELL technology and dogged determination to prove other wrong. Remember what I said about "science giveth ego, fame, ect -- and science taketh that away"? Because MOST scientists are NOT risk takers and not egomaniacal ENOUGH to SELL others on their theories.
I didn't stutter. No, it's not "how far this Tesla idea went." You just appear determined to change the subject. Musk? What the fusk? Topsy? Who cares? As you accurately characterized that right up front, "scuttlebutt." Meanwhile, as your own sources reveal, Edison did very deliberately electrocute animals with AC, even prisoners IIRC, and started that whole AC vs DC safety war because he really did idiotically believe DC was safer and that he could demonstrably prove it, thereby ensuring DC grid power market dominance perhaps forever. So naturally Tesla reacted by simply proving him wrong, time and again, albeit sensationally at times, but with more logic, less concocted drama. Regardless, none of this bears upon what I was discussing prior. If you really find that stuff entertaining though, I'm happy for you ;)

Last edited:
That's how far this Tesla idea went.
Fact is though, it was far from being just Tesla's idea. One must appreciate that most still took the Aether for granted back then. It wasn't anywhere near the futuristic or foreign concept it's commonly portrayed as today. Eric explains:
(V) It is little known that Ernst Alexanderson also developed high frequency, (3 megacycles to 30 megacycles), electro-magnetic antennae for the Bolinas station. Two in particular are noteworthy,

1) The R.C.A. type A wave projector, Fig (9)

2) The Collinear Dipole Array, Fig (10)

Both antennae utilize the Alexanderson loading scheme. The type A is loaded transmission line structure and led to the R.C.A. “Fish Bone” antenna later developed by Beverage, Carter, and Hansel of R.C.A. Laboratories. For more on these R.C.A. developments see “Radio Antenna Engineering” by Laport, here are numerous photos and diagrams of the “Lost Antennae” of Bolinas.

In the type A each loading section on the two wire line is a parallel connection of an electro-magnetic dipole and a shunt reactance coil. This coil is so proportioned to cancel the dielectric induction of the span of two wire line preceding it, Fig (11).

This shunt reactance “tunes out” the shunt capacitance of the line element, and thereby tunes out the Velocity of Light, the actual dimensions of the capacitance. The result is no time delay along the two wire line exciting the radiators. Propagation is now instantaneous. Hereby all the radiators operate in phase unison resulting in the type A being a broadside array with a vertical polarization. Since no standing waves are possible on a line with no propagation delay all radiators appear in parallel at the feed terminals. A 600 ohm resistive impedance results. The Type A is obviously a single frequency antenna and this is its prime defect. R.C.A. operated the A arrays at power levels of 40 to 80 kilowatts at frequencies in the H.F. point to point service.

(VI) Alexanderson also developed the co-linear array for the R.C.A. H.F. maritime mobile service (KPH). The co-linear array is an alternating sequence of half wave radiators and of phase reversing stubs. The result is that all half wave radiators operate in phase conjunction. Where it is all the radiators of the Type A are in PARALLEL, those of the co-linear are all in SERIES. Both share the PHASE UNISON CONDITION and are a concatenated sequence of networks and elements, the fundamental Alexanderson principle. The co-linear is a harmonic array and operates not only at its fundamental frequency but also at the third harmonic of that frequency. Operation on the fifth and seventh harmonics is possible but is of poor performance. There is the beginnings of a “frequency independent” antenna. This is an objective in the “Bolinas Antenna”.

The co-linear array developed into the most common antennae in use today, Fig (12). This is the co-axial vertical phased array and it has extensive application in the land mobile V.H.F. and U.H.F. Services, 30 megacycles to 1000 megacycles. With some minor changes this antenna arch-form will serve as the seed element for the “Bolinas Antenna”.

(VII) The element of the co-axial co-linear is shown in Fig (13). This element operates in two different modes at the same time. One mode is the transmission line mode, the other mode is the antenna mode. In the transmission line mode the electric field is confined to the counter-space between the element conductors, nothing gets out. In the antenna mode the electric field is spatial, external to the conductors. The external field is subject to the hysteresis of the Aether and this gives rise to a “radiation resistance”. This is discussed in “Velocity of Propagation of The Electric Field” from the 1920 Transient Phenomena book by C.P. Steinmetz.
But do you listen? All power grid engineers still look back to Steinmetz like lawyers still consulting Black's Law Dictionary. He wrote the book on it. It all remains fundamental. Required to achieve a more than cursory understanding of the subject matter.

Topsy? Who cares? As you accurately characterized that right up front, "scuttlebutt.

A ring of 1500 spectators? A film and electrocution crew both from Edison? This is where "fact-checking" becomes an on-line SCOURGE. Because when I went to grab links -- it was SPIN -- not truth that all these charlatans were peddling.

TRUTH IS -- it was 10 years AFTER the war was pretty decided. But all these megalomaniacs like Tesla/Edison in science DO HOLD GRUDGES for a lifetime. So "10 years later" IS NOT any proof that Edison or Edison Corp didn't want this recorded for ALL HISTORY. That's why Musk admires Tesla that much. Because he's now the country's most powerful troll since Trump was banned from social media.

Science ego can do horrible things. Like when some narcissistic someone says "the science is settled".

I can better see what you were driving at there now. Edison certainly allowed his success to go to his head as time went on. He really wasn't that bright but made up for it with dogged determination and exhaustive experimental research, which naturally led him down seemingly endless new paths of discovery. An excellent strategy at the time, though doing more reading would have likely saved him lots of otherwise wasted time, material, and effort. Musk is undoubtedly brilliant, but all go nuts who amass such ridiculous wealth and notoriety. Gates, Jobs, Bezos, Buffet, Morgan, Westinghouse, the Koch Brothers, Waltons,.. None are immune. Those with too much should be quickly taxed back down to size so that many more may compete, flourish, and none are left behind. Tesla, otoh, could put up an impressive narcissistic front, but was never actually comparable in terms of wealth obsession or assholishness.

You are arguing with a decades long scientist who does research and you without any evidence offered that he is wrong about it.
No, I defer to IPCC. You are lying and misrepresenting research and researchers to try to support your ignorant, anti intellectual deviance.

Good luck!

You should stop it. You’re an embarrassment.
You're the embarrassment as you can't even name an atheist modern physicist. Modern physics is more evidence for ID and God as creation scientists were involved in creating it.

Forum List

Back