MO White Students Told Not to Take Part in Ferguson Die In Protest

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nothing like protesting racism by perpetuating racism.

Columbia, MO. — Organizers of a recent Ferguson protest at the University of Missouri requested “only people of color” take part in the event’s “die-in,” one element of a larger demonstration that prompted at least two classes to be shelved so students could participate.

“During the demonstration we will hold a ‘die-in’ in the student center. We are asking that only people of color be the ones to do so,” event organizers stated in an email obtained by The College Fix. “We are asking non-people of color to stand holding hands in solidarity.”

“The ‘die-in’ is meant to represent black bodies that are killed unjustly. It was requested that others stand in a circle holding hands,” student Ebony Francis told The College Fix in a telephone interview.

Missouri white students told not to take part in Ferguson 8216 die-in 8217 demonstration

Nothing like protesting racism by perpetuating racism.

Columbia, MO. — Organizers of a recent Ferguson protest at the University of Missouri requested “only people of color” take part in the event’s “die-in,” one element of a larger demonstration that prompted at least two classes to be shelved so students could participate.

“During the demonstration we will hold a ‘die-in’ in the student center. We are asking that only people of color be the ones to do so,” event organizers stated in an email obtained by The College Fix. “We are asking non-people of color to stand holding hands in solidarity.”

“The ‘die-in’ is meant to represent black bodies that are killed unjustly. It was requested that others stand in a circle holding hands,” student Ebony Francis told The College Fix in a telephone interview.

Missouri white students told not to take part in Ferguson 8216 die-in 8217 demonstration

Another example of the supposed desire to better race relations being based on white people sitting down and shutting up being told how bad they are.

Seems to me if they are specifically attempting to portray Black bodies it would be odd to see white ones. I also note that some whites still did it anyway and there was no issue.

Seems to me if they are specifically attempting to portray Black bodies it would be odd to see white ones. I also note that some whites still did it anyway and there was no issue.

Police killings don't just happen to black people. It's an issue that everyone in this country has a vested interest in solving sooner rather than later. Continuing to focus solely on a racial aspect will only create divisions instead of everyone uniting to stop this.

Forum List

Back