MLB can add Negro Leagues to official records but can never change what it did to Black players

What is most offensive of what Baseball did to black players is that this can’t be blamed on Southern Jim Crow laws.

There were no MLB teams in the South. Closest were Washington and St Louis. Cities like NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Boston had significant black populations and intentionally chose to exclude blacks.
So Blacks had more time to study and become professionals and instead chose instead to cry.
They were prohibited from becoming professionals

Actually they were professionals, just in a separate league.

Remember minor league baseball is professional as well.

They were prevented from joining the American and National Leagues.
As we saw yesterday, those Negro Leagues were not considered professional Big League baseball.
Separate but equal was not equal
The problem with the Black community is that 99% of their kids think they're going to be millionaires if they spend every moment out of school playing a sport.

How many black kids do you know personally that think that?

What is most offensive of what Baseball did to black players is that this can’t be blamed on Southern Jim Crow laws.

There were no MLB teams in the South. Closest were Washington and St Louis. Cities like NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Boston had significant black populations and intentionally chose to exclude blacks.
So Blacks had more time to study and become professionals and instead chose instead to cry.

As we saw yesterday, those Negro Leagues were not considered professional Big League baseball.
The problem with the Black community is that 99% of their kids think they're going to be millionaires if they spend every moment out of school playing a sport.

It's kind of funny you asking a middle aged White if he hangs out with Black kids in High School.

I grew up in East New York, Brooklyn in the 1960s and 1970s...every Black kid.
I work with guys who live in Uniondale, Hempstead and Roosevelt and they tell me that most of them still think like that.

It's kind of funny you asking a middle aged White if he hangs out with Black kids in High School.

So how do you know what black kids think if you aren't around any.

I grew up in East New York, Brooklyn in the 1960s and 1970s...every Black kid.

How many years did it take you to talk to EVERY black kid in Brooklyn?

I work with guys who live in Uniondale, Hempstead and Roosevelt and they tell me that most of them still think like that.

Well we know that isn't true, because many kids come out of NYS who are entertainers, doctors, construction guys, etc. I am just curious how long it would take to talk to EVERY black kid in NYS.

baseball would have been much better if blacks and Latinos were able to play back in the 20's and 30's......
Just look at how many Black and Latino stars there were in the 50s and 60s

Robinson, Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Marichal, Gibson

baseball would have been much better if blacks and Latinos were able to play back in the 20's and 30's......
Just look at how many Black and Latino stars there were in the 50s and 60s

Robinson, Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Marichal, Gibson
Josh Gibson may have broke Ruths HR record in the 30's....
They just might recognize it
there will always be the old *.......

Forum List

Back