MLB can add Negro Leagues to official records but can never change what it did to Black players

Under the concept of "you just can't please some people" I give you the article below.

Bryant: MLB can add Negro Leagues to records but can't change what it did to Black players

The decision was met with great applause, but in addition to being reconciliatory, it was also a spectacular display of historical distortion and institutional arrogance.

He also focuses on things like batting average when the real impact is in complied numbers, hits, home runs, wins, strikeouts, etc.
As an analogy, I like most of the Germans I meet.
I can't blame the people I meet on Hitler and his followers.
Hitler was not a German...

He was Germanic. Austria and Germany are/were nation state constructs, Germany itself only becoming a unified nation in 1871, yet there were Germans around well before that, and Hitler was indeed German by ethnicity.

What is most offensive of what Baseball did to black players is that this can’t be blamed on Southern Jim Crow laws.

There were no MLB teams in the South. Closest were Washington and St Louis. Cities like NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Boston had significant black populations and intentionally chose to exclude blacks.
So Blacks had more time to study and become professionals and instead chose instead to cry.
They were prohibited from becoming professionals

Actually they were professionals, just in a separate league.

Remember minor league baseball is professional as well.

They were prevented from joining the American and National Leagues.
As we saw yesterday, those Negro Leagues were not considered professional Big League baseball.
Separate but equal was not equal
The problem with the Black community is that 99% of their kids think they're going to be millionaires if they spend every moment out of school playing a sport.
Maybe so
But sports build values and keeps them out of trouble. They are also an incentive to attend class

What is most offensive of what Baseball did to black players is that this can’t be blamed on Southern Jim Crow laws.

There were no MLB teams in the South. Closest were Washington and St Louis. Cities like NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Boston had significant black populations and intentionally chose to exclude blacks.
So Blacks had more time to study and become professionals and instead chose instead to cry.
So were JOOS, but we created our own businesses.
That's because we wait to get drunk and laid until after marriage.

Jews were allowed in the Major Leagues
Out of context...nobody would hire a Jew.

The context is MLB

Under the concept of "you just can't please some people" I give you the article below.

Bryant: MLB can add Negro Leagues to records but can't change what it did to Black players

The decision was met with great applause, but in addition to being reconciliatory, it was also a spectacular display of historical distortion and institutional arrogance.

He also focuses on things like batting average when the real impact is in complied numbers, hits, home runs, wins, strikeouts, etc.

He was Germanic. Austria and Germany are/were nation state constructs, Germany itself only becoming a unified nation in 1871, yet there were Germans around well before that, and Hitler was indeed German by ethnicity.
Yet, he was not a German citizen is that better? The Austrians started making Jews wear gold stars in the 15th century and then started deporting them..Can you tell me why?

Yet, he was not a German citizen is that better? The Austrians started making Jews wear gold stars in the 15th century and then started deporting them..Can you tell me why?

He became a German Citizen before he became Chancellor.

No matter what MLB does it will never remove the stain it has from it racist past...

Some of the greatest players of those days never played a day in MLB and I just ask myself how many records would Cool Papa Bell have broken?

Also Rightwinger is correct the North was as racist as the South but without Jim Crow laws...

I have absolutely NO interest in sports.

But I feel that the action taken is condescending and patronizing and just plain silly.

Changing the historical record just to make everyone today feel better is, well, I have already used the appropriate adjectives.

For goodness' sake, when is this, well, nonsense going to end?

It only stirs up bad memories and, ironically, reinforces bad feelings.

And yet he still was not from Germany.

And Stalin was not from Russia yet he ruled it eventually.

I have absolutely NO interest in sports.

But I feel that the action taken is condescending and patronizing and just plain silly.

Changing the historical record just to make everyone today feel better is, well, I have already used the appropriate adjectives.

For goodness' sake, when is this, well, nonsense going to end?

It only stirs up bad memories and, ironically, reinforces bad feelings.
I can tell you were not and never have been on the receiving end of being discriminated against.

And Stalin was not from Russia yet he ruled it eventually.
He was a Georgian and attended a seminary.

As we saw yesterday, those Negro Leagues were not considered professional Big League baseball.

They were considered big league by their fans.

Highest level talent amongst their talent pool. Its why only a few of the leagues are being considered for the Stat adjustment.

Not all, only a few? Are those the onese with the best record keeping?

The problem with the Black community is that 99% of their kids think they're going to be millionaires if they spend every moment out of school playing a sport.
Maybe so
But sports build values and keeps them out of trouble. They are also an incentive to attend class

Yeah. Just what our schools need. A bunch of students just going though the motions so they can keep playing sports.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Try actually MAKING it, as clearly and explicitly as you can.

Maybe so
Bullshit; 99% of professional athletes are alcoholics and drug addicts.

So were JOOS, but we created our own businesses.
That's because we wait to get drunk and laid until after marriage.

Jews were allowed in the Major Leagues
Out of context...nobody would hire a Jew.

The context is MLB
The context is "Poor Blacks...".

Forum List

Back