Mitt's Bain Capital leveraged buyout problem

Actually, those polls came out before he made the decision not to run. .

Absolutely wrong. You prove yet again that you have no fucking clue what was going on in MA at the time, you ignorant asshole.

And I'm sure you went to Wiki to find out about those other non-entities. .

Wrong again, ignorant asshole. I happen to have been in MA at the time, I happen to have voted in that election, I happen to have been paying attention - UNLIKE YOU, ignorant asshole.

Wrong again, ignorant asshole. I happen to have been in MA at the time, I happen to have voted in that election, I happen to have been paying attention - UNLIKE YOU, ignorant asshole.

Oh, you happen to be in China. you happen to be in MA, you "happen" to be anywhere that gives credence..

Seriously, I think you need to give the Koch brothers a refund.

Solyndra. That is Obama's record.

And what about it?

The government has been blowing billions on lots of stuff. Ronnie "Rocketman" Reagan's orbital nuclear platform barely raised a fuss. We blew 300 billion on a "Joint Strike Fighter", we blew billions on a war in Iraq, billions (and counting) on missile defense. Heck, Halliburton was actually responsible for killing people with their poor wiring.

But the first thing on Issa's investigation bonanza..is Solyndra.

Gotta love that. No sir. Not political.

Oh, you happen to be in China. you happen to be in MA.

I'm not in China now, but I was many years ago. I was born in MA. YOU are an ignorant asshole.

And what about it?

The government has been blowing billions on lots of stuff. Ronnie "Rocketman" Reagan's orbital nuclear platform barely raised a fuss. We blew 300 billion on a "Joint Strike Fighter", we blew billions on a war in Iraq, billions (and counting) on missile defense. Heck, Halliburton was actually responsible for killing people with their poor wiring.

Guy, guy, focus here. Don't throw out silly numbers and claims any built a "nuclear platform" in space.

Solyndra is a scandal because they spent Government money like drunken sailors, and people in the government knew it wasn't going to work.

The war in Iraq is a scandal because they spent Government money like drunken sailors, and people in the government knew it wasn't going to work.

There, I fixed your quote. My edits in red.

No, guy. Not really.

We set out to do what we said we were going to do.

I think there is a lot of innefficiency in military spending, just like any other form of government spending, without a doubt.

But we went in to get rid of Saddam, who was a genocidal monster, and we got rid of him. So what's your complaint again?

And what about it?

Guy, guy, focus here. Don't throw out silly numbers and claims any built a "nuclear platform" in space.

Solyndra is a scandal because they spent Government money like drunken sailors, and people in the government knew it wasn't going to work.

The $382 billion F-35 Joint Strike fighter program may well be the largest single global defense program in history.
F-35 Joint Strike Fighter: 2009-2010
On March 23, 1983, President Ronald Reagan proposed the Strategic Defense Initiative, a research program with a goal of developing a defensive system which would destroy enemy ICBMs. The defensive system was nicknamed Star Wars, after the movie, by its detractors. Some concepts of the system included Brilliant Pebbles, which were Kinetic Kill Vehicles, essentially small rockets launched from satellites toward their targets (a warhead, warhead bus, or even an upper stage of an ICBM. Other aspects included satellites in orbit carrying powerful lasers or particle beams. When a missile launch was detected, the satellite would fire at the missile (or warheads) and destroy it.
Space weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lawsuit names Halliburton, subsidiaries in soldiers
Soldier Deaths Caused by KBR Negligence | Military Medical Malpractice Blog

I mean..google isn't very hard to use.."guy".

The war in Iraq is a scandal because they spent Government money like drunken sailors, and people in the government knew it wasn't going to work.

There, I fixed your quote. My edits in red.

No, guy. Not really.

We set out to do what we said we were going to do.
Indeed, we did a fine job of protecting ourselves from the 30,000 tons of WMD's, the stockpiles north and east of Tikrit, the mobile missile launchers, the remote drones that would be used to deliver WMDs and the aluminum tubes that were clearly designed to enrich uranium.

Oh wait, is that right?

And what about it?

The $382 billion F-35 Joint Strike fighter program may well be the largest single global defense program in history.
F-35 Joint Strike Fighter: 2009-2010
On March 23, 1983, President Ronald Reagan proposed the Strategic Defense Initiative, a research program with a goal of developing a defensive system which would destroy enemy ICBMs. The defensive system was nicknamed Star Wars, after the movie, by its detractors. Some concepts of the system included Brilliant Pebbles, which were Kinetic Kill Vehicles, essentially small rockets launched from satellites toward their targets (a warhead, warhead bus, or even an upper stage of an ICBM. Other aspects included satellites in orbit carrying powerful lasers or particle beams. When a missile launch was detected, the satellite would fire at the missile (or warheads) and destroy it.

I'll say, they proved half your claims were wrong. There were no nukes on those platforms, (that were never built) just kinetic kill vehicles.

As for your other whining, every war has had its share of accidents, so I'm not sure what your complaint is. In Gulf War I, we lost more guys to accidents than enemy fire.

And who was it who had the brilliant idea to outsource service support functions to private companies because they couldn't recruit enough soldiers to do it? Your boy, Bill Clinton.

I'll say, they proved half your claims were wrong. There were no nukes on those platforms, (that were never built) just kinetic kill vehicles.

As for your other whining, every war has had its share of accidents, so I'm not sure what your complaint is. In Gulf War I, we lost more guys to accidents than enemy fire.

And who was it who had the brilliant idea to outsource service support functions to private companies because they couldn't recruit enough soldiers to do it? Your boy, Bill Clinton.

:lol:

Even after I come back with the links..for shame.

So..somehow Solyndra..a half a billion dollar project..gets to jump ahead of the Joint Strike Fighter..a 382 billion dollar project.

And accidents? Why the fuck were we outsourcing work to a company which have had to on multiple occassions, pay fines for wrong doing?

Why are we outsourcing ANYTHING regarding the military in the first place? There's like 500K or so people in it. Many of whom possess the very skill set necessary to do that sort of work.

Oh..um..could it be we had a vice president STILL receiving compensation from said company?

That doesn't sound corrupt to you?

:badgrin:

Last edited:
[

So..somehow Solyndra..a half a billion dollar project..gets to jump ahead of the Joint Strike Fighter..a 382 billion dollar project.

And accidents? Why the fuck were we outsourcing work to a company which have had to on multiple occassions, pay fines for wrong doing?

Why are we outsourcing ANYTHING regarding the military in the first place? There's like 500K or so people in it. Many of whom possess the very skill set necessary to do that sort of work.

Oh..um..could it be we had a vice president STILL receiving compensation from said company?

Not in the least bit. Clinton never should have signed those contracts with Cheney before Cheney became VP.

We outsourced that work because a draft would have been politically unpopular.

As for the Joint Strike Fighter program- Are you saying the planes don't fly and don't do what they are supposed to do? I'm trying to understand what your whine is here about this program, guy, other than your castrati fear of American military power.

[

Not in the least bit. Clinton never should have signed those contracts with Cheney before Cheney became VP.

As for the Joint Strike Fighter program- Are you saying the planes don't fly and don't do what they are supposed to do? I'm trying to understand what your whine is here about this program, guy, other than your castrati fear of American military power.

What planes?

That's the point, bub. There are no planes.

[

Uh, yes - the Joint Strike Fighter planes don'f fly and don't do what they are supposed to do. (unless you suppose their role is to keep pork in certain districts)

[

Uh, yes - the Joint Strike Fighter planes don'f fly and don't do what they are supposed to do. (unless you suppose their role is to keep pork in certain districts)

And the amazing thing is, is that there were 2 such weapon systems being worked on, the F-35 and the F-22. They went with the F-22. Which in itself was a huge waste of money because..heck..when was the last time any American pilot was in a dog fight? Vietnam war?

And really..what foreign plane even comes close to the Tomcat?

As I understand it, the program has resulted in the F-35 fighters series, which will start operational service in 2016.. to replace our aging fleet of F-14, F-15 etc fighters.

So I'm not seeing your problem with it. Unless you just hate the military like a bunch of liberal pantywastes.

As I understand it, the program has resulted in the F-35 fighters series, which will start operational service in 2016.. to replace our aging fleet of F-14, F-15 etc fighters.

So I'm not seeing your problem with it. Unless you just hate the military like a bunch of liberal pantywastes.

Well, the military aren't even sure they want it. Are you saying the military are a bunch of military-hating liberal pantywastes?

Let's review some recent news, shall we?

I guess McCain is a military-hating pantywaste because he thinks the program is a "tragedy".

McCain calls F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program a 'tragedy'
By Josiah Ryan - 12/05/11 03:41 PM ET

Ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Monday called the troubled F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jet program a "scandal" and "tragedy," and demanded greater accountability for the weapons system's maker, Lockheed Martin.

"The Joint Strike Fighter program has been both a scandal and a tragedy," said McCain from the Senate floor Monday. "[W]e are saddled with a program has little to show for itself after 10 years and $56 billion in taxpayer investment that has produced less than 20 test and operational aircraft."

In his speech McCain sketched the 10-year history of the embattled program, describing mechanical problems and budget overruns that have plagued development. The senior senator from Arizona also argued that the aircraft's manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, has charged the U.S. taxpayer vast sums for fixing problems that were in fact its own fault or that should have been included in original budget estimates.

"Lockheed Martin must be held increasingly accountable for cost overruns that come as a result of wringing out necessary changes in the design and manufacturing process for this incredibly expensive aircraft," said McCain.

The price tag for the first 28 plans went up 771M in one month alone (July, 2011). That's more than the entire Solyndra bankruptcy cost the government. They are paying for that by shifting money out of other programs. Do the people in those programs hate the military too? Is that why they are being cut for this one trillion dollar piece of Pork?

Forum List

Back