Mitt Romney on Increasing Tax Revenue

WatertheTree

Sep 9, 2011
In light of the recent complaints from crybaby corporate liberals on this board that there is just WAY to much Ron Paul chit chat going on, I thought that I would dedicate a few threads to Mitt Romneys platform, or lack of.

This one is on increasing tax revenue, without increasing taxes. We all know that you can wait on population growth to increase the tax base, but with the amount of debt we are tacking on each year waiting on the population to solve this problem is an excersize in futility. How does Mitt Romney plan to increase tax revenue without increasing taxes??

Or is he another fawning parasite who is running not on future policy, but on past failure?

In light of the recent complaints from crybaby corporate liberals on this board that there is just WAY to much Ron Paul chit chat going on, I thought that I would dedicate a few threads to Mitt Romneys platform, or lack of.

This one is on increasing tax revenue, without increasing taxes. We all know that you can wait on population growth to increase the tax base, but with the amount of debt we are tacking on each year waiting on the population to solve this problem is an excersize in futility. How does Mitt Romney plan to increase tax revenue without increasing taxes??

Or is he another fawning parasite who is running not on future policy, but on past failure?

He could fire government workers and create more private sector jobs. That will increase the tax revenue.

He could fire government workers and create more private sector jobs. That will increase the tax revenue.

How does he plan to create more private sector jobs, and how will he offset the tax revenue lost by the termination of employed people?

How does he plan to create more private sector jobs, and how will he offset the tax revenue lost by the termination of employed people?

He must cut government workers. If he do that he’ll cut government spending. Government workers are paid for through taxes by private sector workers. Government workers dosen’t earn money, they get money through the taxes private sector workers pay.
That way he’ll increase the tax revenue through cutting government spending(Government workers are paid by taxes).

He must cut government workers. If he do that he’ll cut government spending. Government workers are paid for through taxes by private sector workers. Government workers dosen’t earn money, they get money through the taxes private sector workers pay.
That way he’ll increase the tax revenue through cutting government spending(Government workers are paid by taxes).

What workers are on the chopping block? Agian, how is he going to replace lost tax revenue by now unemployed workers? You cannot increase revenue by laying people off.

Cutting debt is not increasing revenue.

From his economic PDF:
The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act
•
Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing the annual ederal budget by $20 billion
Believe In America: Mitt Romney's Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

20$ Billion when we are increasing the debt by 900$ billion a year. That is not cutting spending.

I want to know what his solution is to increasing the purchasing power of Americans. Everyone knows purchasing power is the fuel that runs the economic engine. What is his plan?

Government workers pay taxes too, and some respond to private businesses and homes with both alacrity and courage as private sector employees watch the danger from the sidelines, others patrol the seas and sky's to protect us from the Islamic Fascists (or whatever flavor of the day the neo cons serve to instill hate and fear in the populace); some protect our environment and others study disease and prepare for the next viral invasion; Some serve in embassy's around the world, helping American tourists, learning the language and culture needed to understand and reduce conflict; some staff the library of Congress, and keep the malls museums open and in good repair.

On the state and local level government employed taxpayers make sure our drinking water is safe, enforce the laws of the state and municipality, provide emergency medical attention to anyone in need; keep our parks and playgrounds open and in good repair; inspect the work of contractors who may or may not use safe practices, provide the average citizen an avenue to have grievances and disputes settled in a court of law; provide public transportaton and maintain our roads and highways in all seasons so that our freedom to travel is not impaired.

In addition to paying taxes, federal, state, local and special districts fees. government employees shop, buy goods and services from the private sector and thusly return the money which they EARN to their community.

Last edited:

What workers are on the chopping block? Agian, how is he going to replace lost tax revenue by now unemployed workers? You cannot increase revenue by laying people off.

Cutting debt is not increasing revenue.

From his economic PDF:
The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act
•
Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing the annual ederal budget by $20 billion
Believe In America: Mitt Romney's Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

20$ Billion when we are increasing the debt by 900$ billion a year. That is not cutting spending.

I want to know what his solution is to increasing the purchasing power of Americans. Everyone knows purchasing power is the fuel that runs the economic engine. What is his plan?
If he want to increase pruchasing power he must take back troops from overseas. US has 300.000 soldiers stationed overseas, taking back them will increase the purchasing power by letting them spend money on the home market and buy products.

He could for instance take back troops from Europe and Asia that will increase the purchasing power letting them spend money in US.

How does Mitt Romney plan to increase tax revenue without increasing taxes?

With the caveat that I have no idea what Romney plans, I would say, off the top of my head, the best way to increase tax revenue relative to GDP would be to:
1) Reduce burdensome regulations at the state and federal level
2) Overhaul the tax code to broaden the base and eliminate most loopholes
3) Reform SS and other entitlements (means testing, raising retirement age, welfare time limits, etc)
4) Reduce overall government spending with a path to a balanced budget and eventual debt reduction
5) Lower the Cap Gains rate significantly (stop double taxing!)
6) Eliminate the minimum wage
7) End the Fed's price controls on money (let markets set interest rates)
8) Overhaul our immigration system to encourage more entrepreneurs and students seeking higher education while discouraging those likely to become part of the recipient class
9) Phase out unnecessary military bases and actions overseas while increasing our presence in international waters to ensure a free flow of goods
10) Elect politicians that understand the best form of welfare is a paycheck

I think such changes would result in a strong, growing economy and higher revenues as a percent of GDP. I'm quite sure extending the time allow for unemployment benefits will have no such effect.

Forum List

Back