Mitt Romney on Immediate Increase of Purchasing Power

WatertheTree

Sep 9, 2011
In light of the recent complaints from crybaby corporate liberals on this board that there is just WAY to much Ron Paul chit chat going on, I thought that I would dedicate a few threads to Mitt Romneys platform, or lack of.

This thread is dedicated to Mitt Romney (the self proclaimed expert on the economy) plan to immediately, within year one, create a surge in consumer purchasing power. We all know this is the problem with the economy. What is his plan to immediately increase real economic activity? No quantitative easing. No more stimulus. No more games. Its time for real solutions. What is his?

From Mitt Romney's extensive PDF of complaints and failures of the Democrats we can see a bit of his plan:
An Order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices
Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency
manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department o Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports i China does not quickly move to foat its currency
Believe In America: Mitt Romney's Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President (Page 5)

His plan is to abandon free market principals and embrace protectionism.

Ya know I was going to go through that long document and display for the GOP partisan hacks that are waving the Romney flag, but I am not going to. It is all rubbish. All of it. His entire plan is to undo everything Obama has done and return us to the Bush 2nd term era. Dont believe me? Take a few minutes looking at his diatribe of blame and crying that he calls his economic plan. It is a joke.

I challenge Mitt Romney flag wavers to defend him in intelligent debate.

One of Mitt Romneys plans to increase purchasing power is to stop using union workers for government contracts. Instead of assuring that tax dollars go to projects where people are paid well and 'trickle down' is guarentee'd he wants to use non union workers.
An Order to Empower American Businesses and Workers
•ReversestheexecutiveordersissuedbyPresidentObamathattiltthe
playing eld in avor o organized labor, including the one encouraging the use o union labor on major government construction projects

(Same link, same page)

From Mitt Romney's extensive PDF of complaints and failures of the Democrats we can see a bit of his plan:
An Order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices
Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency
manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department o Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports i China does not quickly move to foat its currency
Believe In America: Mitt Romney's Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President (Page 5)

His plan is to abandon free market principals and embrace protectionism.

Ya know I was going to go through that long document and display for the GOP partisan hacks that are waving the Romney flag, but I am not going to. It is all rubbish. All of it. His entire plan is to undo everything Obama has done and return us to the Bush 2nd term era. Dont believe me? Take a few minutes looking at his diatribe of blame and crying that he calls his economic plan. It is a joke.

I challenge Mitt Romney flag wavers to defend him in intelligent debate.

I'm no Romney flag waver, but enforcing the language of a free trade agreement isn't protectionism.

Unfortunately for Romney, this idea will do little to nothing to help get the middle class spending again. It's just a distraction issue at this point. An issue to be dealt with for sure, but not until other more important issues are dealt with.

One of Mitt Romneys plans to increase purchasing power is to stop using union workers for government contracts. Instead of assuring that tax dollars go to projects where people are paid well and 'trickle down' is guarentee'd he wants to use non union workers.
playing eld in avor o organized labor, including the one encouraging the use o union labor on major government construction projects

(Same link, same page)

Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are exactly the same in this respect, both are demagogues. A demagogue is " a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people."

Rational people, thinking people listen to each of them (and the others who chase the nomination) and filter out the emotion. What's left is nothing. Neither Paul or Romney have offered a substantive plan to govern. In Paul's case, he won't govern, and even if he tried, ideology rarely trumps pragmatism, when it does it is catastrophic.

Supply and demand of money is what affects purchasing power. Promises of taking on the buzz word issues, like unions, means nothing.

There's no way to increase the purchasing power without reducing the money creation itself. Not only will Romney not be presiding over that, he couldn't make it happen anyway. He'd first need to appoint a new Fed chairman, which couldn't even happen until Bernanke's term ends in 2014.

(Same link, same page)

I like Romney more and more.
Davis-Bacon has killed more jobs than Bain Capital ever thought of.
If you support DB, you're even stupider than I thought.

Forum List

Back