Mitt Romney: 'I Will Not Cut The Military Budget'

That's a neat trick.

Cut taxes and spend more military.

Now why the heck is that so damned familiar?

Got a beef with the Bush tax cuts?

" Tax revenues peaked during the last year of the Clinton Presidency at $2.026 trillion.... the next four years of the Bush Presidency after the 2003 reduction in tax rates saw a 44% increase in Federal tax revenues from $1.782 trillion to $2.568 trillion. That’s correct – a 44% increase in revenues after the so-called “tax break for the wealthy.”
After Bush Tax Cuts, Payments By Wealthy Actually Increased - Forbes

Sure was lucky for Clinton that Reagan finished the 'Evil Empire,' so he had a 'peace dividend,' huh?

Was that before or after Reagan betrayed his country and broke the law by selling arms to Iran?

:confused:

You can't be that ignorant....can you?

1. Do you know there were hearings..a joint House-Senate committee investigation of the Iran-Contra affair
Who was convicted?
Names?

2. What was the public's view of the Liberal attempt to convict Reagan?

For your edification:

a. "The outcome of the constitutional struggle over the Iran-Contra matter would be decided in that exact way: by public judgment of the political clash in Washington. The joint House-Senate committee investigation of the Iran-Contra affair—an investigation Democrats likened to Watergate and hoped would end with Reagan’s impeachment—took a turn President Reagan’s critics had not expected when Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North appeared and delivered a devastatingly effective attack on liberals in Congress for their irresponsible meddling in foreign policy.

Public opinion decisively shifted in Reagan’s favor, and the liberal dream of driving another Republican president from office died quickly. In other words, the people judged, just as Locke said they should, and judged that Reagan had acted properly, if not necessarily wisely.
The Unsolvable Problem of Executive Power | Power Line

See....now you've got to go have your mouth washed out with soap....

" Tax revenues peaked during the last year of the Clinton Presidency at $2.026 trillion.... the next four years of the Bush Presidency after the 2003 reduction in tax rates saw a 44% increase in Federal tax revenues from $1.782 trillion to $2.568 trillion. That’s correct – a 44% increase in revenues after the so-called “tax break for the wealthy.”

Sure was lucky for Clinton that Reagan finished the 'Evil Empire,' so he had a 'peace dividend,' huh?

Was that before or after Reagan betrayed his country and broke the law by selling arms to Iran?

So you agree with me that Iran needs to be stopped from attaining a nuke?

We probably agree that Iran shouldn't have a nuke.

It's the "stopping" part that we part ways.

You can't be that ignorant....can you?

1. Do you know there were hearings..a joint House-Senate committee investigation of the Iran-Contra affair
Who was convicted?
Names?

2. What was the public's view of the Liberal attempt to convict Reagan?

For your edification:

a. "The outcome of the constitutional struggle over the Iran-Contra matter would be decided in that exact way: by public judgment of the political clash in Washington. The joint House-Senate committee investigation of the Iran-Contra affair—an investigation Democrats likened to Watergate and hoped would end with Reagan’s impeachment—took a turn President Reagan’s critics had not expected when Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North appeared and delivered a devastatingly effective attack on liberals in Congress for their irresponsible meddling in foreign policy.

Public opinion decisively shifted in Reagan’s favor, and the liberal dream of driving another Republican president from office died quickly. In other words, the people judged, just as Locke said they should, and judged that Reagan had acted properly, if not necessarily wisely.
The Unsolvable Problem of Executive Power | Power Line

See....now you've got to go have your mouth washed out with soap....

Public opinion is what saved Reagan from getting the boot.

But he did break the law.

And he did betray his country.

Romney, a Republican isn't going to cut the defense budget? Is anyone surprised by this?

That is exactly why this should not be framed in Democrat-Republican terms....but, rather, in Liberal-Conservative.

And the Republican establishment is hardly in support of conservative Tea Party fiscal values...

Even with the astounding Tea Party victories in the 2010 midterm elections, this was the lead sentence in many establishment outlets: “While losses by Tea Party-backed candidates may have helped cost Republicans control of the U.S. Senate,…” Tea Party Wins House for Republicans, Wants Rewards in Congress - Bloomberg

So you agree with me that Iran needs to be stopped from attaining a nuke?

How would you stop them?

Me?

I'd give them a choice.

If they opened themselves up for inspections as well as agreeing to putting an end to the secret programs, I'd guarantee that no military action would be taken against their country and we'd normalize trade with them.

If they decided to develop a nuke..I'd welcome in the the club of nations with nukes. With a caveat.

If any place..anywhere around the world were the victim of terrorism as a result of nuclear byproducts..they'd loose Tehran 10 minutes after that happened.

That's a neat trick.

Why did you skip 2001 - 2003? Oh right, because revenue DROPPED all three years. Something that has never happened in the history of our country.

It took Bush 5 years to get back to the levels Clinton had.

Did you hear a rumor about an attack on the United States in 2001?

You should get out more....

That's a neat trick.

Reagan didn't sell any arms to Iran, Israel did.

How would you stop them?

Me?

I'd give them a choice.

If they opened themselves up for inspections as well as agreeing to putting an end to the secret programs, I'd guarantee that no military action would be taken against their country and we'd normalize trade with them.

If they decided to develop a nuke..I'd welcome in the the club of nations with nukes. With a caveat.

If any place..anywhere around the world were the victim of terrorism as a result of nuclear byproducts..they'd loose Tehran 10 minutes after that happened.

So in other words you'd keep the same policy. I think Israel is going to take care of them before they get that far.

This should give all you wingnuts the warm fuzzies...

Romney Says He Wouldn't Need Approval of Congress to Attack Iran

Obama didn't get congressional approval to attack Libya. Did you know that?

Duh, yeah I know that. He didn't need approval for a short air attack. Iran would be much more dangerous.

So Romney needs congressional approval because Iran would much more dangerous. LOL. That's priceless.

Forum List

Back