MIT's global warming prediction

Still not seeing a Theory from your side, Chris.

What is it?

Frank it's been posted many times, but you continue to pretend it doesn't exist.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat. This was proven experimentally in 1859.

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

We will add another 1,000 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere in the next 100 years.

MIT's model shows that this will increase the earth's temperature 3-7 degrees by 2100.

Speaking of oil shills looky here the co author of your article Dr. Prinn once worked for a power company.

Sucker!

Employment History
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Tokyo Electric Power Company
Tokyo Electric Power Company
Center for Global Change Science

You have already admitted that you used to work for an oil company, so don't try to deny it.

Frank it's been posted many times, but you continue to pretend it doesn't exist.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat. This was proven experimentally in 1859.

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

We will add another 1,000 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere in the next 100 years.

MIT's model shows that this will increase the earth's temperature 3-7 degrees by 2100.

Can you express the "1,000 billion tons of CO2" as a percentage increase in CO2?

Does CO2 cause the atmosphere to retain heat, Frank?

Chris, I have a point I will make. Why can't you do a simple math calculation?

So MIT thinks that we WILL see 5.2c of warming in 89 fucking years. I don't understand how .2c per decade that we're seeing=5.2c for 89 years. More like 1.8c maximum. I'd put good money on NOT seeing 3c warmer then today by 2100. If I'm alive maybe even a few grand.:eusa_drool:

We have melted 40% of the North Polar ice cap.

This will continue. When the Arctic heats up it releases methane which is 20 times stronger a greenhouse gas than CO2, so that is a strong feedback effect. Likewise open water absorbs much more heat than ice. These feedback effects will cause the earth to warm even more. We are already seeing the results.

Wrong again Tojo, the ice cap is rebounding from it's all time recorded (well at least since we've actually been looking at it) low in 2007. Three years from now it will be at an all time record high.

Why do you lie?

So MIT thinks that we WILL see 5.2c of warming in 89 fucking years. I don't understand how .2c per decade that we're seeing=5.2c for 89 years. More like 1.8c maximum. I'd put good money on NOT seeing 3c warmer then today by 2100. If I'm alive maybe even a few grand.:eusa_drool:

This will continue. When the Arctic heats up it releases methane which is 20 times stronger a greenhouse gas than CO2, so that is a strong feedback effect. Likewise open water absorbs much more heat than ice. These feedback effects will cause the earth to warm even more. We are already seeing the results.

We melted this too, Chris?

glacial_maximum_map2.jpg

No, that was mammoth & whale farts!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wrong again Tojo, the ice cap is rebounding from it's all time recorded (well at least since we've actually been looking at it) low in 2007. Three years from now it will be at an all time record high.

Why do you lie?

Why are you a moron? I don't need to lie fool. The ice is rebounding all over the planet. Glaciers are advancing on every continent and both hemispheres. Don't accuse people of lying because your narrative ends at 2007 and you can't read anything modern. Gosh what a complete loser you are.

What has also been posted is the level in increase in CO2 over the years and the temperature data. If there were a causal relation, there would be some correlation in the graphs. There have been jumps in the CO2 numbers that left the temperature numbers going down. For several years the C02 numbers were flat and temperature rose

CO2 is not the only greenhouse gas. it is one of many factors that trap heat.

I think it is important to point out we are not pro pollution, in favor of more C02 in the atmosphere, or in favor of oceans rising. Most of us acknowledge that human activity has an affect on the environment. Our disagreement here is that the global warming hysterics are proposing remedies that don't address the problem, but are more about wealth re distribution, don't use honest numbers, don't use the numbers they do have honestly, are more about religious hysteria than science and are not really predictive.

N_stddev_timeseries.png

Answer the question, Frank.

Does CO2 cause the atmosphere to retain heat?

No, it doesn't. There is no empirical data to support that theory. Instead water vapour retains the heat we get from the sun otherwise when it was nightime we would get as cold as the moon. But that would be science, something you know nothing about.

Since the poloar ice caps hold so much ice, we should have seen Florida totally under water by now if the Warmest hysterics were correct. Florida is not under water.

What has also been posted is the level in increase in CO2 over the years and the temperature data. If there were a causal relation, there would be some correlation in the graphs. There have been jumps in the CO2 numbers that left the temperature numbers going down. For several years the C02 numbers were flat and temperature rose

I think it is important to point out we are not pro pollution, in favor of more C02 in the atmosphere, or in favor of oceans rising. Most of us acknowledge that human activity has an affect on the environment. Our disagreement here is that the global warming hysterics are proposing remedies that don't address the problem, but are more about wealth re distribution, don't use honest numbers, don't use the numbers they do have honestly, are more about religious hysteria than science and are not really predictive.

4% of Americans control 96% of the wealth.

The wealth has already been redistributed.

But thanks for playing.

Since the poloar ice caps hold so much ice, we should have seen Florida totally under water by now if the Warmest hysterics were correct. Florida is not under water.

The North Polar ice is underwater, so it will have little effect.

It is the Greenland and Antarctica ice sheet which will raise sea levels.

I'm sure you already know that.

I agree with everything you posted except the desire for less CO2 in the atmosphere. I wish for there to be MORE CO2, it's great for the plants and will increase food production.
CO2 has zero effect on atmospheric temperatures and in fact is a beneificial gas. We need more of it, not less.

But thanks for playing.

How does that affect climate? how would changing that make temperatures go down? if we took away all of Bill Gates' cash, would that make the temperature go down 1 degree. How about the prince of wales guy. He owns the ground rent in half of west london. We redistribute his wealth, does that make the temperature go down?

But thanks for playing.

How does that affect climate? how would changing that make temperatures go down? if we took away all of Bill Gates' cash, would that make the temperature go down 1 degree. How about the prince of wales guy. He owns the ground rent in half of west london. We redistribute his wealth, does that make the temperature go down?

I didn't bring the subject up, you did.

Nice try at changing the subject.

By the way, does atmospheric CO2 cause the earth to retain heat?

But thanks for playing.

No, but it makes chris and the rest of his jealous cronies happy that someone has less then them. It is all about class and wealth envy. The warmists aren't smart enough to get rich the proper way so they have to steal it from everyone else.

According to Wiki, Earth atmosphere is 5 * 10^18 kg or about 5 *10 ^15 tons

First, you say we're adding "1,000 billion tons" as if that's some large number, when all it works out to is another 200PPM increase in CO2.

Is that finally your hypothesis? A 200PPM increase in CO2 will cause a 3-7 degree increase in temperature?

First, you say we're adding "1,000 billion tons" as if that's some large number, when all it works out to is another 200PPM increase in CO2.

Is that finally your hypothesis? A 200PPM increase in CO2 will cause a 3-7 degree increase in temperature?

Does atmospheric CO2 cause the earth to retain heat?

But thanks for playing.

No, but it makes chris and the rest of his jealous cronies happy that someone has less then them. It is all about class and wealth envy. The warmists aren't smart enough to get rich the proper way so they have to steal it from everyone else.

Personal attacks are pretty lame. But it's all you have.

So sad.

Does atmospheric CO2 cause the earth to retain heat?

Does it? Show us in a lab how this works, Chris.

Those are YOUR numbers

I'm calling bullshit on it, Warmers have the burden of proof

Forum List

Back