Missouri school district reinstates spanking as punishment: 'We've had people actually thank us'

Just read a school district in Missouri wants to bring back spanking if parents give the ok. Boy Republicans really do want to take the country back to 1950.

We need a return to consequences for sure. This "social emotional learning" and everything else is not practical and not cutting it.

HOWEVER.

No spanking. No corporal punishment.

i do think American parents spoil their children to the point they become such assholes that no one wants to deal with them anymore!
Yes, that is exactly the problem. We had "pops" in my junior high. I happily took them, rather than have them call my parent, which would have been much worse.

Bringing back pops is a horrible idea on many levels. I get the frustration with asshole kids, but another example of schools doing the parenting won't help. As another poster said, this won't fly well if a black kid gets pops. In the age of woke, schools may well include a rule that no kid whose skin is browner than a paper bag can get pops due to equity. Parents domestic terrorists will not be happy with that one. It won't play well in front of a jury when a kid gets injured, or when an adult sues claiming lifelong trauma from getting pops twice in the same week.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. We had "pops" in my junior high. I happily took them, rather than have them call my parent, which would have been much worse.

Bringing back pops is a horrible idea on many levels. I get the frustration with asshole kids, but another example of schools doing the parenting won't help. As another poster said, this won't fly well if a black kid gets pops. In the age of woke, schools may well include a rule that no kid whose skin is browner than a paper bag can get pops due to equity. Parents domestic terrorists will not be happy with that one. It won't play well in front of a jury when a kid gets injured, or when an adult sues claiming lifelong trauma from getting pops twice in the same week.

It's not even a punishment that makes sense. "Did you hit your sister? Here!" **parent hits child**

Punishments should fit the crime. If the student made more work for classmates/teacher, the student should have to give back time/effort to reduce workload. Etc.

Lefties think it's fine to administer life changing drugs to kids without parental permission and even so-called sex change operations but they cringe at the thought of paddling. How about a little freaking perspective?

I was spanked as a child, once. After that "the look" sufficed. Works well with our children also

Kids deal with lots of shit we never had to. And they are doing fine.Its the older generations that have fucked up the world.Maybe they should get the slipper ?
Due to the school shootings, I have to agree. Every form of abuse out there that has been done to kids is the reason why I don't approve of the spanking punishment. Like I said in my earlier message, if a children misbehave badly enough, there are so many privileges that can be taken away from them and for however long a guardian decides to make the kids go without them. :) :) :)

God bless you and the surviving kids who truly suffer always!!!

Holly

I had a few hidings in school. Preferred it to having my Mam called in.

Forum List

Back