Missile strike puts Ukraine grain deal in doubt

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
A landmark deal to resume Ukraine's grain exports is hanging in the balance after missiles hit the port of Odesa.

Ukraine's Infrastructure Minister, Oleksandr Kubrakov, said technical work to prepare for shipments was going ahead despite the apparent breach.

But President Volodymr Zelensky said the attack proved Russia would find ways not to implement the deal.

Under Friday's deal, Russia agreed not to target ports while grain shipments were in transit.

In a post to social media, the Ukrainian military's southern command centre said two Kalibr missiles had hit the port, while two more had been shot down by air defence systems.

However, it also said the strike, which has been widely condemned, caused no significant damage.

The Turkish government, which brokered the deal, said Russian officials had denied responsibility.

"In our contact with Russia, the Russians told us that they had absolutely nothing to do with this attack and that they were examining the issue very closely and in detail," said Defence Minister Hulusai Akar.

Once again we see that absolutely nothing Russia has said since the beginning of the invasion can be trusted and that's why this war can only end with the defeat of Russia in Ukraine.

Once again we see that absolutely nothing Russia has said since the beginning of the invasion can be trusted
It's a WAR, Dummy! God, grow out of the 3rd grade!

and that's why this war can only end with the defeat of Russia in Ukraine.
It could have ended 4 months ago with the simple surrendering of the two Russian districts in Ukraine going back to Russia! I wouldn't count on the 45th largest country on the planet already badly beaten, actually defeating the largest nation on the planet and one of three nuclear superpowers.

It could have ended 4 months ago with the simple surrendering of the two Russian districts in Ukraine going back to Russia! I wouldn't count on the 45th largest country on the planet already badly beaten, actually defeating the largest nation on the planet and one of three nuclear superpowers.
Once again, why are you so sure that giving the Donbas to Russia would have stopped this war? Did you read their demands to the US and NATO in December? Have you heard about their main demands about 'demilitarization' and 'denazification'?

Once again, why are you so sure that giving the Donbas to Russia would have stopped this war?
Because with the right man in there negotiating a settlement like Trump, he could have talked Putin into it, just like Trump got a handle over Kim Jong Un's firing missiles over Japan years back, but all we have is the Fossil in there now deluding himself what a "tough guy" he thinks he is jabbing Putin in the ribs with insults, illegal dangerous banking ploys and overt threats.

Because with the right man in there negotiating a settlement like Trump, he could have talked Putin into it, just like Trump got a handle over Kim Jong Un's firing missiles over Japan years back, but all we have is the Fossil in there now deluding himself what a "tough guy" he thinks he is jabbing Putin in the ribs with insults, illegal dangerous banking ploys and overt threats.
Okay, how Trump would handle this issue? There is no point to argue what would have happened 5 months ago. Let's imagine, he becomes the President now. What his steps would be to settle this?

Okay, how Trump would handle this issue? There is no point to argue what would have happened 5 months ago. Let's imagine, he becomes the President now. What his steps would be to settle this?

Ask Trump when he gets back in office. Or read his book how he did it with N. Korea and the Middle East. With Biddum and Hairy, Ukraine will still likely be at war in 25.

Ask Trump when he gets back in office. Or read his book how he did it with N. Korea and the Middle East. With Biddum and Hairy, Ukraine will still likely be at war in 25.
Why should I ask anyone? I asked about your opinion. Do you have your own opinion?

Why should I ask anyone? I asked about your opinion. Do you have your own opinion?

No, I have no opinion about how Trump will do things in the future but if I did, it would be worthless, so why waste the time?

But based on past actions, I can extrapolate that Trump will settle disputes between countries much as he did in office based on a lifetime of dealing with real life business and personnel problems.

That was the agreement Ukraine made with Russia in 2014, land for peace, and then Russia launched another invasion. No one with a functioning brain would believe another such deal now would do more than allow Russia to regroup for still another invasion.

As for the bombing of the port of Odessa today, just yesterday Russia agreed not to bomb the port so that grain could be exported from Ukraine, and the next day it broke the agreement. This is why the war can only end with the defeat of Russia in Ukraine. Were you not such a loyal supporter of Putin, you would be able to see that.

That’s what they said when Putin seized Crimea, and again when he seized South Ossetia from Georgia, then he tried for the entire Ukraine. Appeasement doesn’t work.

Top 5 hungriest countries in the world:

1. China
2. Spain
3. Turkey
4. Italy
5. Netherlands.

It is to these countries that the lion's share of "badly needed Ukrainian grain" went. The infographic was published on the official website of the UN.
F1dxSEFXsAAyMrl

Cultist spotted. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back