'Misfire' is a scathing look at nepotism, fraud and corruption in the NRA

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
"Wayne's salary jumped from $200,000 in the mid-1990s to $2.2 million in 2018. Of the more than six hundred nonprofit organizations tracked by CharityWatch, Wayne is the fifth-highest-paid nonprofit leader in the country. If you exclude healthcare nonprofits, Wayne is the second-highest paid. And that's without counting the perks the LaPierres afforded themselves along the way: from 2013 to 2017, he was reimbursed for $1.2 million in expenses, according to the NY AG."

LaPierre has a long history of spending inordinate amounts of money in ways he would later have to defend — but couldn't, Mak writes. When confronted about charges made with an American Express card in his name during a trip to Italy, he "claimed not to know whether he had been issued a card" and then blamed hackers.

Still has over 5 million members, even though half are over retirement age. For some reason, they won't clean house. It's like battered wife syndrome.

Here's a better alternative:

You can listen to the interview with the author:

Last edited:
What's a misfire is any anti-gunner thinking their attacks on the NRA have any effect or even relevance.

All I can say is, as a 35 year Life Member and 25 year Endowment Member of the NRA, you go girl!

Every moment they spend focused on the NRA allows the real organizations fighting for gun rights to continue on, under the radar of idiot anti-Constitution activists.

Thanks.... I'll go to Amazon and give it zero. You've been helpful.

Lapierre spent over $400,000 on suits at a Beverly Hills boutique.

He flies on a private jet.

He has the advertising agency pay for expensive trips abroad and then the advertising agency bills the NRA for it.

This is all on your membership dollars.

More thoughts from the author

1635864290438.png

1635864629993.png

I am sure if I dug further, I could find something about kid fucking...these Commie shitbags are all alike.

"Wayne's salary jumped from $200,000 in the mid-1990s to $2.2 million in 2018. Of the more than six hundred nonprofit organizations tracked by CharityWatch, Wayne is the fifth-highest-paid nonprofit leader in the country. If you exclude healthcare nonprofits, Wayne is the second-highest paid. And that's without counting the perks the LaPierres afforded themselves along the way: from 2013 to 2017, he was reimbursed for $1.2 million in expenses, according to the NY AG."

LaPierre has a long history of spending inordinate amounts of money in ways he would later have to defend — but couldn't, Mak writes. When confronted about charges made with an American Express card in his name during a trip to Italy, he "claimed not to know whether he had been issued a card" and then blamed hackers.

Still has over 5 million members, even though half are over retirement age. For some reason, they won't clean house. It's like battered wife syndrome.

Here's a better alternative:

You can listen to the interview with the author:

I believe the NRA is a great organization, and like it's stance on gun control, and other issues.

and when Wayne is booted from the organization, I'll start paying dues again.

He has the advertising agency pay for expensive trips abroad and then the advertising agency bills the NRA for it.

Your hard-earned money converted barry soetoro from a dog-eating muzzie faggot with $600 in the bank into a Magic Knee Grow worth $300 million. I'm sure he shows his appreciation when you scrape the bugs off his windshield at the carwash.

Further proof the politial effectiveness of NRA pisses the left off to no end.
They don't realize the NRA would have little to no effect if people didn't support their position.

Is ttis supposed to convive me to vote for Dermocrats?
Is this supposed to convince me I need to oppose the NRA's political agenda?

Because, really, all it does is motivate NRA members to force the organization to get its act together.
I'm sure the exactly the -opposite- of what the author wants.

Further proof the politial effectiveness of NRA pisses the left off to no end.
They don't realize the NRA would have little to no effect if people didn't support their position.

If Lapierre is mismanaging the NRA to the extent where he's buying $400K worth of suits from a Beverly Hills store and flying around in a private jet, think of what a responsible CEO of the NRA could do. And all that with your membership fees.

Why Lapierre's replacement could spend all that money on, I don't know, lobbying congress to prevent gun control?

If Lapierre is mismanaging the NRA to the extent where he's buying $400K worth of suits from a Beverly Hills store and flying around in a private jet, think of what a responsible CEO of the NRA could do. And all that with your membership fees.
Why Lapierre's replacement could spend all that money on, I don't know, lobbying congress to prevent gun control?
As I said:
Because, really, all it does is motivate NRA members to force the organization to get its act together.
I'm sure the exactly the -opposite- of what the author wants.

What's a misfire is any anti-gunner thinking their attacks on the NRA have any effect or even relevance.

All I can say is, as a 35 year Life Member and 25 year Endowment Member of the NRA, you go girl!

Every moment they spend focused on the NRA allows the real organizations fighting for gun rights to continue on, under the radar of idiot anti-Constitution activists.

Exactly…..the other orgs are winning in court

Exactly…..the other orgs are winning in court

I haven't given up on the NRA, it's still an important force especially for lobbying legislators. BUT . . . yeah, the other organizations have done the actual heavy lifting bringing the legal cases fighting unjust laws, and they have done it without drawing attention from the anti's. That's fine with me, let the NRA be the boogeyman under their bed that the lefties cry themselves to sleep about.

At this point I'm in a holding pattern with regard to the NRA. I only keep my NRA membership for voting privileges and I vote Save the Second's Board of Directors reform platform, to remove LaPierre and his cronies from the BOD.

So, no blinders here, I do consider LaPierre a crook, and have for over 20 years . . . I shifted my considerable financial contributions back then to other gun rights organizations, in particular the Firearms Policy Coalition and Second Amendment Foundation / Citizens Committee to Keep and Bear Arms and the Gun Owners of America. I also belong and donate to a bunch of state gun rights orgs like FOAC and sportsman's orgs like Unified Sportsmen of PA.

It feels better to spread the $$$$ around, but overall I'm saving money; I used to go the Friends of the NRA banquets a couple times a year and drop an easy grand on each.

You scared that they have that much money to play with, bro?...lol

The CEO of Planned Parenthood is $1.2 million a year. That's your tax dollars.

Forum List

Back