Millions on East Coast could be in Danger!

48d5130825ececff21e5d8e9e58cace9

Ocean City residents pass Seventh Street and Simpson Avenue in a search for higher ground on Monday morning at high tide in Ocean City as a massive coastal storm approached New Jersey.Credit Douglas Bergen
Photo Gallery: Storm on Monday in Ocean City - Ocean City, NJ Patch

some parts of Atlantic county are seeing 5 feet of water, according to Chris Christi press conference. States to get off barrier ilsands now, if you still can. All others stay off roads if at all possible. 35,000 without power per Chris Christi there.
They should have left yesterday.

Eyewitness News ‏@eyewitnessnyc
Report from Atlantic City: A section of the boardwalk, possibly 30 feet long, is floating down one local street. #Sandy #SandyABC7

Patricia Wilson ‏@brandcottage
Atlantic City's public safety director says most of the city under water #SandyABC7 #Sandy RT @marnielevy

https://twitter.com/search?q=#SandyABC7&src=hash

I am in Florida and everyone is freaking out over a storm up north and i just gotta laugh at them. No one makes this big of a deal when hurricanes are heading towards us or when ones are heading to Texas or NO's SMH.

We are used to hurricanes and know how to deal with them. You're a fool.

I hope that it is not as bad as it sounds like it is going to be. Be safe, everyone.
This isn't going to be one of those Florida roof-torn-off-the-house storms. It's gonna be a tree limbs down, electricity out, flooding and mudslide storm.

I'd almost rather have the first kind!

Port Authority to Close Holland Tunnel at 2:00 P.M
Garden State Parkway Closed From Exit 38 at Atlantic City Expressway to Southern Terminus in Cape May County - Motorists Should Anticipate Significant Closures on Turnpike and Parkway as Conditions Continue to Deteriorate
Christie Administration Activates Volunteer Emergency Response Hotline - Volunteers Asked to Call 1-800-JERSEY-7
Office of the Governor | Newsroom | Newsroom

Let is prey that for the Vast Majority of them it turns out to be no more than an inconvenience.

For the vast majority of New Yorkers the greatest danger will come from looters and roving gangs, not the storm.

What the hell is it with you, dumb ass? Do you hate all of your fellow Americans that much?

Not going to be looters or gangs out on the streets with this storm going on.
She's just a shit-stirrer. Ignore her. Better yet, do as I did and put her on your ignore list, then you don't have to see her ignorance.

Over the water, this storm gets energy from the heat of the water. But as it goes on land, where a normal hurricane would rapidly loose strength, this one will pick up power from the temperature differance between the warm water hurricane and the two cold land based storms. Absolutely the worst case scenerio in spades!
And what will happen when it hits Donald Trump's hot air? *

(*=Thanks to Bill Maher)

WTNT33 KNHC 291439
TCPAT3

BULLETIN
HURRICANE SANDY ADVISORY NUMBER 29
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL182012
1100 AM EDT MON OCT 29 2012

...SANDY FORECAST TO TURN NORTHWESTWARD SOON...
...EXPECTED TO BRING LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE AND COASTAL
HURRICANE WINDS PLUS HEAVY APPALACHIAN SNOWS...

SUMMARY OF 1100 AM EDT...1500 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...37.5N 71.5W
ABOUT 205 MI...330 KM SE OF ATLANTIC CITY NEW JERSEY
ABOUT 260 MI...415 KM SSE OF NEW YORK CITY
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...90 MPH...150 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNW OR 330 DEGREES AT 18 MPH...30 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...943 MB...27.85 INCHES

pleae note that pressure was recorded before the latest I posted above this. It is now lower.

Looks like you copy/pasted this from a website.

Link please.

Or, just stop tying in all caps.
Of course he copy/pasted it from a website - it's from the National Weather Service, and they are the ones typing in all caps.

I appreciate depotoo's efforts! :clap2:

I will ask once again for all to concentrate on the storm at hand. Period. Be respectful to those that are there or have loved ones threatened that are watching this thread. Show some common decency.
If you don't, it will be yourselves that will suffer in the end, by not being taken seriously about anything.

Forum List

Back