Millions Of Electric Car Batteries Retiring By 2030, Are We Ready To Deal With What Could Be Ticking Time Bombs?

Elon Musk and others have already sunk a chunk of change into lithium battery recycling centers. So has GM and GM also has begun building a battery plant in TN along side their old Saturn Plant.

So it's going to be around for a while....whether it works or not. But guess who gets stuck with the consequences?

None of your links back your claim that you’re and EE, unless you mean your an envious eunuch.

Hey faggot, what do you want, the diploma on my fucking wall? Go fuck yourself, asshole.

You can always tell who the pathetic schmucks are on this sad board by who tries to mock you when you reveal even the smallest detail about yourself that you accomplished even a minor, common success in life and aren't a total imbecile door greeter loser like them.

By addressing the problem in the OP, lithium fires and their prevention mesh with in-transit bread/potato baking. Rather than a 32 pound battery to run a microwave, 15 extra pounds relegated to the baking oven and its fire security seems reasonable weight addition to a delivery/baking vehicle.

1. Lithium battery enclosures on the vehicle link to internal combustion enclosures of the propane baking oven for protection against fires, the former may sport chemically advanced extinguishing tech.

2. The term "in-transit baking" does not have to mean baking while the vehicle is moving. An intelligent American trajectory might include planning the baking process and route to the customer for arrival time to the customer that coincides with a fully baked loaf of bread or potato.

3. Instant ignition now seen on propane stoves such as the Buddy will allow baking while parked along the route to the customer. The oven can be fired up or shut down on command.

5. In summer or on sunny days throughout the year, a solar baking oven mounted on the electric vehicle can be used safely even while in transit, which may be flanked by solar-recharge panels.

Tesla PU truck top model

1701469119028.png

Hey faggot, what do you want, the diploma on my fucking wall? Go fuck yourself, asshole.

You can always tell who the pathetic schmucks are on this sad board by who tries to mock you when you reveal even the smallest detail about yourself that you accomplished even a minor, common success in life and aren't a total imbecile door greeter loser like them.
You keep a diploma on your wall. Ha Ha, I’m not a braggart. Why make up shit about your qualifications from somewhere that’s totally against all the shit you stand for. You don’t get the irony ? But that’s only if you have a real diploma from Itsuckstobe U,

Li recycling should lower battery price.

Because of inherent design flaws of this basic trike (called a Chaise III), to do it again would mean starting from scratch and perhaps contracting out the axle/differential/cassette/crank assemblage. The plan is to evolve and refine a design with square aluminum tubing and tung-oiled, high-grade, pressure-treated plywood.

No one seems to know where the Chaise III came from, at first we thought it was the UK. This trike resembles the Hase Bikes "Kettwiesel," except for a 1000W electric motor on the front wheel (should be 750W according to Wisconsin regulations).

Kettwiesel

Kettwiesel Fairing and Poncho
Didn’t it come from the same labs that allowed the infestation of covid ? Between exploding batteries and covid, we’re doomed.

There aren't any waste products from petroleum.
We have uses for all of it. Every chemical in petroleum has a market and use. It's always sold and utilized somewhere by someone.
That’s totally wrong…
Refineries wastes pollute nearly 3/4 of a gallon of fresh water for every gallon of gasoline they produce. So, you have a use for polluted water ?
And you’re totally denying the pollutants given off when we burn all fossil fuels and….just allow the vapors of gasoline evaporate into the air. These are all toxic waste products in the manufacture and use of fossil fuels.

You have your wonderful diploma that means what ? What does EE mean ?

You keep a diploma on your wall. Ha Ha, I’m not a braggart.
I never said anything about any wall anywhere nor did I brag about anything by stating a simple fact of a line of work. You obviously are some kind of mental defective obviously very embarrassed by the fact that I shot a huge hole through your entire claim that EVs save money when they might be cheaper to recharge only after you pay 50% more for the car to begin with, a car with HUGE depreciation and a monster bill waiting for you every decade just to keep it on the road. Instead, why don't you factor all of that into telling us how many decades one needs to drive an EV before they just break EVEN (if they ever do) compared to what the cost would have been to just keep driving an ICE car.

Why make up shit about your qualifications from somewhere that’s totally against all the shit you stand for.
Why make up shit about people you know nothing about much less can prove, on a matter I've consistently maintained over the entire 7 years I've been here? If you are that far off or so full of bullshit on your claims that you need to try to deflect from it with baseless ad hominems about me, then no one here can obviously take a single claim or calculation of yours here about EVs as anything more than total bullshit all the way around, too.

You don’t get the irony ?
Yeah I get it--- as with every other creepy leftwing turd here, when you're not spewing crap out of every hole in your body, you are busy trying to put down others hoping to keep them too busy defending themselves to have time to expose you for the lying, juvenile jackass sack of shit your really are.

Didn’t it come from the same labs that allowed the infestation of covid ? Between exploding batteries and covid, we’re doomed.
Today we'll look around for more on lithium explosions that apparently need oxygen. What if they're kept in an O2-free compartment when charging or not charging.

Many are already doomed for the SARS2 story, media propaganda has now added Mycoplasma and when we link this to a Wuhan lab....USMB crickets. This is an example of the collective IQs that can lurk here.

So the question linking the OP: How best to extinguish/prevent a lithium fire?

That’s totally wrong…
Refineries wastes pollute nearly 3/4 of a gallon of fresh water for every gallon of gasoline they produce. So, you have a use for polluted water ?
And you’re totally denying the pollutants given off when we burn all fossil fuels and….just allow the vapors of gasoline evaporate into the air. These are all toxic waste products in the manufacture and use of fossil fuels.
Petroleum (make-store-burn) pollution seems a vast area to investigate.

This is a fairly comprehensive report from the National Accelerator Lab:

The article in post #334 states: 'When a dendrite grows out and reaches the intermediate layer, it will connect the metal layer and the anode such that a sudden voltage drop between them can be immediately detected.'

Robots working in an oxygen-free environment will immediately detect this in a precise battery, in a precise cell, and tend to it. Otherwise, the battery is sent into a chamber for transport to the vehicle waiting outside.

Li cells are modular to begin with. Musk puts almost 5,000 of them together to make a battery.

Today we'll look around for more on lithium explosions that apparently need oxygen. What if they're kept in an O2-free compartment when charging or not charging.

Many are already doomed for the SARS2 story, media propaganda has now added Mycoplasma and when we link this to a Wuhan lab....USMB crickets. This is an example of the collective IQs that can lurk here.

So the question linking the OP: How best to extinguish/prevent a lithium fire?
The same way we prevent lithium fires with batteries for our power tools, and all gasoline fires in general. Read the directions and follow them to the letter.

The same way we prevent lithium fires with batteries for our power tools, and all gasoline fires in general. Read the directions and follow them to the letter.
Li batteries can grow dendrites and these things can short them out. Robot vending should be able to isolate a faulty one from the others in a no-oxygen environment. The big EV industry left behind the modular concept when they placed single cells together. Sensors of the future should be able to instantly detect which one of Musk's Li cells is defective in a particular battery. We don't think the tech is in place to monitor each of Musk's 4800+ cells for instant diagnosis.

Ebike batteries in the OP can be charged and stored in a garage inside a fire- and explosion-proof container. Why not?

Li batteries can grow dendrites and these things can short them out. Robot vending should be able to isolate a faulty one from the others in a no-oxygen environment. The big EV industry left behind the modular concept when they placed single cells together. Sensors of the future should be able to instantly detect which one of Musk's Li cells is defective in a particular battery. We don't think the tech is in place to monitor each of Musk's 4800+ cells for instant diagnosis.

Ebike batteries in the OP can be charged and stored in a garage inside a fire- and explosion-proof container. Why not?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the voltage and external charger are more like a power tool in protocol than an auto battery. So unless all these anti EV people are also anti all lithium battery power tools and they refuse to have them around as well, it belongs in a discussion of power tool safety not EV s.

Forum List

Back