Military Brass Not Impressed by Trump

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Source: The Daily Beast
If Donald Trump expected to get a warm reception from a group of people he just dissed, he didn’t get it.

“I’ve met more generals than I’ve ever met in my life. I like them and they like me,” Trump told the crowd packed into the Baltimore Convention Center attending The National Guard Association of the United States’ annual conference.

It sure didn’t feel that way.

The audience, made up primarily of officers in the U.S. National Guard, was lukewarm at best. His applause lines drew a tepid response. A noticeable number of people in the audience declined to clap at all, such as when he bragged about his poll numbers.

The lackluster response may be in part due to Trump’s comments just last week, when he disparaged America’s generals, saying at a presidential forum that they have been “reduced to rubble” during President Obama’s administration. It was not a point he repeated before a convention hall filled with American military officers.

But the speech certainly did not have the boisterous feeling of a Trump campaign rally, where the audience frequently interrupts with chants of “Lock Her Up!” or other insults towards Trump’s opponent, Hillary Clinton. And his stilted comments, delivered from prepared remarks fed to him through his teleprompter, lacked the freewheeling atmospherics that Trump has made a hallmark of his events.

Read more: Military Brass Not Impressed by Trump

Trump insults our pows, our venterans and shits on our military. This bastard is a insult to our nation....I'd flip him off.

Source: The Daily Beast
If Donald Trump expected to get a warm reception from a group of people he just dissed, he didn’t get it.

“I’ve met more generals than I’ve ever met in my life. I like them and they like me,” Trump told the crowd packed into the Baltimore Convention Center attending The National Guard Association of the United States’ annual conference.

It sure didn’t feel that way.

The audience, made up primarily of officers in the U.S. National Guard, was lukewarm at best. His applause lines drew a tepid response. A noticeable number of people in the audience declined to clap at all, such as when he bragged about his poll numbers.

The lackluster response may be in part due to Trump’s comments just last week, when he disparaged America’s generals, saying at a presidential forum that they have been “reduced to rubble” during President Obama’s administration. It was not a point he repeated before a convention hall filled with American military officers.

But the speech certainly did not have the boisterous feeling of a Trump campaign rally, where the audience frequently interrupts with chants of “Lock Her Up!” or other insults towards Trump’s opponent, Hillary Clinton. And his stilted comments, delivered from prepared remarks fed to him through his teleprompter, lacked the freewheeling atmospherics that Trump has made a hallmark of his events.

Read more: Military Brass Not Impressed by Trump

Trump insults our pows, our venterans and shits on our military. This bastard is a insult to our nation....I'd flip him off.

I bet you was one of those pukes that ran to Canada to avoid the draft. A politician changes his remarks to fit the audience, STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES. Your desperation is just pathetic.

• Banned
The guys a joke

tumblr_nuulqoSFX71ry46hlo1_500.gif

Forum List

Back