Mike Pence's HIV Scandal Must Not Be Forgotten

The first thing to know about Mike Pence is that he hates abortion. I mean, really hates it. As in, a good gift for him would be a lapel pin that read, "Ask me how I feel about abortion." While many right-wing politicians have been screeching about defunding Planned Parenthood over the last year due to those hoax videos, Pence wanted to shut them down before it was cool. In 2011, Politico detailed Pence's "one-man crusade to deny all federal funding" to the organization. Reminder: Title X does not provide federal funding for abortions, and abortion makes up only three percent of the services that Planned Parenthood provides. PP's main function is STI and STD testing and treatment. Pence's response: "If Planned Parenthood wants to be involved in providing counseling services and HIV testing, they ought not be in the business of providing abortions."

In 2013, the only Planned Parenthood in Indiana's rural Scott County was forced to close due to lack of funding. The women of Scott County must now travel 50 miles to visit a gynecologist, according to the Chicago Tribune. The closure also left the county without an HIV testing center, and by June 2015, 150 of Austin, Indiana's 4,300 residents were infected with HIV. That's almost 3.5 percent of the population. For comparison, the overall HIV infection rate in the United States is less that 0.4 percent.

Austin's only physician, Dr. William Cooke, saw the epidemic coming a mile away. "We’ve been asking for help for a long time," he told MSNBC in 2015. "We identified long ago there was an undercurrent here that was very unhealthy."

Pence finally called the Centers for Disease Control to assist Cooke with the outbreak in March of that year. As of April 2016, 190 cases of HIV have been diagnosed in Austin, reported the Indy Star. The Scottsburg Planned Parenthood, which never performed abortions, remains permanently closed.

Pence really sounds like a religious psycho! And very dangerous for women!
You pro-choicers whine that abortions are a tiny part of PP's services, and yet you prioritize abortions as the most important thing. We know this because all PP has to do is stop performing abortions, and they could continue providing HIV screening, birth control, OB/GYN exams, and all the other things they do.

Clearly, abortions are more important to you than anything else PP does. They are the ONLY thing you care about. You'd rather a clinic be shut down than give up abortions.

Asshole.

Why do you hate women and want to deprive them of their legal right to abortions? Why do you hate the Constitution? You rabid anti-choicers are disgusting.

8fd722a763e7c16d0c7c011019508051.jpg

The first thing to know about Mike Pence is that he hates abortion. I mean, really hates it. As in, a good gift for him would be a lapel pin that read, "Ask me how I feel about abortion." While many right-wing politicians have been screeching about defunding Planned Parenthood over the last year due to those hoax videos, Pence wanted to shut them down before it was cool. In 2011, Politico detailed Pence's "one-man crusade to deny all federal funding" to the organization. Reminder: Title X does not provide federal funding for abortions, and abortion makes up only three percent of the services that Planned Parenthood provides. PP's main function is STI and STD testing and treatment. Pence's response: "If Planned Parenthood wants to be involved in providing counseling services and HIV testing, they ought not be in the business of providing abortions."

In 2013, the only Planned Parenthood in Indiana's rural Scott County was forced to close due to lack of funding. The women of Scott County must now travel 50 miles to visit a gynecologist, according to the Chicago Tribune. The closure also left the county without an HIV testing center, and by June 2015, 150 of Austin, Indiana's 4,300 residents were infected with HIV. That's almost 3.5 percent of the population. For comparison, the overall HIV infection rate in the United States is less that 0.4 percent.

Austin's only physician, Dr. William Cooke, saw the epidemic coming a mile away. "We’ve been asking for help for a long time," he told MSNBC in 2015. "We identified long ago there was an undercurrent here that was very unhealthy."

Pence finally called the Centers for Disease Control to assist Cooke with the outbreak in March of that year. As of April 2016, 190 cases of HIV have been diagnosed in Austin, reported the Indy Star. The Scottsburg Planned Parenthood, which never performed abortions, remains permanently closed.

You pro-choicers whine that abortions are a tiny part of PP's services, and yet you prioritize abortions as the most important thing. We know this because all PP has to do is stop performing abortions, and they could continue providing HIV screening, birth control, OB/GYN exams, and all the other things they do.

Clearly, abortions are more important to you than anything else PP does. They are the ONLY thing you care about. You'd rather a clinic be shut down than give up abortions.

Asshole.

Why do you hate women and want to deprive them of their legal right to abortions? Why do you hate the Constitution? You rabid anti-choicers are disgusting.

Walk me through it, how is Mr. Pence going to prevent American women from having abortions?

Is he REALLY that dangerous?

Shouldn't you then vote for someone who supports our right to bear arms?

/

Asshole.

Walk me through it, how is Mr. Pence going to prevent American women from having abortions?

/

Pence's history in Congress and as governor of Indiana clearly shows why he is dangerous to women's reproductive rights. Google it...

You poor dumb son of a bitch. You think the baby being killed is in the vagina?

That's where your masters want you to look. They want you to avert your eyes so you don't notice the baby you are trying to murder.

No one ever told pro-choicers how babies are made or where they grow. They think it's all about the vagina!

Incredible.

2wegzkn.jpg

I see the problem. You have a baby in your uterus. Let me suck its brains out and crush its head for you.

Asshole.

/

Pence's history in Congress and as governor of Indiana clearly shows why he is dangerous to women's reproductive rights. Google it...

A federal judge suspended Indiana's new abortion law from going into effect, upholding a woman's right to seek an abortion.

Remember , he is ONLY running for VP.

Trump is not a religious not.

Day before yesterday, you didn't even know who Mike Pence was, Shitting Bull...

And now, all of a sudden, his so-called 'sins' must not be forgotten?

Puh-leeeeze !!!
75_75.gif

Just another day in Loony LibTard Land...

Asshole.

/

A federal judge suspended Indiana's new abortion law from going into effect, upholding a woman's right to seek an abortion.

Funny. Mike Pence is an asshole - and has a history to prove it...

Asshole.

/

Funny. Mike Pence is an asshole - and has a history to prove it...

Gee, he sounds dangerous.

How do you feel about bearing arms for a lawful purpose then?

/

Last edited:
Religious nuts like Pence consider women as birthing pods. In other words - they are expendable.
You ahole...we look upon them as indispensable, irreplaceable in the creation process....continuing thru the life of the child they bear.

Then why don't you act lie it?

942570_532900033412347_1086241666_n.jpg
I said continuing thru the life of the child they bear.....same thing sister Joan said. You get six Katyushas.

Religious nuts like Pence consider women as birthing pods. In other words - they are expendable.
You ahole...we look upon them as indispensable, irreplaceable in the creation process....continuing thru the life of the child they bear.

I said continuing thru the life of the child they bear.....same thing sister Joan said. You get six Katyushas.

Seriously, you are too stupid to even be discussing this topic. Try to educate yourself so you won't look so stupid. There is soooo much more to it than the superficial way you rabid anti-choice NaziCons keep spewing. Get fucking educated!!!!! Here is some food for thought to get you started:

Seriously, you are too stupid to even be discussing this topic. Try to educate yourself so you won't look so stupid. There is soooo much more to it than the superficial way you rabid anti-choice NaziCons keep spewing. Get fucking educated!!!!! Here is some food for thought to get you started:
You talking about education is like Obama talking about leadership.

Forum List

Back