Mike Pence Praised Hillary Clinton During The Libya Intervention

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
This complicates things for Donald Trump.

Donald Trump’s vice presidential nominee, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), praisedHillary Clinton for her handling of the chaos in Libya during the early days of civil unrest there and encouraged the Obama administration to take aggressive action in the country.

The comments, which came during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing in March 2011, put Pence at odds with the man with whom he now shares a ticket. Though Trump initially called for the U.S. to help Libyan rebels oust the country’s long-ruling dictator, Muammar Gaddafi, he has since reversed course. During the campaign, he harshly criticized the invasion of Libya and the role that Clinton, as secretary of state, specifically played in it.

“Her invasion of Libya handed the country over to ISIS, the barbarians,” he said in a recent speech.

During the March 2011 hearing, Pence, then a congressman, offered Clinton pro forma niceties for her role during the Libya crisis. But he also went on to “encourage and urge the administration to stand with” the rebels, and called for “a coordinated international response, including a no-fly zone.” He added, emphatically, “Gaddafi must go.”

“I’m grateful to hear the secretary of state and the administration take that position unambiguously,” Pence said.

More: Mike Pence Praised Hillary Clinton During The Libya Intervention

Well, ain't that interesting. BTW, Pence started out as a Democrat - who voted for Carter over Reagan.

How does this complicate things for Donald trump? He was donating money to Clinton in the same period.

Btw benghazi happened afterwards

"The early days of civil unrest in Libya"? Where does the left come up with this stuff and why wouldn't they like Pence?

This is such a brilliant demonstration of how liberals (or some loyal party partisans on either side) can demonize someone so rabidly...then in an instance claim how much they like them when they find out the candidate actually agrees with them on an issue or supported an issue they like.

:p

This is such a brilliant demonstration of how liberals (or some loyal party partisans on either side) can demonize someone so rabidly...then in an instance claim how much they like them when they find out the candidate actually agrees with them on an issue or supported an issue they like.

I believe you misunderstood my earlier comment. I sorta like Pence...now...because of the extra baggage he brings to the Trump campaign. Damn, are you people really that dense?

5 Reasons A Mike Pence Vice Presidency Would Be Bad For Women

Wow... that's a really good reason for a democrat who doesn't want her crooked and corrupt ass to vote for Trump.

I believe you misunderstood my earlier comment. I sorta like Pence...now...because of the extra baggage he brings to the Trump campaign. Damn, are you people really that dense?

5 Reasons A Mike Pence Vice Presidency Would Be Bad For Women
So you believe supporting Hillary's failure in Libya is a negative...but is somehow a positive for Hillary. Interesting. :p

Forum List

Back