Mike Johnson: Problem Is the Human Heart, Not Guns

No need. It's well known that the AR15 is the weapon of choice for most mass shooters regardless of their political afiliation. It was designed to kill as many people as possible in the least amount of time as possible. That's why mass shooters of every persuasion use it.
Actually it isn't. Handguns of various calibers are the weapons of choice in most mass shootings.

I think you mean to say most mass shootings that end up on the news are ones in which AR 15s are used.

Actually it isn't. Handguns of various calibers are the weapons of choice in most mass shootings.

I think you mean to say most mass shootings that end up on the news are ones in which AR 15s are used.
No. You are free to attempt use of your own specialized definition of mass shooting that would give stronger support to your claims, but I, and most others will continue to rely on the generally accepted definition, and discount yours as a silly attempt at misdirection.

No. You are free to attempt use of your own specialized definition of mass shooting that would give stronger support to your claims, but I, and most others will continue to rely on the generally accepted definition, and discount yours as a silly attempt at misdirection.
And what is that "generally accepted" definition?

Your claim includes only 148 mass shooting incidents over more than 40 years.
You still haven't given me this "accepted definition" of yours

Mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are “actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter’s use of a firearm.” The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a “mass killing” as “3 or more killings in a single incident.”

It seems not even the FBI has a single "accepted definition".

How many do you think there have been?

You still haven't given me this "accepted definition" of yours

Mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are “actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter’s use of a firearm.” The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a “mass killing” as “3 or more killings in a single incident.”

It seems not even the FBI has a single "accepted definition".

How many do you think there have been?
Not all active shooters are mass shooters.

You fear of "the other" really isn't my problem. My father was an immigrant, my wife is an immigrant. Immigrants make America great.

And, no, Birthright Citizenship is just fine. We don't need to mess with the Constitution because you are an inbred bigot.

I didn’t say we should not have immigrants. I said they should be vetted and checked as the come into the country. You and the rest of your brethren seem to be just fine letting anybody and everybody just walk across our border.

Birthright citizenship is out-dated and impractical. Opposing ILLEGAL immigration doesn’t make me a bigot. If people from all over teh world started trying to illegally migrate to New Zealand, do you think there would be some opposition? Would all of those who opposed be considered bigots? To you, maybe, because your world revolces are racism, but to those of us with some common sense, not so much.

This is all under the premise that you are not a globalist. If so, fully I understand your position. PS: Your party is full of globalists…maybe you haven’t figured that out yet.

Actually, it says nothing of the sort, only to kill Jews in Palestine... which is wrong, but again, this is what you get when you radicalize a people.

Their position is untenable. They either compromise, which they have not been willing to do, or be destroyed. It is as simple as that. BTW, Trump had this going in the right direction and the Abraham Accords was very close tto being agreed to before your idiot in chief, just like a child, took over and decided to slow walk it(and reversen nearly everything else Trump did) because he couldn’t give Trump credit for anything.

If you guys put as much effort into appealing to minorities that you put into trying to suppress their vote, you might even legitimately win elections.

If you idiots didn’t bring in all the worlsd’s poor with the promise of freebees you would never win another election. You and your party want more power and are more than willing to relinguish our sovereignty in to obtain that goal. You are completely brainwashed and are unable to see simple truths and reality that any outsider of the US would see.

The Berlin wall was a small area. YOu want to wall off a continent.

Ah, so now the story changes. First it was that barriers only work for building and not open air. Now it is 100 miles of open air doesn’t really count as open air and that it wouldn’t work with more open air, like on our Southern border. You still aren’t very bright.

We have 70,000 gun injuries and 43,000 gun deaths a year, but only 200 "homeowners" who are ruled to have acted in "Self-defense" a year.

I would say a lot more training is needed

Look out, your brainwashing is showing again. The overwhelming majority of those deaths were not accidents, therefore training would be irrlevent. Again, just a completely ignorant comment by you.

I didn’t say we should not have immigrants. I said they should be vetted and checked as the come into the country. You and the rest of your brethren seem to be just fine letting anybody and everybody just walk across our border.

As I said, I am in the process of getting my wife converted from a work visa to a marriage Visa. The ridiculous amount of paperwork they are making us do for this - for someone who was ALREADY vetted when she came in - shows the problem. The Nativists have already made it ridiculously difficult for people to get in, but sneaking under a fence is still free.

If your side was serious about limiting illegal immigration, go after the people who hire them. But also create a streamlined system for bringing in guest workers.

Birthright citizenship is out-dated and impractical. Opposing ILLEGAL immigration doesn’t make me a bigot. If people from all over teh world started trying to illegally migrate to New Zealand, do you think there would be some opposition? Would all of those who opposed be considered bigots? To you, maybe, because your world revolces are racism, but to those of us with some common sense, not so much.

Again, I don't see you guys wanting to build a fence on the Canadian border. The reality is most undocumented immigrants get in here on legitimate visas they overstay. But you guys focus on the fence to keep the brown people out.

This is all under the premise that you are not a globalist. If so, fully I understand your position. PS: Your party is full of globalists…maybe you haven’t figured that out yet.

Globalism is reality, bud. The technology makes it inevitable. And frankly, that's a good thing. A Globalist World is a peaceful world. As long as China and America can make money off each other, they have no reason to go to war.

Their position is untenable. They either compromise, which they have not been willing to do, or be destroyed. It is as simple as that. BTW, Trump had this going in the right direction and the Abraham Accords was very close tto being agreed to before your idiot in chief, just like a child, took over and decided to slow walk it(and reversen nearly everything else Trump did) because he couldn’t give Trump credit for anything.

The Abraham Accords are BULLSHIT. The countries involved don't share a border with the Zionist Entity, and aren't democracies. The Camp David Accord was a meaningful peace deal, and the Islamists killed Sadat for signing it. The Oslo Accords were a meaningful peace Deal, and the Zionists murdered Rabin for signing it. The Abraham accords are a joke.

If you idiots didn’t bring in all the worlsd’s poor with the promise of freebees you would never win another election. You and your party want more power and are more than willing to relinguish our sovereignty in to obtain that goal. You are completely brainwashed and are unable to see simple truths and reality that any outsider of the US would see.

Again, my Dad was an immigrant. Despite that, he served in the US Army, was at Normandy and the Bulge, and suffered nightmares for the rest of his life. Many of the men I served with were those icky, icky Hispanics you want to keep out of the country.

There's always a bigot like you when immigrants come to this country, and you are best ignored.

Ah, so now the story changes. First it was that barriers only work for building and not open air. Now it is 100 miles of open air doesn’t really count as open air and that it wouldn’t work with more open air, like on our Southern border. You still aren’t very bright.

Quite the contrary, the Berlin Wall wasn't built to keep people out, it was built to keep people in, so it's not a good comparison at all. it was backed up by the Stasi, a secret police so pervasive that everyone was spying on their neighbors, who were spying on them.

Look out, your brainwashing is showing again. The overwhelming majority of those deaths were not accidents, therefore training would be irrlevent. Again, just a completely ignorant comment by you.
No, they weren't accidents.

They were someone who had no business owning a gun using it on an innocent person or themselves.

So here's a crazy idea. How about only allowing guns to be owned by people who have been vetted, trained, and insured?

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
No one said it was your fault, but being a loner is often a red flag for a mass shooter.

Bob, on the other had, belongs to a cult and the guy comes off as a hate crime looking for a place to happen.
So what?

Often isn't a reason to think ALL.

Most of the times a mass shooter is fucked up by his own family

So what?

Often isn't a reason to think ALL.

Most of the times a mass shooter is fucked up by his own family

Really? Most mass shooters I've studied usually had supportive families who were out of their depth in dealing with severe mental illness or pathologies.

What we need to do is make it easy to get mental health treatment and hard to get guns, instead of the other way around.

Really? Most mass shooters I've studied usually had supportive families who were out of their depth in dealing with severe mental illness or pathologies.

What we need to do is make it easy to get mental health treatment and hard to get guns, instead of the other way around.
Supportive families that raised a homicidal maniac.

Or happened to have one in their midst.

Mental illness is more often than not organically caused, not caused by environment.
He had to come from somewhere.

For all you know those
supportive" families were the problem and the kid was the result

Bob, on the other had, belongs to a cult and the guy comes off as a hate crime looking for a place to happen.

That's rich, coming from as openly hateful and evil a creature as yourself. You've not been the least bit shy about expressing your deep hatred of Mormons, Jews, and almost any other people of any religious faith.

I think the only reason you haven't committed any serious hate crime sis that you're too much of a fucking coward to do so. I do not think anyone here doubts that if you were capable of it, and thought you could get away with it, you would be happily burning down churches and synagogues left and right.

As I said, I am in the process of getting my wife converted from a work visa to a marriage Visa. The ridiculous amount of paperwork they are making us do for this - for someone who was ALREADY vetted when she came in - shows the problem. The Nativists have already made it ridiculously difficult for people to get in, but sneaking under a fence is still free.

If your side was serious about limiting illegal immigration, go after the people who hire them. But also create a streamlined system for bringing in guest workers.

Again, I don't see you guys wanting to build a fence on the Canadian border. The reality is most undocumented immigrants get in here on legitimate visas they overstay. But you guys focus on the fence to keep the brown people out.

Globalism is reality, bud. The technology makes it inevitable. And frankly, that's a good thing. A Globalist World is a peaceful world. As long as China and America can make money off each other, they have no reason to go to war.

The Abraham Accords are BULLSHIT. The countries involved don't share a border with the Zionist Entity, and aren't democracies. The Camp David Accord was a meaningful peace deal, and the Islamists killed Sadat for signing it. The Oslo Accords were a meaningful peace Deal, and the Zionists murdered Rabin for signing it. The Abraham accords are a joke.

Again, my Dad was an immigrant. Despite that, he served in the US Army, was at Normandy and the Bulge, and suffered nightmares for the rest of his life. Many of the men I served with were those icky, icky Hispanics you want to keep out of the country.

There's always a bigot like you when immigrants come to this country, and you are best ignored.

Quite the contrary, the Berlin Wall wasn't built to keep people out, it was built to keep people in, so it's not a good comparison at all. it was backed up by the Stasi, a secret police so pervasive that everyone was spying on their neighbors, who were spying on them.

No, they weren't accidents.

They were someone who had no business owning a gun using it on an innocent person or themselves.

So here's a crazy idea. How about only allowing guns to be owned by people who have been vetted, trained, and insured?

I don't really care to respond to all of your nonsense but I do have a simple question. What specifically makes you think I'm a bigot? It couldn't just be because I don't agree with you, could it? I'm interested to see how you mind works.

That's rich, coming from as openly hateful and evil a creature as yourself. You've not been the least bit shy about expressing your deep hatred of Mormons, Jews, and almost any other people of any religious faith.

Point out the silliness of religious beliefs in the 21st century, when we know how the universe actually works, is hardly hate.

Now, here's the thing. I have no problem with religious people whose belief in their imaginary sky friend makes them volunteer at charities and feed the poor. You'll never once here me complaining about that. (Other than to point out this is what the government SHOULD be doing.)

I have a huge problem with religious assholes who think their imaginary sky friend wants them to impose their beliefs on the rest of us. If you don't like abortion or gays, that's your prerogative, but leave everyone else alone.

I think the only reason you haven't committed any serious hate crime sis that you're too much of a fucking coward to do so. I do not think anyone here doubts that if you were capable of it, and thought you could get away with it, you would be happily burning down churches and synagogues left and right.

Naw, I just have fun mocking your silly beliefs... really, not much else is required.

"Joseph Smith was fucking teenage girls"

Sputter, sputter, "That's not true, he was just joining in a spiritual bonding with them!!!"

Forum List

Back