Midterm payback: How Democrats will torment Trump

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Turn about is fair play.

1531086756363.jpg

At the end of last week, one of Washington’s most battle-hardened and sought-after lawyers forecast an ominous future for the Trump administration. We thought the lawyer's analysis was worth reproducing in full as it echoes what we're hearing from other attorneys in close touch with Trump's White House.

The big picture: "The Pruitt situation should be a warning sign to the administration about what will happen if the Democrats take the House."

‘"Imagine a world where the constraints are gone and every agency is fair game. That is what may be coming and it will completely immobilize the Administration’s immigration agenda and deregulatory agenda. And the smart aides will leave quickly rather than subject themselves to potentially ruinous legal bills."
[…]
This second lawyer, who is familiar with the inner workings of the Trump White House, told us there is "no way" that this "disorganized and dysfunctional bunch" is adequately prepared for the inevitable legal and investigatory onslaught should Democrats win the House in November.’ ibid

Trump has only himself to blame.

Democrats will of course win control of neither the House nor Senate this November.

Trump and his sycophants will incorrectly infer the outcome of the mid-terms to be an ‘endorsement’ of his wrongheaded policies, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

The only way to end the Trump blight is by voting his failed ‘administration’ out of office in 2020.

Democrats will of course win control of neither the House nor Senate this November.

Trump and his sycophants will incorrectly infer the outcome of the mid-terms to be an ‘endorsement’ of his wrongheaded policies, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

The only way to end the Trump blight is by voting his failed ‘administration’ out of office in 2020.

I think they have a pretty good chance of winning the house. they are on track to pick up 7 GOP Seats with another 28 in the "Toss up column".

Meanwhile, the Republicans are likely to only pick up 1 Dem seat with another 4 seats in the "Toss up Column".

RealClearPolitics - 2018 Election Maps - Battle for the House 2018

The Senate is a much tougher hill to climb.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-9_5-34-40.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-9_5-34-40.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 40
Turn about is fair play.

1531086756363.jpg

At the end of last week, one of Washington’s most battle-hardened and sought-after lawyers forecast an ominous future for the Trump administration. We thought the lawyer's analysis was worth reproducing in full as it echoes what we're hearing from other attorneys in close touch with Trump's White House.

The big picture: "The Pruitt situation should be a warning sign to the administration about what will happen if the Democrats take the House."
I want you to listen carefully to me, my friend.....The democrats will not, I repeat will not have a huge marginal win this Nov, at best perhaps we'll pick a few seats but not enough....and I'm gonna tell you why and God I hope I'm wrong.....illegal immigration and ICE is gonna doom us this Nov. you mark my word. Turnout will be light and because we're not pushing for paper ballots, I see Russia once again making their move on us....keep in mind, if anybody is out to lose this Nov. its Putin having Trump in check, restrained, marginalized, something that will defeat his agenda. Democrats are not strong enough to take on Trump and his will to distort facts.

Everyone is so shocked that the Psychocrats have decided to hate harder.

Last edited:

I think they have a pretty good chance of winning the house. they are on track to pick up 7 GOP Seats with another 28 in the "Toss up column".

Meanwhile, the Republicans are likely to only pick up 1 Dem seat with another 4 seats in the "Toss up Column".

RealClearPolitics - 2018 Election Maps - Battle for the House 2018

The Senate is a much tougher hill to climb.
No one really knows. The last Presidential election should tell you that. All the pundits and pretty little maps they produce don't really mean anything.

Turn about is fair play.

1531086756363.jpg

Even in the world of snowflakes, that's one weak-ass link.

Turn about is fair play.

1531086756363.jpg

I want you to listen carefully to me, my friend.....The democrats will not, I repeat will not have a huge marginal win this Nov, at best perhaps we'll pick a few seats but not enough....and I'm gonna tell you why and God I hope I'm wrong.....illegal immigration and ICE is gonna doom us this Nov. you mark my word. Turnout will be light and because we're not pushing for paper ballots, I see Russia once again making their move on us....keep in mind, if anybody is out to lose this Nov. its Putin having Trump in check, restrained, marginalized, something that will defeat his agenda. Democrats are not strong enough to take on Trump and his will to distort facts.

I disagree. I still believe the Democrats will take the House. The freshmen that would give them the win will be moderates like Connor Lamb. Immigration issues hurt Republicans. I do believe the Supreme Court hurts Republicans. They are making no secret of their desire to overturn Roe vs Wade and suburban women will rebel against this. Also insurance rates for Obamacare will skyrocket weeks before the election. I also believe there are enough people who want to vote for the other party in a attempt to counterbalance Trump.

The Senate is wide open. Clearly Republicans are admitting they could lose the Senate when they sent out a memo urging federal judges to leave before the midterms. That clearly was aimed at Kennedy.

Forum List

Back