Microsoft & Security Advisories

Not really eltist. It's a bit like driving a car. You can report on the experience without having to know how it all works under the bonnet/hood/engine compartment access flap.

I use Linux, I can report on the experience, I do not have one clue about how it works. Someone with a deeper understanding of the mechanism is obviously more knowledgeable than me. That's not elitist.

It's elitist when you call the general consumer's attitude on how THEY feel about the product is wrong. Everyone has a right to their opinions on computers and products. KK doesn't feel that way. If you read the death threat thread, she feels like we all owe her something because she's a programmer and if we disagree with her then we are obviously insulting her.

Would you say I'm incorrect there?

Hey, I haven't had ONE problem thus far. And, to be honest, we both know how public reaction to win7 is going to keep your kind underground and hiding in your dark basements for another business year. We'll get service packs.... while you diddle with the next laughable distro du jour.

Meh ... you are neither a programmer or engineer ... your word on computers means zilch.

:rofl:

that sure is the stance i'd expect some anonymous nobody to take after reality done bitchslapped the taste outa her fanboy mouf.

:lol:

:clap2:

Not really eltist. It's a bit like driving a car. You can report on the experience without having to know how it all works under the bonnet/hood/engine compartment access flap.

I use Linux, I can report on the experience, I do not have one clue about how it works. Someone with a deeper understanding of the mechanism is obviously more knowledgeable than me. That's not elitist.

It's elitist when you call the general consumer's attitude on how THEY feel about the product is wrong. Everyone has a right to their opinions on computers and products. KK doesn't feel that way. If you read the death threat thread, she feels like we all owe her something because she's a programmer and if we disagree with her then we are obviously insulting her.

Yes everyone has the right to an opinion and for some that opinion might be seen as misguided. But should they feel inhibited from making a point lest they be considered elitist?

I don't get the impression KK believes anyone owes her anything. She happens to have more knowledge in this area than I do but I don't take offence or feel in any way a lesser person.

When disagreement becomes insult is a bit of a blurry area. As well all know the vagaries of text can render a quite reasonable comment as a studied insult. A bit of a pause and think and a deep breath can usually sort that out though.

Yes everyone has the right to an opinion and for some that opinion might be seen as misguided. But should they feel inhibited from making a point lest they be considered elitist?

I don't get the impression KK believes anyone owes her anything. She happens to have more knowledge in this area than I do but I don't take offence or feel in any way a lesser person.

When disagreement becomes insult is a bit of a blurry area. As well all know the vagaries of text can render a quite reasonable comment as a studied insult. A bit of a pause and think and a deep breath can usually sort that out though.

Saying they're wrong and trying to explain it nicely is one thing. Saying one's word/opinion means nothing is another.

I understand you haven't had a more personal interaction on this front yet Diuretic. This is typical behavior from the other thread. If you ever get bored and have the time, I suggest reading through it.

I would agree Diuretic, I just don't understand the massive MS hate by some. I have been using MS since I was like eleven. If a eleven year old can use MS without problems, then I fail to see how it's so evil. :lol:

You use what you are comfortable with and don't assume to know more, that's what makes you likable. ;) The fanbrats that I can't stand (like Shogut and Muttbert) are assuming to know more about the tech than they really do, that's what makes them ... well ... stupid.

:doubt: Nine year olds use Linux to.

What the fuck is this? A game of one upmanship? I don't care about your stories. You can doubt whatever the hell you like, I have no reason to lie. I could give two shits about your little crusade. I'm just merely saying that MS is not some evil corporation.

However, I, like several others I'm sure, are getting tired of coming into this subforum and having nearly almost every OS related thread turned into you pushing Linux more than a drug dealer pushes coke.

Last edited:
You use what you are comfortable with and don't assume to know more, that's what makes you likable. ;) The fanbrats that I can't stand (like Shogut and Muttbert) are assuming to know more about the tech than they really do, that's what makes them ... well ... stupid.

My point is proven.

You use what you are comfortable with and don't assume to know more, that's what makes you likable. ;)

Yet, when others use what they are comfortable with, such as myself, you attack their intelligence.

Meh ... you are neither a programmer or engineer ... your word on computers means zilch.

You are not a politician, and thus you should not be posting on this forum.

See how stupid that sounds?

When will you realize that your elitism makes you look like a spiteful bitch?

You use what you are comfortable with and don't assume to know more, that's what makes you likable. ;)

Yet, when others use what they are comfortable with, such as myself, you attack their intelligence.

You are not a politician, and thus you should not be posting on this forum.

See how stupid that sounds?

When will you realize that your elitism makes you look like a spiteful bitch?

No, you are a just an ass. ;)

Forum List

Back