Microsoft Pushes Back On Tax Proposals

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Annie, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ballmer Says Tax Would Move Microsoft Jobs Offshore (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

I guess Gates figures he'd like the $$$ going to those he figures he can help. It's not like he doesn't give enough away.

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    First, Bill turned control of the company to Steven a while ago, guess you didn't get the memo. Steven is an asshole, period, but this is one time I don't blame him. He's an asshole in other ways though and that's what's been causing the company to decline now. Bill was a genius in running a corporation, but he wanted to spend more time with his family and run the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which donates millions to local charities and along with Apple Computers is responsible for several low income housing projects. He hasn't been actively running MS since before XP, though he has done a few unveilings since, those were just for publicity.

The company is failing as it is anyway, and won't last long even after shipping jobs over seas, it was doomed since people started wanting more customer support from them. Steve Jobs however is filling the gap, and Linux with Gnome is starting to over take Windoze (slow but steadily) and this could be the final push sending enough users to Linux to break free of MS's contracts once and for all. The only thing that has kept the company alive has been the contracts Bill worked out anyway, once they find ways to legally break those, MS is history.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Got the memo, still sounds like when Panetta took off after Pelosi, wouldn't happen without Obama's knowledge. In any case, looks like Jobs is returning soon, Report: Steve Jobs Returning to Work This Month - PC World

4. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    I like Steve J., even though he's stuck up he gives the consumers what they want and need, just charges a little more for it thanks to government regulations making competition impossible. But meh, Apple is a decent company. It's Steven B. that I can't stand, he's clueless. Though I am a bit bias here since he also changed the hiring practices of MS, when Bill was actively running the company he hired people based on merit, since when he started there were no fancy schools, and I had an offer a long time ago but turned it down (doing a hobby for work ... I just didn't want to make what I love work) ... then when I finally decide I may as well get paid for it, Steven was running things and now he requires massive schooling ... a bit late to change the rules of the fricken game. So yeah, Steven B. is just an asshole, there are other reasons but that's my primary one. Jobs though, he's pretty cool, I just don't want to work for Apple, don't know enough about their computers or their OS right now. But if he keeps going the route he promised I will, Linux kernel for Mac OS ... hell yeah! I could do that. :lol:

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

How very patriotic of him.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,730

Is microsoft an unpatriotic democrat or republican corporation ???

7. Fraulein Hilda

Fraulein Hilda BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    This is a huge political issue right now, not just about Microsoft. Obama wants to double tax them. What do you expect they will do?

It's not about computers.

8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,986
    Ya they should get forced to pay more taxes so they can jack up the prices on us. Great plan indeed.

9. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Bill is a conservative Democrat, don't know which one Steven B is though, but someone rumored that he's a Republican.

10. Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs lol politics

Thanks Received:
    In front of my 12-core 2.93 GHz Mac Pro with 64 GB
    Ratings:
    +11
    It is an unimportant but often-publicized fact that Obama is a Mac user...perhaps he is purposely picking on Microsoft? :tongue: