Michelle Breaks Illinois Election Laws

I hear Michelle Obama once sampled a grape at the supermarket, one stinking grape. And she didn't pay for it. Let's release the hounds!

That's theft in case you didn't know.

And you're talking apples [or grapes in this case] while this thread is about oranges.

The punishment should fit the crime.

Last edited:
Why is it stupid to bar people from campaigning in a polling place?

It is not stupid to bar people from campaigning in public places, but she was not campaigning. She mentioned her husband and she mentioned that she supports his policies. That is not campaigning. That is being a loving spouse.

And like I said originally, everything she says these days is political. Perhaps, we should muzzle her before letting her enter a precinct?

Immie

Last edited:
I hear Michelle Obama once sampled a grape at the supermarket, one stinking grape. And she didn't pay for it. Let's release the hounds!

That's theft in case you didn't know.

And you're talking apples while this thread is about oranges.

The punishment should fit the crime.

And you are fruity... haha... puns.

The punishment should fit the crime. Have you ever snuck beer onto the beach?

"I don't think it would be much to imagine, the First Lady might support her husband's agenda," Gibbs smiled.

This thread pisses me off!

I have to say that for once I actually agree with Robert Gibbs.

Immie

"I don't think it would be much to imagine, the First Lady might support her husband's agenda," Gibbs smiled.

Immie

I hear what you're saying, I just disagree. It's another case of the law applying to us, but not to them. We get what they want, they tell us what they are going to do, they do differently and people are getting beyond angry.

I think that focusing on a simple crime like this is a minor thing to some. They can make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to hiring a maid and forgetting to sign a document properly but this is too random and trivial to discuss. Let's focus on the GOP and forget about the occasional law-breaking that the Dems do everyday.

Immie

I hear what you're saying, I just disagree. It's another case of the law applying to us, but not to them. We get what they want, they tell us what they are going to do, they do differently and people are getting beyond angry.

If she were taking some kind of an intimidating stance on something or taking names of people who disagree with her husband, I would have a problem with this. But... well, first off, this comes from Drudge, so trusting the report is one thing, but even if it were true, for her to say that she supports her husband's policies is not campaigning in my opinion.

If it is then just wearing a lapel pin stating that you are either a Democrat or a Republican would also be campaigning.

I'm fine with not wasting the prosecutor's time or budget on this case.

Immie

It is not stupid to bar people from campaigning in public places, but she was not campaigning. She mentioned her husband and she mentioned that she supports his policies. That is not campaigning. That is being a loving spouse.

And like I said originally, everything she says these days is political. Perhaps, we should muzzle her before letting her enter a precinct?

Immie

Horseshit. She was campaigning. It comes in various forms. Giving a speech, showing up at a church, going to your workplace, showing up on The View, whatever.

I think that focusing on a simple crime like this is a minor thing to some. They can make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to hiring a maid and forgetting to sign a document properly but this is too random and trivial to discuss. Let's focus on the GOP and forget about the occasional law-breaking that the Dems do everyday.

As if you have room to speak in this realm when it comes to one sided biases!

Immie

Immie

If she were taking some kind of an intimidating stance on something or taking names of people who disagree with her husband, I would have a problem with this. But... well, first off, this comes from Drudge, so trusting the report is one thing, but even if it were true, for her to say that she supports her husband's policies is not campaigning in my opinion.

If it is then just wearing a lapel pin stating that you are either a Democrat or a Republican would also be campaigning.

Immie

You would not be able to enter a polling area wearing a candidate's pin or party pin, at least where I've lived in IL. Seriously, it's enforced. Actually other than saying hello, there's little talk inside the polling place between voters.

If you don't think the first lady just showing up with her entourage is intimidating, guess again. That wasn't the time or place. I don't think she should be prosecuted, but do think the media should cover it, so there's not more of it with Emanuel coming back.

Immie

Horseshit. She was campaigning. It comes in various forms. Giving a speech, showing up at a church, going to your workplace, showing up on The View, whatever.
cry_me_a_river.jpg

Emanual has goons who pretend to be media. They rough up the real media who ask tough questions.

Now I ask you, if you think you can get away with campaigning at a polling place, don't you think you believe you can get away with anything?

Emanual has goons who pretend to be media. They rough up the real media who ask tough questions.

Now I ask you, if you think you can get away with campaigning at a polling place, don't you think you believe you can get away with anything?

I doubt that any party but Democrats can in IL. Then again, with this DOJ, the whole country is IL

Immie

You would not be able to enter a polling area wearing a candidate's pin or party pin, at least where I've lived in IL. Seriously, it's enforced. Actually other than saying hello, there's little talk inside the polling place between voters.

If you don't think the first lady just showing up with her entourage is intimidating, guess again. That wasn't the time or place. I don't think she should be prosecuted, but do think the media should cover it, so there's not more of it with Emanuel coming back.

Are you saying that she should have been forced to vote using an absentee ballot and she should not have been allowed in the precinct at all? She is a celebrity. Just walking into the precinct was a political statement. Perhaps she should have been arrested for that?

She let someone take pictures with her and she mentioned she supported her husband's policies! That is not campaigning and from what I read in the article she did not pass out any pamphlets as someone said in this discussion earlier.

Immie

Immie

Are you saying that she should have been forced to vote using an absentee ballot and she should not have been allowed in the precinct at all? She is a celebrity. Just walking into the precinct was a political statement. Perhaps she should have been arrested for that?

She let someone take pictures with her and she mentioned she supported her husband's policies! That is not campaigning and from what I read in the article she did not pass out any pamphlets as someone said in this discussion earlier.

Immie

It's campaigning. Nobody can stop her from voting, but it's illegal to buttonhole voters and talk about politics.

Forum List

Back