Michelle Breaks Illinois Election Laws

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
r2326963810.jpg

There is a huge headline on drudge stating that Michelle Obama was caught campaigning at a polling place in Chicago.

MICHELLE CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE?
Thu Oct 14 2010 16:19:25 ET

First lady Michelle Obama may have violated Illinois law today -- when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After she finished at the voting machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos with her.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," Campbell said.

According to the pool reporter at the scene, the conversation took place IN the voting center not far from the booths.

Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- states: "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place, within 100 feet of any polling place."

Developing...

DRUDGE: MICHELLE CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE?

Wonder if the DOJ is gonna drop this one too.

r2326963810.jpg

There is a huge headline on drudge stating that Michelle Obama was caught campaigning at a polling place in Chicago.

First lady Michelle Obama may have violated Illinois law today -- when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After she finished at the voting machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos with her.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," Campbell said.

According to the pool reporter at the scene, the conversation took place IN the voting center not far from the booths.

Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- states: "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place, within 100 feet of any polling place."

Developing...

Wowzers! An actual Chicago voter that didn't vote from the grave.

r2326963810.jpg

Developing...

Thank you for letting me know this.

Now...what am I supposed to do with it?

r2326963810.jpg

Developing...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmZAXezkhA[/ame]

r2326963810.jpg

Developing...

Chalk it up as further evidence that she is either ignorant of our laws, or lacks respect for them. If it is true of course.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense. At least not for any of us!

I know, but dude. if she had a history of this, I'd say bang her out...but.

If this story is true. I am not saying she should be charged or anything, But we damn sure can fault her for it.

yes, in the other thread on this someone posted that her father was a precinct captain, frankly I would expect that she should know this.

I know, but dude. if she had a history of this, I'd say bang her out...but.

If this story is true. I am not saying she should be charged or anything, But we damn sure can fault her for it.

yes, in the other thread on this someone posted that her father was a precinct captain, frankly I would expect that she should know this.

At the very least one of her Aids should have stopped her.

Forum List

Back