Micheal Schaivo Cleared To Remove Feeding Tube

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Feb 25, 2005.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    If he does, perhaps we could prosecute him for murder. Course the way the courts have been ruling i doubt that will do much.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Seems to me he is basically ordering the parents to the FL SC, then to the SCOUS.

4. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Oh, well that's OK. I mean, if the judge is no longer "comfortable" getting in the middle of the woman's husband killing her for a cool million, then by all means just let her croak. How people like these get on the bench, I have no idea.

5. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I wonder if the bottom-feeder will even have the balls to attend the funeral.

6. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    But leave it to the Vatican to screw it up.

"If Mr. Schiavo legally succeeded in provoking the death of his wife, this would not only be tragic in itself, but it would be a serious step toward legally approving euthanasia in the United States," Cardinal Renato Martino told Vatican Radio on Thursday.

This has nothing whatever to do with euthanasia. This is a woman who is being kept alive by medical intervention. The question is whether her family should be allowed to keep her alive or whether she should be allowed to die. My opinion is that in the absence of concrete proof of her wishes, the scales should be weighted in favor of keeping her alive so long as there is any reasonable cognitive function.

But Terry Schiavo's case raises another issue we will have to resolve. It is legal for a doctor to remove her feeding tube. If that happens, she will die. But she will die a slow and painful death from dehydration and starvation. Granted, she can be kept doped up to the point that she won't feel much, if anything. Does anyone see as idiotic, the premise that it is legal to allow a person to starve, but it is illegal to give that person a quick death with dignity by giving her a shot to stop her heart?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I am hoping that Florida Social Services can jump in and make a new case for themselves. State vs state. Would be interesting. As I have said a lot,I just can't fathom that starving a person is even considered!!! Social Services carries a lot of weight in some places,and I hope they can get the 60 day stay.

8. pennyville73

pennyville73 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    This is the exact reason why everyone should have all their wishes down on paper now. I know I have mine spelled out exactly and everyone knows what they are. I would never want to live like this woman, quality of life is much more important to me than quantity.

9. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

I agree quality is important,but this woman is only 41. When this happened,she was in her twenties. There was a good chance of rehabilitation,then,and she could possibly be rehibilitated now. Her husband has started another family,and I just can't see the stubborness on his part since he can give all responsibility for her to her parents. I do not believe it's because of HER wishes. Onm top of all that,starving someone. I do agree that we should have something written up-for sure!!

10. pennyville73

pennyville73 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have instructions that I am not to be given any life prolonging medical care IF it will only prolong my death. Meaning, that if I have no chance to get better, and only machines and feeding tubes are keeping me alive everything is to be removed, including feeding tubes. The only thing I will be given is pain medication.