Michael Schiavo (Who Lives In Florida) Endorses Democrat For Virginia Governor

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Michael Schiavo, who was at the center of a passionate national end-of-life debate over his brain-damaged wife, Terri, endorsed Democrat Tim Kaine for governor Wednesday.

Schiavo based his endorsement on responses from Kaine and Republican Jerry Kilgore during their Oct. 9 televised debate when asked if governors should intervene in disputes within families over discontinuing life support for a loved one.

'I have seen firsthand what can happen when a governor disagrees with a single citizen. In Florida, Gov. Jeb Bush abused the power of his office in an attempt to replace my personal family decisions with his own opinions and political grandstanding,' Schiavo wrote in a statement distributed by a Democratic consulting firm.

Conservatives vilified Schiavo for ordering the removal of the feeding tube that had sustained his wife for 15 years. In the resulting legal and ideological conflict, Congress, Jeb Bush and his brother, President Bush, all sought to have the tube reinserted. Terri Schiavo died March 31 after the tube was disconnected.

During the debate, Kilgore said he is 'not going to agree to the forced starvation of any individual if that individual hasn't had a say.' He said he would urge people to put their end-of-life wishes in medical directives.

'I don't think governors should use their PR grandstanding to intervene in these cases,' Kaine replied, adding that disputes should be settled in the privacy of courts.

Kilgore's campaign declined to comment; Kaine campaign spokesman Mo Elleithee was unaware of Schiavo's letter.

Schiavo, who lives in Florida, was not available for comment Wednesday, said Derek Newton, manager of the Miami-based November Group consulting firm that released the statement.

'Michael issued the statement because he is interested in getting more involved in the political process,' Newton said.

http://interestalert.com/story/site...iteia&Fid=DEMOCRAT&Type=News&Filter=Democrats

Eh, Michael Shiavo's trying to become a celebrity, but he'll always be a villian due to his complete lack of cooperation with his wife's family. I still think he's hiding something, like he abused her or something.

Anyway, next thing you know, he'll start doing product endorsement: Coma-Cola, so good, you'll like it even if you're in a persistant vegitative state.

I dont think i should ever meet Michael Schaivo. I think I would be arrested for assault if I ever did. The gall of that guy. The man is using the murder of his wife to get more fame and limelight. I hope the people in Virginia vote against the guy he is endorsing just because he is endorsing him.

And kinda hard to say Jeb tried to replace her family's decision when her family wanted to keep her alive. Michael has no room to speak since he is the one who got the government involved in the first place by trying to pull the tubes.

I dont think i should ever meet Michael Schaivo. I think I would be arrested for assault if I ever did. The gall of that guy. The man is using the murder of his wife to get more fame and limelight. I hope the people in Virginia vote against the guy he is endorsing just because he is endorsing him.

And kinda hard to say Jeb tried to replace her family's decision when her family wanted to keep her alive. Michael has no room to speak since he is the one who got the government involved in the first place by trying to pull the tubes.

Ditto. I'd be surprised that he even dares to get out in public as there are plenty of people who feel the same way. What a piece of moneygrubbing shite. Just makes me all that more sure about him not having had Terri's best interests at heart, just his interest in her settlement money.

Who the heck cares that he endorses anybody? Oh, I forgot. He fits right in with all the other death worshippers on the left. They'll probably have him running for something soon.

Tim Kaine obviously is another fallen Roman Catholic that has turned to the dark side.

Forum List

Back