Michael Schiavo contradicts himself in King Interview

Bonnie said:

http://www.therecoverygroup.org/discovery/exercise/exercisebulimia.html

I don't know what caused the fractures, but working with adolescent girls has made me aware of eating disorders. Excessive excercise tends to go hand in hand with bulimia. I had added the idea of bulimia because it had been noted in the news and the hospital found responsible for not recognizing it:

The most significant dangers of extreme exercise are overuse syndromes such as stress fractures, heart arrhythmias where metabolism has been altered, and amenorrhea.

Stress fractures are micro-fractures of the bone, typically in weight-bearing areas such as feet and lower legs. Stress fractures develop from repetitive, high-impact, weight-bearing aerobic activity. Eating disorder patients, because they often have bone loss from osteopenia or osteoporosis, are particularly susceptible to stress fractures. Often stress fractures do not show up on x-rays but require a bone scan or MRI. Stress fractures limit a woman's ability to exercise, lead to pain during exercise and long-term pain if not allowed to heal, and increase the risk of major bone fractures which may ultimately promote curvature of the spine. Treatment includes resting the extremity, use of assistive devices if it is painful to walk, and avoidance of the repetitive activity that caused the fracture. In eating disorder patients with malnutrition, treatment also includes calcium and vitamin D supplementation, weight restoration, and resumption of normal menstruation.

SmarterThanYou said:
fractures are just not 'tucked away' like a dirtly little secret. they get noticed by doctors and nurses who have a strange tendency to call law enforcement. My god, you people have given michael schiavo so much frickin power, jeb might need to watch his back, lest michael (the black wind) schiavo decides to make him vanish. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

If the woman can't speak, how can she tell anybody if she is in pain? You are again ignoring facts to support your delusions. You better take off *YOUR* tinfoil cap!

They were noticed, but only after her care was transferred from Michael. DOH!

freeandfun1 said:
LINK

Law Enforcement Officers Tell Bush to Open Criminal Investigation In Schiavo Case

His letter to Gov. Bush follows:

So where are the f'ing brave Bushes that think we need to err on the side of life?

:blowup:

He's a little late,but what that man has pulled off,one has to wonder if he would have/could have made a difference.

Kathianne said:
http://www.therecoverygroup.org/discovery/exercise/exercisebulimia.html

I don't know what caused the fractures, but working with adolescent girls has made me aware of eating disorders. Excessive excercise tends to go hand in hand with bulimia. I had added the idea of bulimia because it had been noted in the news and the hospital found responsible for not recognizing it:

If that is the case, why were these not reported and treated initially before her accident? Bullimia and Anexoria do cause a host of problems to the body such as vitamin depletion, anemia, weakened bones, missed periods etc, but they do take a while to manifest as full blown fractures as in the case of older women suffering from Osteoperocious, she was young and her bone density would have been sturdier than for spontaneous fractures to occur, there had to have been an event that made the fractures happen? Like a fall, or being manhandled.

krisy said:
Probably,or maybe he could have found some extortion to commit in there somewhere.

If he could give her temporary gang member status he could say that this was a vendetta against gang members, and therefore the downtrodden underclass, then using his great power of mysterious nonsense words he could get the FL Supreme Court to overturn its original ruling and protect the gang member.

no1tovote4 said:
If he could give her temporary gang member status he could say that this was a vendetta against gang members, and therefore the downtrodden underclass, then using his great power of mysterious nonsense words he could get the FL Supreme Court to overturn its original ruling and protect the gang member.

It just might work... :blsmile:

SmarterThanYou said:
theres alot of ridiculous talk about somebody trying to hide something by denying an autopsy. Do you think that when terri collapsed 15 years ago, that they didn't run every damn test known to medicine to figure out why? and in all of those tests, anything that was substantive to her condition would have glaringly stood out.

You are so wrong. Sad thing is if you would just step back and think, you'd realize it.

MyName said:
You are so wrong. Sad thing is if you would just step back and think, you'd realize it.
I've stepped back and thought. I've looked and read. I have seen no evidence that warrants a criminal prosecution. Please, if you or anyone else has that proof then please post it. I am of open mind but i'm NOT going to go along with the demonization of someone for the sole purpose of disliking something.

SmarterThanYou said:
I've stepped back and thought. I've looked and read. I have seen no evidence that warrants a criminal prosecution. Please, if you or anyone else has that proof then please post it. I am of open mind but i'm NOT going to go along with the demonization of someone for the sole purpose of disliking something.

Im not going to play the 'gimme proof; gimme a link' game with you.
Perhaps you have mistaken me for just another poster on this board and THAT my dear is where you are wrong.

I know you. I know what your issue is with all of this.
It would be quite refreshing if you would champion someone else other than M.S.

Demonization? Please. Here is where you lose all credibility....simply within your use of that word. Oh yes. Poor Michael Shiavo. Bless his misunderstood, demonized heart. The poor thing...he was so broken up over his wife's condition that he HAD to go find comfort in another woman's arms and pop out a couple of kids for good measure. Oh wait - now Im hitting on that morality issue and I forgot....not everyone has the same moral code. Because moral code can change from person to person....its not like certain things are just WRONG simply for the state of being wrong.

Makes me wonder....what happens if my lupus exacerbates again and this time it puts me DOWN big time? What if I end up wiht another brain anyeurism and Im not as lucky as I was before? I mean hell honey....if you are going to do everything you can to defend this guy, how do I know you wont follow his example?

scary stuff :(

SmarterThanYou said:

Maybe not----maybe some folks just need to feel that everythig has been done so that people on both sides can attain a feeling of closure. No harm in them trying

Forum List

Back