Michael Schiavo contradicts himself in King Interview

Terri Schiavo's best friend was interviewed on TV last night, and she said Terri was unhappy in her marriage and had made the decision to divorce Michael right before this so-called "heart attack" occurred. Michael is a very controlling person, according to Terri's friend, who even went so far as to check the mileage on Terri's car after she had been out. And if Terri wanted to use the car for something, Michael always saw to it that the car was not available for her to use. Terri's other friends didn't have anything positive to say about Michael either. So it's becoming clearer that Michael's motive in fighting Terri's family in this case is not that, as he claims, it is "what Terri wanted," but rather it is what Michael wants.

Adam's Apple said:
Terri Schiavo's best friend was interviewed on TV last night, and she said Terri was unhappy in her marriage and had made the decision to divorce Michael right before this so-called "heart attack" occurred. Michael is a very controlling person, according to Terri's friend, who even went so far as to check the mileage on Terri's car after she had been out. And if Terri wanted to use the car for something, Michael always saw to it that the car was not available for her to use. Terri's other friends didn't have anything positive to say about Michael either. So it's becoming clearer that Michael's motive in fighting Terri's family in this case is not that, as he claims, it is "what Terri wanted," but rather it is what Michael wants.

I saw that interview with three of Terri's friends and Greta Van Sustern. I noticed that Greta kept saying that she was being starved to death.

Hannity and Colmes also had a very goos show. They had Terri's family and a prominent neurologist who spent about ten hours with Terri,and said he flet she could be rehabilitated . He has done years of research in this area.Another thing I found interesting,was on Greta was her brother and sister saying that a year after her "incident",she came up with several broken bones.

Intersting possible scenarios---as a spouse, you're by law the person in charge should your spouse become incapacitated. All you have to do is HALF murder your spouse and the law will finish her/him off for ya.

I guess this presents my own take on why I think a mistake was made. I didn't really bother commenting on the baseball nonsense, other than to perhaps bother ITT, but Schiavo is a serious issue, that needed to be addressed:

http://www.techcentralstation.com/032205C.html

What Steroids and Schiavo Have in Common
By Ryan Sager Published 03/22/2005

In coming years, political historians might look back and try to pinpoint the day or week or month that the Republican Party shed the last vestiges of its small-government philosophy. If and when they do, the week just past should make the short list. For it was in this last week that the Republican-controlled Congress made it clear that it sees no area of American life -- none too trivial and none too intimate -- that the federal government should not permeate with its power.

It can all be summed up in two words: steroids and Schiavo.

If there is an issue less deserving of Congressional attention than whether a few overpaid, bat-wielding jocks might have injected themselves with substances to help them wield their bats better, then it has yet to be discovered by the House's Government Reform Committee, which held last week's hearings.

"More than just the reputation of baseball is at risk. Our primary focus remains the message that's being sent to ? children," Rep. Tom Davis (R-Va.), the committee's chairman, said last week -- though neither topic fits terribly neatly under the heading of any of Congress' enumerated powers.

Still, such concerns didn't deter supposed small-government conservative Sen. John McCain from suggesting that "we ought to seriously consider ? a law that says all professional sports have a minimum level of performance-enhancing drug testing."

When you're a lawmaker, apparently, every problem seems to cry out for a law.

But if Congress' dealings with the trivial are appalling, they are nothing compared to its exploitation of the tragic.

There, we have the sad case of Terri Schiavo, the Florida woman in a "permanent vegetative state" whose feeding tube had been removed at her husband's urging -- and based on a court's findings regarding her wishes on the matter only to have Congress and President Bush intervene ostensibly on her behalf.

Putting aside the tangled facts of the case for the moment -- which include some bitter family history and selective science on both sides -- the driving question here should be: Does Congress have a role?

And when it comes to a family dispute over a painful medical decision, one which at least 19 judges in six courts have already adjudicated, the answer must be a resounding "no."

The forums for matters such as the Schiavo case are state courts, upholding state laws. Conservatives, especially religious conservatives -- who want Roe v. Wade overturned and the issue of abortion moved back to state legislatures and courts -- should understand this better than any other group of Americans.

Conservatives, of course, recognize their hypocrisy. And they're offering up weak rationalizations, like this one from The Wall Street Journal in an editorial Monday: "We'd have more sympathy for this argument if the same liberals who are complaining about the possibility of the federal courts reviewing Mrs. Schiavo's case felt as strongly about restraining the federal judiciary when it comes to abortion, homosexuality, and other social issues they don't want to trust to local communities."

In other words: Our opponents are hypocrites, so we can be, too.

The Journal goes on to argue, rather implausibly, that the federal government has a legitimate role in the Schiavo case because she has been issued a "death sentence," warranting federal review. Alternately, the paper argues, Schiavo may have been deprived of her "due process" rights.

This is all nonsense.

The state is not ordering the killing of Terri Schiavo. Her husband is requesting she be allowed to die, based on her wishes. It is not up to Congress, or the American public, to decide whether they approve of Terri Schiavo's decision. And it is not up to the federal courts to second-guess the Florida courts, which have reviewed the case thoroughly, as to the facts of the case.

Furthermore, despite what some such as Peggy Noonan have argued, this will not be a political boon to the Republican Party. Not a few people -- especially boomers with aging parents -- are going to see themselves in this case, and they are going to picture Rep. Tom DeLay in the hospital room with them, standing between them and their loved ones.

But, of course, this means nothing to a national Republican Party increasingly impervious to the logic of its own prior positions.

I personally think the baseball issue isn't worthy of being in front of Congress. I do believe the Terri Schiavo case is though IMO. She is a case of life and death,where many people believe her rights are being ignored. I was listenig to the news yesterday and they were saying she must be able to swallow,otherwise she would have choked on her own saliva by now. So she is most definitely being starved to death,if they won't even let her eat on her own.

Judge Whittemore has denied the appeal, so I don't think there is much hope now of saving Terri's life. She has been without food and water since last Friday afternoon, so how much longer can she last? I just don't think there is time left to go through all the appeals process before she dies of starvation and dehydration.

krisy said:
I personally think the baseball issue isn't worthy of being in front of Congress. I do believe the Terri Schiavo case is though IMO. She is a case of life and death,where many people believe her rights are being ignored. I was listenig to the news yesterday and they were saying she must be able to swallow,otherwise she would have choked on her own saliva by now. So she is most definitely being starved to death,if they won't even let her eat on her own.

Krisy I agree that she is being starved. I am troubled by that and think the swallowing was something that should have been addressed by the courts, but that it probably was. We don't have all of the court documents, both sides are putting out what they want into the media. That really is why there is civil court.

If it was my sister, I woud want to keep feeding her too, that is why I think it is an important issue. But no state issue, should be rammed through Congress in a couple of days. In this case, I really believe it does not fall within federal jurisdiction.

Adam's Apple said:
Judge Whittemore has denied the appeal, so I don't think there is much hope now of saving Terri's life. She has been without food and water since last Friday afternoon, so how much longer can she last? I just don't think there is time left to go through all the appeals process before she dies of starvation and dehydration.

I am so frustrated with this. Her brother is on Glenn Beck right now,and this whole bullshit story about Micheal waiting 7 or 8 years to claim she said she wouldn't want to live like this is just insane!!! They are talking about going back to Jeb Bush. He also said Congress in is full power to treat her as a federal witness. It ain't over till it's over. It is the week of Easter-that keeps some hope there for me.

Adam's Apple said:

I saw that as well. Strikes me odd that she was thinking of leaving him then she has an accident. Pure conjecture I know, but it fits with controlling personalities.

NOT!

http://www.terrisfight.org/documents/CIyerAffidavit090203.htm

"...Throughout my time at Palm Gardens, Michael Schiavo was focused on Terri’s death. Michael would say “When is she going to die?,” “Has she died yet?” and “When is that bitch gonna die?” These statements were common knowledge at Palm Gardens, as he would make them casually in passing, without regard even for who he was talking to, as long as it was a staff member. Other statements which I recall him making include “Can’t you do anything to accelerate her death - won’t she ever die?”.....

The Schianvo Case: A Political Stunt By The Anti-Abortion Lobby

CounterPunch
March 22, 2005

Bush's Culture of Life: Let the Insurance Companies Pull the Plug When the Sick Cost Too Much
Feeding Frenzy Over a Feeding Tube

By JOHN FARLEY

The political circus surrounding Terri Schiavo is absolutely unbelievable. The recent actions of the House, Senate, and White House reek of hypocrisy. The facts of the case are simple: husband Michael Schiavo is Terri's legal guardian, the courts have held that Terri would not want the feeding tube, and he has asked for the feeding tube to removed. Not surprisingly, the courts have backed Michael Schiavo. The Schiavo case is a no-brainer. Literally.

While the Schiavo case is getting saturation coverage, very little attention if any is paid to the case of Sun Hudson, a 6-month-old infant with a fatal congenital condition. His mother wanted him kept alive as long as possible, but the hospital didn't want to pay for the continuing care. Just last week, the hospital overruled the penniless mother, removed his feeding tube, and he died. The hospital's action was perfectly legal, under the Texas Futile Care Law, which allows the termination of life if there is no hope of improvement, even if the family objects. The law was signed by George W. Bush when he was governor of Texas. It boosts the profits of the medical-industrial complex, allowing the for-profit health care providers to pull the plug if a biopsy of the patient's wallet proves negative.

The Schiavo case is threat to anybody who wants to die with dignity. I think of a spunky 85-year-old relative of mine who suffered a serious heart attack. The doctors wanted to take all sorts of extraordinary "heroic" measures to keep her alive, but she didn't. She finally prevailed and the doctors finally relented, but only after she called her lawyer and threatened to sue them. I'm going to prepare a living will, so that when my time comes, I can die with dignity instead of surviving as a vegetable or a laboratory collection of cut-up parts.

The Washington Post reported on Sunday that "In a memo distributed only to Republican senators, the Schiavo case was characterized as a great political issue that could pay dividends with Christian conservatives, whose support is essential in midterm elections such as those coming up in 2006." The Schiavo case is nothing but a political stunt by the anti-abortion lobby and Christian right-wingers: a feeding frenzy about a feeding tube.

http://www.counterpunch.org/farley03222005.html

March 10, 2005
Houston Chronicle

Right to Life backed law that irks wife
By RICK CASEY

Jannette Nikolouzos is angry with the Texas law that allows St. Luke's Hospital to unhook her husband from life support tomorrow. "I'm so ashamed of my state that it executes civilians without criminal history," she told reporter Todd Ackerman.

She may be surprised to learn that National Right to Life, the organization that is helping to lead the fight to keep a Florida hospital from removing life support for Terri Schiavo, helped write the Texas law.

Judge Tony Lindsay expressed "most sincere sadness and apologies," but said the law required Nikolouzos show a reasonable expectation of finding an alternative facility before Lindsay could order the hospital to continue treatment it did not feel was advisable.

It's the same law under which another judge denied Wanda Hudson's request to force Texas Children's Hospital to maintain Sun Hudson on life support. The law was passed in 1999 and amended two years ago. Acting as a negotiator for Houston-based Texas Right to Life, Burke Balch flew in from Washington "20 to 25 times" to sit at a table with represent-
atives of the Texas Hospital Association and other parties to negotiate the law and its amendment.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3079622

1. The parents said that Terri was going to LEAVE Michael and asked her not to go back to her house. It was the next day that she was found lying on the floor.

2. A nurse says that after Michael was in the room alone with Terri about 20 minutes Terri was sweating profusely, crying in pain and had needle marks on her body under her breast, her arms, her groin area. She found an empty container of insulin hidden in the trash. She checked Terri's sugar and found it very abnormal. She reported to the nursing director and to the police. She was later terminated. She stated that there were rehab orders for Terri but Michael would not allow it. She once put a washcloth in Terri's hand and he removed it saying no therapy allowed. She heard him exlaim in the break room "When is that b*tch going to die?"

3. A Nobel Prize winner in the medical field interviewed on TV said that he is certain that he could improve Terri's speech. He spent over 10 hours actually with her, his evaluation is that Terri is not PVS and he's seen worse patients that have been helped. Terri has been known to speak at various times using simple words to communicate: such as mommy, help me, hi.

4. Michael has denied any speech therapy, any rehap therapy of any kind to help Terri for a long time even though many say she could improve with therapy. A nurse stated that she once put a washcloth in Terri's hand and Michael stopped her, saying that was therapy.

5. Evidently Terri has suffered several broken bones.

6. Michael only pushed for Terri's so-called "wishes" years later, after he got his settlement.

7. Michael became a nurse in order to "take care of Terri". I'll bet.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE???!!!!! Why hasn't this dirtbag Michael Schiavo been arrested? What is wrong with the sick Floridian system? There is TESTIMONY on record regarding possible murder attempts that should certainly give Terri a reprieve from the sickening murder now in progress!

Do you have any documentation, or at least links, that prove any of the numerous claims made in your post? Thanks.

An incredible amount of hearsay and rumors are being spread on "talk radio" without the slightest bit of evidence being presented to back them up.

Tin-foil hats anyone?

ScreamingEagle said:
6. Michael only pushed for Terri's so-called "wishes" years later, after he got his settlement.

Six years after the settlement...the sneaky bastid!

Are you 100% certain that he didn't consider letting her body die until after he had spent 8 years watching therapy and treatment lead nowhere?

MissileMan said:
Six years after the settlement...the sneaky bastid!

Are you 100% certain that he didn't consider letting her body die until after he had spent 8 years watching therapy and treatment lead nowhere?

Right around the time he got a new girlfriend, eh? Convenient. Slimeball.

The so-called "right to life" Texas position in a nutshell.

If you're alive "pull the plug"!

If you're braindead, keep that feeding tube attached!

We do know from real life experience that some people have not only survived and done well after they had a feeding tube removed from their mouth. Rush Limbaugh for example. That helped him to lose weight!

Hope old motor mouth doesn't put it back in and stays drug free.

Forum List

Back