Michael Schiavo contradicts himself in King Interview

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by -Cp, Mar 21, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
  2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Wow!! You would think the media would be all over this! Then again,I'm not surprised, the media being what they are.

3. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Yeah I posted mention of that earlier.

And was accused of taking it out of context.....

Still waiting on a clarification of that accusation.

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Terri Schiavo's best friend was interviewed on TV last night, and she said Terri was unhappy in her marriage and had made the decision to divorce Michael right before this so-called "heart attack" occurred. Michael is a very controlling person, according to Terri's friend, who even went so far as to check the mileage on Terri's car after she had been out. And if Terri wanted to use the car for something, Michael always saw to it that the car was not available for her to use. Terri's other friends didn't have anything positive to say about Michael either. So it's becoming clearer that Michael's motive in fighting Terri's family in this case is not that, as he claims, it is "what Terri wanted," but rather it is what Michael wants.

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

I saw that interview with three of Terri's friends and Greta Van Sustern. I noticed that Greta kept saying that she was being starved to death.

Hannity and Colmes also had a very goos show. They had Terri's family and a prominent neurologist who spent about ten hours with Terri,and said he flet she could be rehabilitated . He has done years of research in this area.Another thing I found interesting,was on Greta was her brother and sister saying that a year after her "incident",she came up with several broken bones.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Intersting possible scenarios---as a spouse, you're by law the person in charge should your spouse become incapacitated. All you have to do is HALF murder your spouse and the law will finish her/him off for ya.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I guess this presents my own take on why I think a mistake was made. I didn't really bother commenting on the baseball nonsense, other than to perhaps bother ITT, but Schiavo is a serious issue, that needed to be addressed:

http://www.techcentralstation.com/032205C.html

8. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I personally think the baseball issue isn't worthy of being in front of Congress. I do believe the Terri Schiavo case is though IMO. She is a case of life and death,where many people believe her rights are being ignored. I was listenig to the news yesterday and they were saying she must be able to swallow,otherwise she would have choked on her own saliva by now. So she is most definitely being starved to death,if they won't even let her eat on her own.

9. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Judge Whittemore has denied the appeal, so I don't think there is much hope now of saving Terri's life. She has been without food and water since last Friday afternoon, so how much longer can she last? I just don't think there is time left to go through all the appeals process before she dies of starvation and dehydration.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Krisy I agree that she is being starved. I am troubled by that and think the swallowing was something that should have been addressed by the courts, but that it probably was. We don't have all of the court documents, both sides are putting out what they want into the media. That really is why there is civil court.

If it was my sister, I woud want to keep feeding her too, that is why I think it is an important issue. But no state issue, should be rammed through Congress in a couple of days. In this case, I really believe it does not fall within federal jurisdiction.