michael (moron) watch...

Just as long as mariner has someone that responds to this "he did nothing for 5 minutes" bullshit, he'll keep harping it. It makes him feel as if he's "onto something".

We all know that it's a null and void point. Just like 99.9% of everything that fatass, putrid, mother fucker, michael moron says. He's a fucking rotten chunk of shit, and he has his brainless zombie followers that lick up anything he pukes, even though he thinks they're "stupid" by his own words, they still listen to him and believe what he contrives. It's an incredible display of gullibility on the part of his followers. Simply incredible.

But, there may be hope. I heard scuttlebut today that the democrap party wants to start to distance themselves from the michael morons and alec baldwins. Seems they're actually smart enough to figure out that they're so far left that they relate to only a select few. Those like them, and the lunatic fringe left. Far as I'm concerned, they can keep right on doing like they've been doing, and kiss even more seats in the house and senate goodbye, and NEVER win another Presidential election.

Pale Rider said:
Just as long as mariner has someone that responds to this "he did nothing for 5 minutes" bullshit, he'll keep harping it. It makes him feel as if he's "onto something".

We all know that it's a null and void point. Just like 99.9% of everything that fatass, putrid, mother fucker, michael moron says. He's a fucking rotten chunk of shit, and he has his brainless zombie followers that lick up anything he pukes, even though he thinks they're "stupid" by his own words, they still listen to him and believe what he contrives. It's an incredible display of gullibility on the part of his followers. Simply incredible.

But, there may be hope. I heard scuttlebut today that the democrap party wants to start to distance themselves from the michael morons and alec baldwins. Seems they're actually smart enough to figure out that they're so far left that they relate to only a select few. Those like them, and the lunatic fringe left. Far as I'm concerned, they can keep right on doing like they've been doing, and kiss even more seats in the house and senate goodbye, and NEVER win another Presidential election.

Good point, but I would actually be willling to hear the side of a legit democratic party without the Michael Moore slant. Now I'm not saying I'd readily consider voting that way, but, Hey...At least it would be worth listening to what somone from that party would have to say without relying on a friggin hollywood director to sway their views with a friggin MOVIE!

Can't America be smarter than that???

GWBfan said:
Good point, but I would actually be willling to hear the side of a legit democratic party without the Michael Moore slant. Now I'm not saying I'd readily consider voting that way, but, Hey...At least it would be worth listening to what somone from that party would have to say without relying on a friggin hollywood director to sway their views with a friggin MOVIE!

In all actuality, the two main parties of America, Republicans and democrats, weren't THAT far apart, and in times of war, were ALWAYS united. It's just recently that the democrats have slipped down into this pit of lunacy, and embraced every wierdo on the planet.

Democrats didn't have to be ashamed to call themselves democrats years ago. Today, the term democrat means more and more that you're some kind of a whack job, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Mariner said:
it still strains belief. The Secret Service thought he was safer staying in a known location for 7 minutes? I'd rather he start conferring with the Joint Chiefs 7 minutes before he did, and on the move, where he would almost certainly be safer than remaining where he was.

Mariner.

I just looove how non military types and law enforcement wannabe's THINK they know how the system works. Tell me Mariner...How do you get it all done? You know, running the country with your vast experience, running military ops on the side , all the while making the camera NEVER lie!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That is like me telling my dentist how to do dental surgery! HAHAHAHAHAHA

GWBfan said:

Agreed-----wouldn't it be great to go to the voting booth and feel like you have several good candidates to choose from?

President Bush was told to wait while his transportation was being brought back around. The cars were not left in one place while waiting for security purposes. While waiting instead of removing himself from the room he continued to read the book. Even after he was done reading the book it took several minutes more for his transportation to be brought around. (This is the deer in the headlight time). During that time Communications were also being set up, and due to high volumes of calls they were relatively unreliable at best. Unfortunately our well-vaunted technology was a dud that day and the President had a terrible time communicating while traveling, mostly due to the high traffic on communication lines during that time.

President Bush was able to contact Cheney by cell phone, they kept that channel open and the President relayed orders through the open and dedicated channels at the VPs location.

There was nothing more that President Bush could do until he had the lines of communication that he needed to take charge of the situation and get a full understanding of what was happening. Under the circumstances President Bush handeled the situation in spectacular fashion, and with a grace that was astounding to a large portion of the population.

and I deal with emergencies all the time. If I got a call that there was an emergency with one of my patients while I was reading a book to children in an elementary school, and then got a note from a nurse that my transportation would be around in a few minutes, I would NOT continue to read. I would immediately get on the phone with the others involved in the crisis or emergency effort, to begin to apprise myself or what had happened, and to start to think about courses of action.

Assuming that the terrorists would not target Bush seems silly to me. Why not? He was just lucky that they didn't have a small plane headed from a Florida airstrip right at his elementary school. In retrospect it wasn't true, but if at the time I don't think you can say it was implausible.

As for "my man Kerry," he wasn't my man. I've lived in Massachusetts a total of 16 years but I'm not a strong Kerry supporter. I thought it was a giant tactical error for the Democrats to run another guy from Massachusetts. Like so many other people I simply considered him a far better alternative on the deficit, the environment, court appointments, the size of government (which has ballooned under never-veto-anything Bush and never-met-a-piece-of-pork-I -didn't-like Republicans in Congress), and a host of other issues. On Iraq, I think Bush will do fine, but I think Kerry would have done equally well.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
and I deal with emergencies all the time. If I got a call that there was an emergency with one of my patients while I was reading a book to children in an elementary school, and then got a note from a nurse that my transportation would be around in a few minutes, I would NOT continue to read. I would immediately get on the phone with the others involved in the crisis or emergency effort, to begin to apprise myself or what had happened, and to start to think about courses of action.

Mariner.

That was my whole point in my previous post. At that time they were attempting to open the regular channels that the President would use in such a crisis, but due to bandwidth usage by others they were unable to open those channels. While waiting for them to do their job the President first finished the book, then waited (this is the 7 minutes you are upset about). He was then able to establish an emergency connection by cell phone to one VP at a secure location. With that he was able to relay orders, but the normal channels of communication were simply not open to him (this is from the 9/11 report BTW).

Pacing would not have helped and until communications were established there was no reason to excuse oneself and make more than just the children worried. You can only control the things with which you have the communications to deal with.

Mariner said:
Assuming that the terrorists would not target Bush seems silly to me. Why not? He was just lucky that they didn't have a small plane headed from a Florida airstrip right at his elementary school. In retrospect it wasn't true, but if at the time I don't think you can say it was implausible.

Mariner.

The terrorists would have to have known before hand where the President would be at that very moment days in advance, they simply didn't have the intel to know that. It is reasonable to assume that the planning did not involve the school, but would involve AF1. The SS would then need to assess the dangers and work to get the President in touch with the correct people in order to deal with the crisis.

Mariner said:

As for "my man Kerry," he wasn't my man. I've lived in Massachusetts a total of 16 years but I'm not a strong Kerry supporter. I thought it was a giant tactical error for the Democrats to run another guy from Massachusetts. Like so many other people I simply considered him a far better alternative on the deficit, the environment, court appointments, the size of government (which has ballooned under never-veto-anything Bush and never-met-a-piece-of-pork-I -didn't-like Republicans in Congress), and a host of other issues. On Iraq, I think Bush will do fine, but I think Kerry would have done equally well.

Mariner.

:blah2:

Your job doesn't require everal secret servicemen, high security sweeps of any location you are at, and you don't have your own 767 that takes longer than 10 minutes to prepare for flight. Do you really think they kept the limos and security vehicles parked in the school parking lot like you would? Be realistic.

Your job would involve the emergency of one or two people. 9/11 involved the WHOLE COUNTRY. The event was scary enough for the kids that day. The last thing they needed was to remember the President jumping up and acting funny. Reading them the story was actually a great idea---keep things as normal as possible for them. My sister, who is almost 12, had nightmares for almost a month because her teacher decided to flip on the TV, and show the kids what was going on! (my mom ripped her a new one for that) The kids in the class Bush was in were even younger, and most likely would not have understood why he was upset. In a child's mind, if their teachers or parents are upset, that's one thing, but the President? To them, he's the one that is supposed to protect the whole country. If he's anxious or restless, then it must be bad!

I still love how people Monday morning quarterback President Bush's actions on the morning of 9/11. Like any of us has one damn clue about what it takes running a country especially since I have not even seen one person on this board announce their political positions.....

So until people have walked in Bush's shoes I would like to tell them to shut the fuck up.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back