Michael Moore's film opens in Iran...

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
And was met with some disapproval. Here is one quote from the "www.moorewatch.com" website...
When the Iranians tell you you're anti-American, it's time to admit it.

--------------------------------------

"The authorities obviously gave the film the green light for political reasons, in that anything against the United States must be good,” quipped one of the hundreds of mainly young people who flocked to Tuesday night’s opening screening.

The prize-winning documentary has been allowed out on release here to coincide with the third anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States—which kicked off a chain of events that has seen Iran surrounded by US troops and lumped into an “axis of evil”.

“They are showing this film to erase from our minds the idea that America is the great saviour,” said Hirad Harandian, another cinemagoer at the uptown Farhang cinema.

But she hastened to complain that “out of all the films people would love to see, the authorities had to go for this one—just because this film is in line with the view of the Islamic regime."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Moore was at the Republican Convention, I believe . And when the Reps critisized his movie, when they look at him to whistle him, he answered. I loved his answzer : he did a sign with his hand : the V. For Victory.

padisha emperor said:
Michael Moore was at the Republican Convention, I believe . And when the Reps critisized his movie, when they look at him to whistle him, he answered. I loved his answzer : he did a sign with his hand : the V. For Victory.
He did an L, for Loser. Kinda like my 13 and 14 year old sisters :slap:

padisha emperor said:
oh ! you confuse the L and the V...sad for you..

It iswhy you believe that US war in Iraq was good. you confuse also the Verity and the Lie .
Again the L and V problem for you......
What??? I'm confused? :wtf:

padisha emperor said:
me :

USApride

You mistake for L and V...Lie and Verity
HEY dish-----we bend over backwards to cut you some slack about your English but when you make fun of us for not understanding your French nuances it's starting to piss me off !!!!!!!!!!!!

What ?
what have I do ? an error ? I don't understand what you mean ? about this message, or about others ?

Do you mean that I always correct you when you speak in french, and it's irritating for you ?

or it is not that ?

Explain to me

padisha emperor said:
What ?
what have I do ? an error ? I don't understand what you mean ? about this message, or about others ?

Do you mean that I always correct you when you speak in french, and it's irritating for you ?

or it is not that ?

Explain to me
MM made the L sign AND the V sign at the convention----YOU are the one who is confused!

padisha emperor said:
V sign for him and liberals, L for GOP...

it means he did only the L.
so my answer was not wrong.
it does NOT mean he did only the L sign-------he is on tape doing both!!!!!!

padisha emperor said:
Did you say that for me ?
some prooves please......

I posted that for whoever wanted to read it, but if you would like some prooves, I'll show you one.

A quote from an Iranian: "They are showing this film to erase from our minds the idea that America is the great savior." This could be taken a couple of ways, but it seems to imply that the opinion of America may be changing with some of the younger people in Iran.

A quote from a Frog: After Romania and Bulgaria expressed their support of the United States, Jacques Chirac said they "missed a perfect opportunity to be quiet." Not only has Chirac not hidden his anti-American views, he gets pissy when everyone doesn't agree with him.

It that enough prooves or would you like more?

Forum List

Back