Another quake, this one in Kentucky...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/neic_nmar.html

2nd in a week.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11743&highlight=earthquake

Quakes or tremors? The center of the US does lie on a fault line.

Magnitude 3.7 EASTERN KENTUCKY
Friday, September 17, 2004 at 15:21:43 UTC
Preliminary Earthquake Report
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Magnitude 3.7
Date-Time Friday, September 17, 2004 at 15:21:43 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Friday, September 17, 2004 at 11:21:43 AM local time at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 36.93N 84.01W
Depth 1.2 kilometers
Region EASTERN KENTUCKY
Reference 45 km (25 miles) NW of Middlesboro, Kentucky
55 km (35 miles) ESE of Somerset, Kentucky
80 km (50 miles) WSW of Hazard, Kentucky
160 km (100 miles) SSE of FRANKFORT, Kentucky

Location Quality Error estimate not available, held by USGS NEIC to another agency's solution
Location Quality
Parameters not available
Source CERI
Remarks mbLg 3.7 (GS). Felt (V) at Gray; (IV) at Barbourville, Corbin, London and Rockholds; (III) at Manchester and Williamsburg.

call it a premonition if you will, but I see a very dramatic change in the course of the mississippi river sometime in the next 12 years. :tinfoil:

DKSuddeth said:
call it a premonition if you will, but I see a very dramatic change in the course of the mississippi river sometime in the next 12 years. :tinfoil:

The worst earthquake in recorded American History occurred in New Madrid, Missouri in 1812 and in fact, did change the course of the Missisippi River....

gop_jeff said:
3.7 is a pretty minor quake, all things considered.

Yes it is pretty minor. Thats what makes me thin kthat perhaps these are tremors of something bigger. 2 medium earthquakes in one week in the same area is unusual to me. But then again i dont follow it that closely.

New Topics

Forum List

Back