Michael Connelly Crime Fiction

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
I read quite a bit (60-70+ books a year), but I don't believe I've recommeded anything since some time in 2012. I'm about to break that shameful streak.

As an aside, I read a lot of differ things. Fiction and nonfiction, old books and new books, American authors, foreign authors, historical fiction, sci-fi, westerns, satire, serious stuff, comedies, blah blah blah.

Although I prefer reading, a few months ago I decided to give audiobooks another try, and mysteries/crime fiction seemed like it might be a pretty good fit with audio books. Besides, I hadn't read a good "whodunit" in a long time.

With that thought in mind, I started looking for something good. I listened to a few different authors and their books (AND abandoned a few others, as well). Some were okay. Some were pretty bad. Others were hokey and unintentionally funny in places that were meant to be serious. Then I more or less stumbled upon Michael Connelly's Detective Harry Bosch series of books. IMHO, Connelly's stories and his telling of those stories were head and shoulders above every other author I ran across. So, if you're looking for some good mystery stories that read well with believable characters and a plot that doesn't seem so predictable or contrived, Michael Connelly would be a good author to choose.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back