Mia Love - Her 2nd Try...God Bless Her.

I don't particularly like her politics but at least she presents herself well - unlike most of the hayseed buffoons this state likes to elect.

Yeah, we need more elected officials like the dicks from New York.

:afro::afro::afro:
You're thinking of New Jersey. That's where they grow the most virulent dicks.

I take it that you actually like the hayseed buffoons? I used to literally cringe when Gooberner Leavitt would appear on national TV. It's almost as bad when Mike Lee is on now.

Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

Love, 39, is a Mormon mother of three who is upending stereotypes about the state and its predominant faith. She locked up her party's nomination to vie for an open seat in Utah's 4th District at a state convention last month with an overwhelming 78 percent of the vote.

The seat became available when Jim Matheson retired after seven terms in Congress as the heavily conservative state's lone Democrat in Washington. Two years ago, the politically savvy son of a beloved Utah governor beat Love by fewer than 800 votes.

If Love wins this time, she would become an unlikely champion in Washington of staunchly conservative views - limited government, fiscal discipline and state's rights. The daughter of Haitian immigrants is pro-life, pro-gun and holds a concealed weapons permit.

She also supports Utah's effort to reclaim public land from federal agency controls, a hot issue in the U.S. West among conservatives, and has said she would vote against regulations she believes would restrict economic development.

Read more: Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

I'll wait to hear the names people will call her for being so traditional and black.

I could care less if she was gay and muslim.

She's for what I want.......

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

Love, 39, is a Mormon mother of three who is upending stereotypes about the state and its predominant faith. She locked up her party's nomination to vie for an open seat in Utah's 4th District at a state convention last month with an overwhelming 78 percent of the vote.

The seat became available when Jim Matheson retired after seven terms in Congress as the heavily conservative state's lone Democrat in Washington. Two years ago, the politically savvy son of a beloved Utah governor beat Love by fewer than 800 votes.

If Love wins this time, she would become an unlikely champion in Washington of staunchly conservative views - limited government, fiscal discipline and state's rights. The daughter of Haitian immigrants is pro-life, pro-gun and holds a concealed weapons permit.

She also supports Utah's effort to reclaim public land from federal agency controls, a hot issue in the U.S. West among conservatives, and has said she would vote against regulations she believes would restrict economic development.

Read more: Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

I'll wait to hear the names people will call her for being so traditional and black.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

She'll be fine. She's not going to lose.

As I've said 50 times already....

I'll vote for a black trangendered (man to woman) who is gay and of the Muslim Faith (realizing they are nearly incompatible) as long as they are conservative (a true conservative).

Mia Love seems to have a strong character......

I think she's great.

God Bless her......

Last edited:
Well, she's Christian, she is a conservative, but she knows ACA is here to stay, willing to compromise on immigration, and will fight tooth and nail against the DOE's interference in states' educatio programs. She will beat Doug Owens.

I'll vote for a black trangendered (man to woman) who is gay and of the Muslim Faith (realizing they are nearly incompatible) as long as they are conservative (a true conservative).

I think she's great.

God Bless her......
And it sounds like you'll also vote for dimwitted, uneducated hayseeds as long as they're truly conservative. Welcome to Utah.

unfair, JoeNormal, we have some good pub and dem legislators.

The hay seeds are down in Cedar City and Iron County, and the right wing communist-loving pips are in Davis County. They don't represent the state republicans.

unfair, JoeNormal, we have some good pub and dem legislators.

The hay seeds are down in Cedar City and Iron County, and the right wing communist-loving pips are in Davis County. They don't represent the state republicans.

I think you're being generous. A legislature that bends to the will of Gayle Ruzicka is one that I'll never respect.

Gayle has too much power for sure, but she is not the only shit sack of the Eagle Forum loose in the USA. The gayness of one her sons shook her badly. Mia may be the new face of the GOP here, and if so, I think she will use Gayle until she can break her. No one has been in a situation to do that, and Mia may be able to.

Gayle has too much power for sure, but she is not the only shit sack of the Eagle Forum loose in the USA. The gayness of one her sons shook her badly. Mia may be the new face of the GOP here, and if so, I think she will use Gayle until she can break her. No one has been in a situation to do that, and Mia may be able to.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Nah. She's just an opportunistic nutcase.
you don't have to advertise your disdain for woman. LOL

Howey does not disdain women, just hard right Republicans.

She will win easily enough, I think.

I think she's great.

God Bless her......
And it sounds like you'll also vote for dimwitted, uneducated hayseeds as long as they're truly conservative. Welcome to Utah.

You have relatives who run for office ?

Yep, I call it right, 50 to 47.

She ran a great race, was not TPM stupid while supporting small government, less taxes. I think she will yell about ACA but be relieved that Obama will veto it, as well as Obama taking EO on immigration (she is very active LDS and is harmony with the church's stance on immigration reform). She will fight to the death on DOE for local and state control of education. She has had no spine for the sagebrush rebellion: that may change. I like her.

Yep, I call it right, 50 to 47.

She ran a great race, was not TPM stupid while supporting small government, less taxes. I think she will yell about ACA but be relieved that Obama will veto it, as well as Obama taking EO on immigration (she is very active LDS and is harmony with the church's stance on immigration reform). She will fight to the death on DOE for local and state control of education. She has had no spine for the sagebrush rebellion: that may change. I like her.

In short, she's a right wing reactionary.......

She's great.

I won't hold the fact that you like her against her.

No, she's not. She's hard against education, doesn't like ACA, light on immigration and light if that on sagebrush rebellion. She's a conservative, not a dope.

She is the face of the rational conservative wing of the party.

Forum List

Back