Messed up quotes

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hey, when I'm quoting people, the quotes are wrong. For example, here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/278855-illiteracy-and-posting-2.html#post6830228 I quoted esmeralda, but it looks like I'm quoting myself. Earlier, I quoted her, but it showed as a quote of saigon..it's like the quotes themselves are put into the wrong box...I quoted esmeralda, but it shows as a quote of myself, and her name goes with my statement....

:confused:

So far have only noticed it when I quote her posts, in that thread.

Yes, I saw that, and at one point it showed that she had attributed a quote made by one poster for a Mebelle post. I reported the misquote.

Kind of ironic considering the title of the thread

I seen that. Thought there was a broken quote tag that caused it but I dont see one

I blocked a trojan in that thread, too. How interesting.

The quotes were messed with manually. Looking at the VB code, there is one "[/QUOTE]" missing and one in lower case (like this: "[/quote]")
The quote function inserts upper case.

Last edited:
They are all removed now. Sloppy Posting, removing the [/QUOTE] is one reason for that.

The quotes were messed with manually. Looking at the VB code, there is one "[./quote]" missing and one in lower case(like this: "[./quote]"

Exactly, it looks like it was intentional misquotes

The quotes were messed with manually. Looking at the VB code, there is one "
" missing and one in lower case(like this: "[/quote]"
The quote function inserts upper case.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. when the Posts get carried multiple times, the quotes get added on to the dialog of different posters, too. It gets complicated. Add ons and the wrong Poster being attributed to a quote.

The quotes were messed with manually. Looking at the VB code, there is one "[./quote]" missing and one in lower case(like this: "[./quote]"

Exactly, it looks like it was intentional misquotes

Most often, sloppiness.

Yes, it does look like intentional misquotes, which is why I reported it.

It isn't sloppiness, either....I didn't touch the body of the quotes.....

Last edited:
" missing and one in lower case(like this: "
"
The quote function inserts upper case.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. when the Posts get carried multiple times, the quotes get added on to the dialog of different posters, too. It gets complicated. Add ons and the wrong Poster being attributed to a quote.[/QUOTE]

Reported for altering quotes. :eusa_whistle:

" missing and one in lower case(like this: "
"

Exactly. when the Posts get carried multiple times, the quotes get added on to the dialog of different posters, too. It gets complicated. Add ons and the wrong Poster being attributed to a quote.[/QUOTE]

Reported for altering quotes. :eusa_whistle:[/QUOTE]

Accidents happen. Ive quoted someone before and accidently deleted the closing quote tag. When I do and I manually type it I dint bother with caps because the programming language doesnt require caps.

It could have been nefarious. But more likely an error

I've seen this when someone tries to answer a post point by point. They break a quote insert their comment and then open the quote again. It could be sloppy, I suppose. I've messed up quotes doing that, but this isn't a point by point reply.

I've accidentally done stuff like that too.but that's not what this is. In the first one, where I quoted Esmeralda being an idiot, the names of the multi quotes were actually switched....so saigon's quote said "esmeralda" and her's said "saigon". And I was only responding to the last post....so I didn't go into the body of the multi-quote at all.

Forum List

Back