Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

"In any case, by the fifteenth century Xmas emerged as a widely used symbol for Christmas. In 1436 Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press with moveable type. In the early days of printing typesetting was done by hand and was very tedious and expensive. As a result, abbreviations were common. In religious publications, the church began to use the abbreviation C, or simply X, for the word "Christ" to cut down on the cost of the books and pamphlets. From there, the abbreviation moved into general use in newspapers and other publications, and "Xmas" became an accepted way of printing "Christmas" (along with the abbreviations Xian and Xianity). Even Webster’s dictionary acknowledges that the abbreviation Xmas was in common use by the middle of the sixteenth century."

The Origin of "Xmas"

(X)The word Xmas came about by the same money changers that had Christ crucified. They hated Christ and wanted anything to do with the name of Christ to be eliminated. Christ was enemy #1 to them, and he had to go. And today we still see those same money changers trying to destroy the word Christmas, and replace it with Xmas. I think that it is starting to backfire on them. Today I see and hear more people at Christmas time saying Merry Christmas. Their hatred of Christianity will one day destroy them instead. Christ was the 13th man sitting at the supper table, and that is why we never see floors on buildings with the #13 being posted on the board of all elevators.

Chris=criss cross
mas=mas. Christmas. Short for that.

But I think you already knew that. Anyway..merry christmas. There. More letters. happy now? ;)

(X)I have heard many people including myself say Merry Christmas at Christmas time. I have never had anybody wish me a Merry Xmas, have you? Personally, if you cannot say or write Merry Christmas, then I must assume that you are a politically correct person. As you can see, I am not. Screw politically cultural left-wing Marxist correctness. Why would anyone want to be a PC zombie anyway? PC is nothing more than just an attack on freedom of speech. To say or write Merry Xmas is just being a PC fool. :biggrin:

maxresdefault.jpg

flug thoo

"In any case, by the fifteenth century Xmas emerged as a widely used symbol for Christmas. In 1436 Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press with moveable type. In the early days of printing typesetting was done by hand and was very tedious and expensive. As a result, abbreviations were common. In religious publications, the church began to use the abbreviation C, or simply X, for the word "Christ" to cut down on the cost of the books and pamphlets. From there, the abbreviation moved into general use in newspapers and other publications, and "Xmas" became an accepted way of printing "Christmas" (along with the abbreviations Xian and Xianity). Even Webster’s dictionary acknowledges that the abbreviation Xmas was in common use by the middle of the sixteenth century."

The Origin of "Xmas"

(X)The word Xmas came about by the same money changers that had Christ crucified. They hated Christ and wanted anything to do with the name of Christ to be eliminated. Christ was enemy #1 to them, and he had to go. And today we still see those same money changers trying to destroy the word Christmas, and replace it with Xmas. I think that it is starting to backfire on them. Today I see and hear more people at Christmas time saying Merry Christmas. Their hatred of Christianity will one day destroy them instead. Christ was the 13th man sitting at the supper table, and that is why we never see floors on buildings with the #13 being posted on the board of all elevators.

We have returned from three and a half days in Salzburg, I hope you and everyone in this thread had a good Christmas.

We were in the midst of 46 children aged between 14 and twins of a week and a bit, also two Great Aunts aged 98 and 96 and two Great Uncles aged 100 and 98....also we mustn't eat now until at least February lol.

Forum List

Back