Mental Illness reform and Newtown

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Newtown shooting prompts calls for mental health reform

This is a frightening analysis of a problem that will not go away with simply new gun restrictions. Each of us either knows a family or situation where someone's mental stability is questionable. Many of them have access to weapons that can literally destroy dozens of people within seconds.

It is sobering to think that there are thousands of situations where people are on the edge. How many more Newtowns or Aurora or Columbines will it take before these issues are addressed?

This is a frightening analysis of a problem that will not go away with simply new gun restrictions. Each of us either knows a family or situation where someone's mental stability is questionable. Many of them have access to weapons that can literally destroy dozens of people within seconds.

It is sobering to think that there are thousands of situations where people are on the edge. How many more Newtowns or Aurora or Columbines will it take before these issues are addressed?

For once in my life, I agree with you, but its a very complicated situation. Clearly there are many people in this country who, to me, should be institutionalized.......... for example, these whack jobs with bipolar disorder on meds like Prozac who stop taking their meds and exhibit real unhinged behavior. These days, you even mention the topic and the ACLU is all over it like white on rice......"cant violate their rights.......only if they consent to being intitutionalized!!!".

Last edited:

For once in my life, I agree with you, but its a very complicated situation. Clearly there are many people in this country who, to me, should be institutionalized.......... for example, these whack jobs with bipolar disorder on meds like Prozac who stop taking their meds and exhibit real unhinged behavior. These days, you even mention the topic and the ACLU is all over it like white on rice......"cant violate their rights.......only if they consent to being intitutionalized!!!".

My wife and I were foster parents for over 12 years and had dozens of foster children. We have dealt with many emotional and social disorders. It was the most stressful and tense part of my life. Many of these kids had mental issues also. One of our foster sons went on to commit a multiple murder years later. There are thousands of simlar stories out there.

It is sobering to think that the next stranger that you pass on the street could be near a mental breakdown. Consider that with the easy availability of firearms and you have a disaster waiting to happen. Think about that for a moment...:eusa_shifty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PPaXKAM3AE]CPS is drugging 6 and 7 year old children - for profit - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYC-EJ18IT0]3-year-old prescribed six psychotropic drugs in CPS' care ~ 4th Report - YouTube[/ame]

I blame Reagan and his deregulation of the nut houses.

Earlier this year, the British government warned that the anti-depression drug Effexor should not be taken by children. Now the UK is advising against the prescription of all antidepressant drugs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs) for children, with the exception of Prozac, because these drugs increase the risk of suicide. The following is the statement by the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency):

The British government ban for use of all but one SSRI antidepressant drug in children and teens (Dec 10, 2003) is reverberating wherever these drugs are widely prescribed. The action was taken after an independent committee of experts examined the raw data from controlled clinical trials that had been conducted by these drugs' manufacturers. The evidence shows that contrary to the claims made by their promoters, SSRIs are neither effective against depression in children, nor safe. The hazards posed by SSRIs--of which the most serious is self-harm and aggression toward others--had been detected during company controlled clinical trials, but the hazards were concealed--even in published reports in academic journals. Thus, doctors who prescribed the drugs and patients and families for whom they have been prescribed were kept in the dark.

The revelation about the hidden hazards posed by SSRIs raised serious concerns about how drugs are tested, how the findings are reported, and how the regulatory agencies meet their public responsibility. * How is it that the prominent expert psychiatrists worldwide failed to notice the significant finding of emergent suicidal behaviour in adolescents

Antidepressants Banned for UK Kids - Depression Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments Including Clinical and Manic Depression on MedicineNet.com

This is a horrifying story. The word sorcery comes from the word pharmakai and is directly related to drugs. I don't know if you are familiar with the name Solvay but they are one of the largest drug phamaceutical cartels in the world and are based in Belgium. Much of what goes on in NATO, Bilderberg ( Davignon the head of Bilderberg is a Solvay by birth ) World Bank, etc is controlled by the Solvay family. Many of these family members are reportedly at the very highest echelons of satanism. So it all works together. To see these children being the victims of it lets others know just how despicable satan really is. - Jeremiah

So UK can ban drugs and it is wonderful, But then guns and,,,,,HANDS OFF!

My wife and I were foster parents for over 12 years and had dozens of foster children. We have dealt with many emotional and social disorders. It was the most stressful and tense part of my life. Many of these kids had mental issues also. One of our foster sons went on to commit a multiple murder years later. There are thousands of simlar stories out there.

It is sobering to think that the next stranger that you pass on the street could be near a mental breakdown. Consider that with the easy availability of firearms and you have a disaster waiting to happen. Think about that for a moment...:eusa_shifty:

There are inherent dangers of living in a free society. Even if there were reforms coming, it would be far from perfect. Basically, if somebody snaps, there is little or no way to stop them from committing an atrocity. In life, there are simply some problems that dont have solutions.......we all have to live with the tradeoffs. I dont like it........nobody on here likes it.
To me, the thought of anybody being against placing armed law enforcement in schools is byond nuts. Cant stop an event.......but there certainly stands a strong possibility of limiting he damage. And if even one life is saved, is it not worth every penny? If that was the case in Sandy Hook, it is likely that only the people in the administrative offices lose their lives. The children would still be with us however.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back