Mega Hits you didn't like...

Titanic

It was a good movie but I didnā€™t like the ending.
I donā€™t know why they had the ship sink. It kept them from having sequels
I still say DeCaprio was the wrong actor. He was 20 years old at the time, but looked like he was 15.
Look at this picture from the time...
Although they are only 1 year apart, she looks like she is 10 years older. He looks like a high school sophomore.

decap.jpg

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

I just don't care
Same here. I'm not into fantasy movies at all.

Nor the Star Wars movies.

Star Trek, yes. Star Wars, no.

And I am not into movies based on comic books, either. Especially the "Marvel Universe" movies.

For me... I totally didn't get "Home Alone".
To this day I have no understanding why people liked this movie so much.
The comedy is all slap stick, which is okay... but poorly done slapstick. There were so many technical errors in the film that it probably ranks in the top 10 films with the most problematic scenes,
Also to this day, when you ask everyone involved... the writers, producers, studio, actors - director... none can explain why the movie became such a monster hit.
Macaulay Culkin

^^^ With it being based on a true event, I guess that a sequel for such films are not in the cards.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Titanic made like $2 Billion Box office
They should have had Jack and Rose save the ship at the last minute before sinking. That way, you could have had ā€¦.

Titanic II

The following are the films that I have only seen once.

Titanic
Christmas With The Kranks
Spanglish (This film was mostly boring to me.)
Happy Gillmore
Big Daddy
George Of The Jungle
Hollywood Homicide
Firewall
The Life Of David Gale
High Crimes
Twisted
Jack Frost-This movie in my opinion was depressing!
The Family Man
Ghost Of Mississippi
Sword Fish
Lucky Numbers
Hostage
Snow Day
Die Hard 3 & 4 (I have not seen the others.)
The Others
The 6th Sense
Wild Hogs-To me, this film was not as good as the commercials made it look.
Joe Somebody
Serendipity
America's Sweet Hearts
Parental Guidance (This is still the last film that I have seen in a theater.)
City Of Angels
My Best Friend's Wedding
You've Got Mail
The Alvin And The Chipmunks film released in 2007 (I haven't seen the later ones.)
National Treasure 1 and 2
Lethal Weapon 3 (I haven't seen the 4th.)
Field Of Dreams
Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves (Theme Song: "Everything I Do, I Do It For You)"
Congo
Gremlins 2
A Very Brady Sequel
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Sometimes They Come Back
Dumb And Dumber
The Land Before Time 2 (I haven't seen the films that were made later.)
Ground Hog Day
What About Bob?
Grumpier Old Men (I haven't seen Grumpy Old Men.)
Mr. Wrong

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The Newton Boys, The Weatherman, and Matchstick Men are three films that I never finished because to me, what I saw of them was boring. I only just today learned that there are a total of three films named The Sand Lot. I thought that only two were made. The only one that I have seen is the first one.

James Dean was 24 when he played a high school kid in Rebel Without a Cause. It didn't work.
I thought it worked fine. Dean was such a charismatic character, I doubt if any one noticed at the time. The acting by James Dean, Natalie Wood and Sal Mineo was excellent. Their dark outlook on their future became fact. Dean died in a car crash a month before the movie was released. Sal Mineo was stabbed to death when was 37 and Natlie Woods drowned 3 years later.

Much of the movie today is dated, particularly the clunky hepcat dialog, drag racing, and the horror of being called "Yellow". However, the movie's plea for dads to talk to their children is certainly as valid today as it was then.

Dean's best film was his first major movie, "East of Eden". To say he was good in the movie is an understatement. "He carried that movie". Unlike Rebel Without a Cause, East of Eden is as fresh and meaningful today as it was when it was made in 1955.

Dean made only 3 movies for which he received screen credit, East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, and Giant. He was nominated for best actor in 2 of them and won for his performance in East of Eden.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back