Meet your straw man.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
As a child, you have had an imaginary friend. You may be surprised to learn that evidence exists that you have had a make-believe twin from the time your mother and father permitted a Birth Certificate to be filed for you. This make-believe friend is not real, but artificial. It is a straw man, an artificial entity that has a name very similar to yours.

The Definition:
“A ‘front’; a third party who is put up in name only to take part in a transaction. Nominal party to a transaction …” [Black’s Law Dictionary, 6th Edition]
“The term is also used in commercial and property contexts when a transfer is made to a party, the straw man, simply for the purpose of retransferring to the transferor in order to accomplish some purpose not otherwise permitted.” [Barron’s, 3rd Edition]​

strawman-02.jpg

So, in layman’s terms, what is a straw man? The straw man is an artificial person. The straw man was created by law shortly after you were born via the registration of the application for your birth certificate. The name for the straw man is your name in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. You will notice that the inscription on the birth certificate is your name in all-capital letters.

Interesting. Lots of grammatical errors, yet appears mostly accurate and logical.

Interesting. Lots of grammatical errors, yet appears mostly accurate and logical.
And yet it isn't. This is a famous fraud associated with the sovereign citizen movement. It is built on a deliberate misinterpretation of a handful of laws, and is used to try to get out of paying taxes or getting arrested. I say "try to" because it doesn't ever stand up in court, because any decent lawyer can realize that it's complete fiction.

The people who insist on it, though, are completely devoted and utterly convinced that is absolute fact, and over the years they have become quite good at crafting an argument that seems solid, but is in fact built on sand. To start with, law dictionaries such as Black's are secondary legal sources, not primary ones, and the strawman illusion builds their argument on them as if they were law.

We do not each have a dual legal nature; your name in all caps refers to the same person as your regular name. There was no conspiracy to trade on each person's identity (other versions of the story set it in the late 19th century). Copyrighting won't render you immune to anything. You still need to pay your taxes. Don't buy it.

To start with, law dictionaries such as Black's are secondary legal sources, not primary ones, and the strawman illusion builds their argument on them as if they were law.
I know that from experience and should have said as much. Wasn't buying it. I was (perhaps over) admiring the logical flow and consistency. The poor grammar gave it away as farce to begin with. The fact that Mindful posted it provided a hint as well. Most nutty conspiracy theories have seemed less interesting reads to me. I neglected to consider those that might take it seriously and act upon it. Thanks for cleaning that up.

Last edited:
I know that from experience and should have said as much. Wasn't buying it. I was (perhaps over) admiring the logical flow and consistency. The poor grammar gave it away as farce to begin with. The fact that Mindful posted it provided a hint as well. Most nutty conspiracy theories have seemed less interesting reads to me. I neglected to consider those that might take it seriously and act upon it. Thanks for cleaning that up.
Gotcha covered, brother.

Forum List

Back