Meet the American ISIS

It seems you are the one that doesn't quite get the US Constitution.

Freedom of Religion

"The First Amendment to the Constitution protects freedom of religion by banning Congress from passing any law respecting an establishment of religion and from prohibiting people from freely exercising their religion. The Supreme Court has applied these limits to state governments through the Fourteenth Amendment."

"Justice Hugo Black argued for “total incorporation,” or that the Fourteenth Amendment meant that all Bill of Rights protections now applied to the states. The Court, however, has used “selective incorporation,” applying some protections but not others. The Court has not applied the Seventh Amendment, for example, to the states."

And the Right claims to be all about the Constitution.

..and the Left doesn't think the Constitution is relevant any more. They really hate those 1st and 2nd amendments contained in the Bill of Rights.

Around 75-80% of America identifies as Christian, I'm surprised it isn't a higher number

And around 2% actually read the Bible. :p

It's not quite that bad...but it's pretty bad

More than four-in-ten Catholics in the United States (45%) do not know that their church teaches that the bread and wine used in Communion do not merely symbolize but actually become the body and blood of Christ. About half of Protestants (53%) cannot correctly identify Martin Luther as the person whose writings and actions inspired the Protestant Reformation, which made their religion a separate branch of Christianity. Roughly four-in-ten Jews (43%) do not recognize that Maimonides, one of the most venerated rabbis in history, was Jewish.​

Survey Atheists Agnostics Know More About Religion Than Religious The Two-Way NPR

Around 75-80% of America identifies as Christian, I'm surprised it isn't a higher number

More than four-in-ten Catholics in the United States (45%) do not know that their church teaches that the bread and wine used in Communion do not merely symbolize but actually become the body and blood of Christ. About half of Protestants (53%) cannot correctly identify Martin Luther as the person whose writings and actions inspired the Protestant Reformation, which made their religion a separate branch of Christianity. Roughly four-in-ten Jews (43%) do not recognize that Maimonides, one of the most venerated rabbis in history, was Jewish.​

Survey Atheists Agnostics Know More About Religion Than Religious The Two-Way NPR

A lot of Christian's don't even know there are two creation stories in the Bible.

Your link would make for a good thread.

It's been one I'm sure.

It's been one I'm sure.

Maybe we need another one. LOL!

<NationalReport>In a surprise weekend vote, the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to officially implement all aspects of Sharia Law. The tough new law, slated to go into effect January 1st, addresses secular law including crime, politics and economics as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, fasting, prayer, diet and hygiene.

The new law could see citizens stoned for adultery or having a limb amputated for theft. Lesser offenses, such as drinking alcohol or abortion, could result in flogging and/or caning. In addition, the law imposes harsh laws with regards to women and allows for child marriage.

City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law National Report

You're kidding, right? You know this is an outright lie, don't you? Please tell me you put this up as a joke.

Prove it's a lie, you're starting to get annoying, annoying tries my patience

Yes, people who just believe anything that fits what they want to believe are often annoyed at those who point out it is false.

This is the site for the Dearborn Herald - the local newspaper. Now, if there had been such a vote one would think the local newspaper might have mentioned it. They did not. The News-Herald - Latest News Sports Opinion Entertainment Business Life

No where in your link does it say a vote wasn't taken, it was. You've proven nothing

You want to see a news story about something that didn't happen? I can give you the snopes link, but you wouldn't accept that anyway - because it isn't what you want to believe.

They are lying to you, and they know they are lying to you. They depend upon people just accepting the lie, not attempting to find out for themselves and never questioning. They depend upon you being a fool. But rather than being angry at them for lying to you and treating you like a fool, you'll be angry at me for pointing out they are lying to you. Which, of course, just means they are right.

<NationalReport>In a surprise weekend vote, the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to officially implement all aspects of Sharia Law. The tough new law, slated to go into effect January 1st, addresses secular law including crime, politics and economics as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, fasting, prayer, diet and hygiene.

The new law could see citizens stoned for adultery or having a limb amputated for theft. Lesser offenses, such as drinking alcohol or abortion, could result in flogging and/or caning. In addition, the law imposes harsh laws with regards to women and allows for child marriage.

You're kidding, right? You know this is an outright lie, don't you? Please tell me you put this up as a joke.
Poor Sassy....doesn't know Satire sites like National Report and The Onion.

It's a satire site? That I didn't know. It explains a lot. Thanks.

Poll: 57% Of GOPers Support Making Christianity The National Religion

Scary shit.

A majority of Republicans nationally support establishing Christianity as the national religion, according to a new Public Policy Polling survey released Tuesday.

The poll by the Democratic-leaning firm found that 57 percent of Republicans "support establishing Christianity as the national religion" while 30 percent are opposed. Another 13 percent said they were not sure.

It almost goes without saying that the Establishment Clause of the Constitution prohibits establishing of a national religion.

The poll was conducted among 316 Republicans from Feb. 20-22. The margin of error was plus or minus 5.5 percentage points.

It goes without saying you are a moron. You should change your screen name to "scary shit".

Some time ago, I read of a poll that showed that 72% of Republicans believe some degree of governmental control should be put on our journalists.

Yes, its scary to see that degree of ignorance. These loons vote and they reproduce.

They believe it should be put on journalists while your party actually has. :eusa_naughty:

That's a satirical article, sweetheart. :rolleyes:

That's a satirical article, sweetheart. :rolleyes:

In the future please do not refer to me as "sweetheart".

While the thread title is overly hyperbolic, the fact that 57% of GOP primary voters would willingly abolish part of the 1st Amendment is disturbing.

oh for crying out loud. a poll on some website hardly anyone ever heard of

just wow

While the thread title is overly hyperbolic, the fact that 57% of GOP primary voters would willingly abolish part of the 1st Amendment is disturbing.

oh for crying out loud. a poll on some website hardly anyone ever heard of

just wow

"Nobody" has ever hear of Public Policy Polling or TPM? Maybe "nobody" that doesn't leave the Fox Noise bubble.

Forum List

Back