MediCare vs. Public Option?

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
I heard Mitch McConnell on CNN this morning raving about how Obama is going to destroy MediCare and how his mother depends on MediCare and the benefits that this government run health plan provides. Yet, on the other hand, he is completely against a government OPTION for healthcare for others who cannot afford insurance. Can someone tell me what the difference is?

I heard Mitch McConnell on CNN this morning raving about how Obama is going to destroy MediCare and how his mother depends on MediCare and the benefits that this government run health plan provides. Yet, on the other hand, he is completely against a government OPTION for healthcare for others who cannot afford insurance. Can someone tell me what the difference is?

The GOP has always tried to make everyone believe that they're the defenders of MediCare even though it flies in the face of their ideology.

In my opinion, the bottom line is, they were proven wrong, and their only option was to try and take ownership of it. Everything that has ever gone right in this country is because of the GOP, just ask them. It's an effective political strategy, but not very good for the country.

-sensored

I just love trickle down, because someone is pissing on my head and they tell me, nah it's raining

Once instituted, you can't climb out from under it. Just like welfare. Once it's there, it's there forever.

Second difference...ppl who receive medicare are US citizens and either they or their spouses have worked in this country to gain that coverage.

Not so with the gov't care Obama's providing. It's medicaid, essentially. The people who are going to benefit are 40 year old deadbeats who won't work and illegal aliens, apparently.

Once instituted, you can't climb out from under it. Just like welfare. Once it's there, it's there forever.

Second difference...ppl who receive medicare are US citizens and either they or their spouses have worked in this country to gain that coverage.

Not so with the gov't care Obama's providing. It's medicaid, essentially. The people who are going to benefit are 40 year old deadbeats who won't work and illegal aliens, apparently.

OK,AllieBaaaaaaaaaaBaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....besides talking points from Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh, do you have anything to offer?

Oh come on, there are MORE than enough conservatives on this board to help explain McConnell's double speak....what gives?

OK,AllieBaaaaaaaaaaBaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....besides talking points from Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh, do you have anything to offer?

Once again you show that you're really not here to debate...

A poster provides you with the diferences you asked for and this is your reaction...

Typical of the rabid left...

A poster provides you with the diferences you asked for and this is your reaction...

yeah but really all i hear these days is beck and limbaugh blindly lending out opinions.

yeah but really all i hear these days is beck and limbaugh blindly lending out opinions.

All you hear? Maybe you should branch out a bit...

Pundits are paid to offer opinions... People chose to agree or disagree with those opinions... Some people take their disagreement with these pundits to rabid, spittle-in-the-mouth-corners, obsessive levels... Check out the threads started by Zona (AutoZona) in the media subforum... Now THAT'S a serious mental problem...

Don't waste your time with House, REV. As you can see from his post and that of AllieBaba, they have NOTHING to debate with other than empty talking points. Did you like that nice BROAD BRUSH they used to describe EVERYONE on the rolls of MediCaid, yet refuse to answer the question I posed?

Pundits are paid to offer opinions... People chose to agree or disagree with those opinions... Some people take their disagreement with these pundits to rabid, spittle-in-the-mouth-corners, obsessive levels... Check out the threads started by Zona (AutoZona) in the media subforum... Now THAT'S a serious mental problem...

people need to form their own opinions with research, not listening to bat shit crazy frothing liberals and conservatives.

and by all i hear is that i live in a republican state and beck and limbaugh are often quoted

Don't waste your time with House, REV. As you can see from his post and that of AllieBaba, they have NOTHING to debate with other than empty talking points. Did you like that nice BROAD BRUSH they used to describe EVERYONE on the rolls of MediCaid, yet refuse to answer the question I posed?

The question was answered, but your blind liberal fingers-in-the-ears mentality can't hear it... You ask for respectable debate and attack posters that do...

You are nothing more than a hypocritical troll who shills for Team 0bama... You certainly aren't here to hear other viewpoints...

people need to form their own opinions with research, not listening to bat shit crazy frothing liberals and conservatives.
What happens when a pundit states an opinion that was already independently deduced by another person? Are they automatically "mouthpieces" for that pundit?

and by all i hear is that i live in a republican state and beck and limbaugh are often quoted

That may be, but you don't know how those people came to formulate those opinions...

What happens when a pundit states an opinion that was already independently deduced by another person? Are they automatically "mouthpieces" for that pundit?

That may be, but you don't know how those people came to formulate those opinions...

1. Yes, that's my opinion at least

2. I agree. i don't know

Holy shit! Will someone just answer my question?

1. Yes, that's my opinion at least
That's just foolish... The person independently deduces something and you automatically dismiss it because some pundit agrees with the person?

IMHO, that is just rediculous and pretty damn partisan...

Holy shit! Will someone just answer my question?

Someone already did: Post #6 in THIS Thread

Forum List

Back