Democrats and A Conundrum...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I find it difficult to believe that Democrats are that satisfied with the direction the countries moving in, the economy, unemployment, national debt, spandex government control health care and blah,blah, blah...

That really isn't the point of my post. The point is, why do they support and justify what can't possibly be good for the country? We all saw this when Clinton was President, without going into specifics they rationalized the unjustifiable.

Now it seems, Obama and the Democratic leadership are getting the same blind eyed treatment from both a great percentage of the media and Democrats in general.
Does it just come down to hero worship, fear of failure, winning at any cost, beating the Republicans or is it true and honest belief, WHAT, it's a conundrum to me?...:eusa_think:

I find it difficult to believe that Democrats are that satisfied with the direction the countries moving in, the economy, unemployment, national debt, spandex government control health care and blah,blah, blah...

That really isn't the point of my post. The point is, why do they support and justify what can't possibly be good for the country? We all saw this when Clinton was President, without going into specifics they rationalized the unjustifiable.

Now it seems, Obama and the Democratic leadership are getting the same blind eyed treatment from both a great percentage of the media and Democrats in general.
Does it just come down to hero worship, fear of failure, winning at any cost, beating the Republicans or is it true and honest belief, WHAT, it's a conundrum to me?...:eusa_think:

Color me slow, but what specifically is your question, and what specifcally do you feel the Democrats and/or Obama are doing wrong?

Democrats are interested in getting, maintaining, and extending power. This is what they are doing now. All the legislation passed will accomplish that goal. They are not interested in the good of the country. THey have forgotten what that means. It wasn't always so. I remember Muskey, Humphrey, Scoop Jackson, Moynihan and others. You might disagree with their policies but you could not question their integrity. The current crowd is totally different.
Read the latest stuff from McGovern and he sounds like Reagan. Maybe the GOP ought to run McGovern for president in 2012.
Plenty of people are still drinking the Obama Kool Aid that "this clean articulate black mean (what racist described him that way?) will solve all our problems."

it's not like there was a lot of choice...

Hillary would have been a better president....

How?
She is brighter and better organized and has better political instincts. But she reminds most people of their ex wife.

I started a thread not so long ago that was "should people pass an IQ test in order to vote". Now, you can't really pass such a test, but you can be tested.

Now if people based their opinion on voting on your first sentence (not necessary Hillary, but any politician), then they should vote. The whole reason I put the premise out there, is if people based their vote on your last sentence. Unfortunately, some people do...

Last edited:

How?
She is brighter and better organized and has better political instincts. But she reminds most people of their ex wife.
I think this president is still too wet behind the ears. Granted HRC didn't have much more official experience, but I am pretty sure that she would not have made the foreign policy gaff BHO made this week. I rank foreign policy as a high priority. I think she has a better grasp on reality as well.

How?
I think this president is still too wet behind the ears. Granted HRC didn't have much more official experience, but I am pretty sure that she would not have made the foreign policy gaff BHO made this week. I rank foreign policy as a high priority. I think she has a better grasp on reality as well.

I suspect she would have been more like Bill, governing from the center and pushing coalitions with the republican traitors, er liberals.
But in a contest with McCain I am not certain she would have won.

I'm not happy with the wars. I never wanted to go in the first place. Obama is dragging his feet, but he didn't start those messes.

As far as going for more power, we just came off of eight years of craziness.

Obama promised to end the war in Iraq. We're still there. He is trying to expand the Afghan war but I'll bet the left of his own party wont let him. Blaming Bush is not an option here.
Obama seems intent on coddling our enemies and screwing our allies. He will find himself without friends real fast.
I don't know what "8 years of craziness" you mean. The Dems controlled Congress for the last 2 of those in any case. They could have ended the war in Iraq on their own but instead chose to pass about 120 meaningless resolutions so they could look good and not take responsibility.

How?

I suspect she would have been more like Bill, governing from the center and pushing coalitions with the republican traitors, er liberals.
But in a contest with McCain I am not certain she would have won.
Possibly, but given McCain's piss poor campaign, she may have. Hard to say. I was a Rudy supporter, myself. JSM or HRC, she would have gotten my vote (if JSM had run the same campaign). He really was the accidental candidate, IMO.

How?
I think this president is still too wet behind the ears. Granted HRC didn't have much more official experience, but I am pretty sure that she would not have made the foreign policy gaff BHO made this week. I rank foreign policy as a high priority. I think she has a better grasp on reality as well.[/QUOTE]

What did he do (haven't been keeping up with the news in the US lately)....

Hillary would have beaten McCain due to Palin. That said, if McCain had no chosen Palin, but somebody else, that could have been very interesting re Clinton..

Rabbi - I know how you love to cheery pick, yep he's has been there 8 months, what would you have him do asswipe

Forum List

Back