Medicare runs out of $ in 6 years

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
In 25 years under the current system only 40% of the Medicare costs will be covered by payroll taxes.
UNSUSTAINABLE system we now have.

In 25 years under the current system only 40% of the Medicare costs will be covered by payroll taxes.

Nevertheless, it's preferrable to the cost of burying all the seniors who'll die in the streets after spending themselves into bankruptcy with CorporateCare.

SS only has to pay a couple of hundred $ for burial costs. A cheap way out.

Leave my medicare alone I don't want no stinking govt running my healthcare!

Nevertheless, it's preferrable to the cost of burying all the seniors who'll die in the streets after spending themselves into bankruptcy with CorporateCare.
capthyperbole.jpg

Medicare is something that never should have been instituted. But it was and we are now stuck with it.

When it was first instituted people were croaking at 65. Not they are living into their 90's. No wonder its going broke.

Jeeze you old fucks, Start dying already LOL

The entire system is a Ponzi scheme.
I pay 13K a year, probably over 300K for the last 40 years just into my "account", into it plus corporate matching contributions for others.
And if I die the day before I start to draw any of it my heirs get ZERO.
That 300K probably would have grown to over a million bucks.
Government. It sucks.

Medicare is something that never should have been instituted. But it was and we are now stuck with it.

When it was first instituted people were croaking at 65. Not they are living into their 90's. No wonder its going broke.

I am working on it as fast as I can.

I will go smoke another cig just to make you happy.

Not that I agree with this, but it does bring up a good point.

Why aren't we radically raising the Medicare qualification age to like, 75?

I pay 13K a year, probably over 300K for the last 40 years just into my "account", into it plus corporate matching contributions for others.
Government. It sucks.

Unless of course you don't die, but require health care until age 110, in which case you're making out like a bandit.

Government. It sucks.

According to my statement I got about a week ago I have paid 18,389 into Medicare and my employer has matched that.

I have paid $79,250 into SS with my employers also matching that.

I have been paying since the 60's.

I am working on it as fast as I can.

I will go smoke another cig just to make you happy.

Wait. I'll burn one with ya. LOL

Now, does anyone want to add in why Medicare's long-run fiscal picture looks so bad?

Now, does anyone want to add in why Medicare's long-run fiscal picture looks so bad?

Because people are living so much longer, which is partially due to the fact that they get so much more medical care in their old age?

Because people are living so much longer, which is partially due to the fact that they get so much more medical care in their old age?

That's part of it, but, surprisingly, a very, very small one. The biggest cause is the increase in health care costs across the board.

Yep, because I don't think our genetics are improving.

Plus SS helps as well.
Rough on oldsters to have to mow yards to eat.

That's part of it, but, surprisingly, a very, very small one. The biggest cause is the increase in health care costs across the board.

Good point.

Because politicians and bureaucrats are entirely incapable of running anything.

Except that administrative and total costs for Medicare are much lower than those of private insurers.

But hey, why pay attention to details when you can make broad sweeping statements?

Forum List

Back