Media Piranhas

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I’ve always doubted the sincerity of a free press that does not attack the government 24-7. Never-ending attacks is the only chance of returning to limited government in order to salvage what little remains of individual freedom. Every time the press treats a big government advocate like they are decent human beings the government grows more tyrannical.

And it’s not only the people in government who need restraints. TV news is populated by the same personality types seen in that Canadian TV show from the 1990s The Newsroom. Maybe that’s the real reason for this:

Psychological testing ordered for NBC News star
Journalist employed at network for nearly 20 years
Published: 2 days ago
Joe Kovacs

Psychological testing ordered for NBC News star

News ghouls

The dialogue in the beginning of part one about piranhas eating a Canadian reminded me of how network news shows milk every disaster for all they're worth. The entire show is hysterical:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNY_XLh5bAA&feature=player_detailpage]The Newsroom S1E1 P1 (The Walking Shoe Incident) - YouTube[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYyZWVLXOU&feature=player_detailpage]The Newsroom S1E1 P2 (The Walking Shoe Incident) - YouTube[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQtg0vTnEKA&feature=player_detailpage]The Newsroom S1E1 P3 (The Walking Shoe Incident) - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:
My reference to the strange doings in The Newsroom notwithstanding, Michelle Malkin did her own tap dance on David Gregory’s head:

I've always thought entrenched left-wing journalists in Washington needed their heads examined. Much to my satisfaction, it appears the corporate media bosses of at least one Beltway anchor now agree.

According to The Washington Post this week, NBC News hired a "psychological consultant" to examine why flailing "Meet the Press" moderator David Gregory has been bombing in the ratings.

XXXXX

What's the matter with David Gregory? And why don't people like to watch him?

I could have saved the honchos at NBC News a lot of time and trouble. The first answer is: David Gregory is a phony. The second answer is: He's a jerk.

And no amount of brand therapy and rehabilitation consulting can fix him.

NBC's Cognitive Dissonant Hack Syndrome
Michelle Malkin | Apr 23, 2014

NBC's Cognitive Dissonant Hack Syndrome - Michelle Malkin - Page 1

So much is coming out about Hillary Clinton I’m a little bit frightened that she might not try for the nomination in 2016. I have been praying that she gets the nomination because I doubt if media piranhas can devour whoever her opponent happens to be in the general election:

How long will the American press cover for the Clintons, the shabbiest political dynasty since the Longs of Louisiana?

The Press Never Calls
There the Clintons go again.
By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. – 4.24.14

The Press Never Calls | The American Spectator

Let’s face it, a presidential election is not the Antiques Roadshow where damaged items sell for big bucks.

Forum List

Back