Media Lie: 'Record-Breaking Heat' Exaggeration; Blatant Agenda

If there is anything the environmental left has prove definatively is that they are wrong constantly. From the 60's to the 70's they have been screaming the sky is falling, and with little difference they are saying the same damn thing today. But now they've wrapped it all into one package: climate change.

Well it's kinda easy to say "nothing has happened" considering that most people consider life span to be a significant amount of time. For example you've heard this since the 60's..50 years ago..Jeez sounds like a long time for "nothing has happened" Except the earth is hundreds of millions years old. So 50 years isnt a long time

Second, things have "happened" except whenever those things happen people like you say "that's normal, show me what happened!"

It's like saying "show me something weird" and I show you my second set of balls and you say "that's nothing. You call that, weird?"
:lol:

In the late 1700's, summers were met with near freezing temperatures parts of the country. The decades following showed gradual warming...each year with a mean temperature greater than the year before.

What technology was around back then that caused the "global warming"?

Truth is, we can attribute any act of nature to anything we want...we can attribute it to emissions...we can attribute it to moon landings.....we can attribute it to a black hole that is inching closer and closer to our solar system.

But we all know that there has been dramatic climate change since the beginning of time...we know Mars used to be more than clay dust....

I refuse to fall for the climate change crap. The forces of nature are much stronger than anything man can do.......

So what you're saying is it could be changes in our climate for a number of reasons EXCEPT man made reasons.

The Decline Hiders are working overtime

The "decline" refers to a decline in northern tree-rings, not global temperature, and is openly discussed in papers and the IPCC reports.

There are a number of misconceptions concerning Phil Jones' email. When one takes the time to read the email and understand the science discussed, the misconceptions are easily put into proper context.

Clearing up misconceptions regarding 'hide the decline'

But then again proper context is not your strong point is it?

If you Google "record-breaking heat July 2011" you will be given 35 million results. All last week the left was pointing to the heat wave, in the middle of July, as evidence of global warming—proof positive. It was reported that Washington DC would reach 116 F—of course that was the ‘heat index’ not the actual temperature. The heat index broke records, not the actual temperatures.

Of course there were some records set last week, but once you put it in historical perspective it becomes undeniably clear that the media’s reporting on last week’s heat wave and their constant connections between man-made global warming is biased and not based in reality. This how the weather has been reported for the last 8-9 years.

“That's right. There were only 34 new all-time daily temperature records set during last week's "record-breaking heat."

This is out of over 6000 records previously set for each day since such things have been reported.

For instance, the four set Thursday were out of 6,219 historically for that day. This represented only 0.06 percent.

On Friday, 20 records were set out of 6,108, or 0.3 percent.

As you can see, the actual records broken were statistically insignificant.
Yet a Google search of "record-breaking heat July 2011" produced almost 35 million results.

That's more than a million stories per new record set.

Seems the exaggeration at play is even greater than the number of Americans now claiming they attended Woodstock.

Makes you wonder if all these so-called journalists were smoking something last week as if they were still at Max Yasgur's farm.” (Media Myth Debunked: Almost No Temperature Records Broken in Last Week's 'Record-Breaking Heat' | NewsBusters.org)

Everything from drought to rain, blue skies to gray—whenever the weather changes and records are set, something that has been happening constantly from the beginning of Earth’s existence, we are told that it is proof of global warming. And if you believe that the records we are currently recording are actual records in regards to time, you are naïve. It is a record from the beginning of when those records began, and historians know that during such times as the Little Ice Age (Little Ice Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) temperatures were much lower and during such times as the Midevil Warm Period (Medieval Warm Period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) they were much higher.

I have still never had a liberal, either a personal friend or anyone on this message board, answer for the causes of the little ice age, or the implications of.

Nor have I ever had a liberal explain why the ice caps of Mars are melting. (Mars is Melting - NASA Science) NASA has reported several times that the temperature of Mars is increasing—in one moment of sincerity when they were focused solely on science and not what politically correct reported that the reason was because of increased solar activity. What are the implications of that fact on the theory of global warming?

I'm sure you have some links to whom it was on the left that said this summer heat wave is the result of global warming, but you just forgot to post them.

Otherwise one might think your constructing a strawman to burn down?

BTW the heat wave is about the same as the winter cool off when it comes to the effect of climate change.

Well it's kinda easy to say "nothing has happened" considering that most people consider life span to be a significant amount of time. For example you've heard this since the 60's..50 years ago..Jeez sounds like a long time for "nothing has happened" Except the earth is hundreds of millions years old. So 50 years isnt a long time

Second, things have "happened" except whenever those things happen people like you say "that's normal, show me what happened!"

It's like saying "show me something weird" and I show you my second set of balls and you say "that's nothing. You call that, weird?"
:lol:

In the late 1700's, summers were met with near freezing temperatures parts of the country. The decades following showed gradual warming...each year with a mean temperature greater than the year before.

What technology was around back then that caused the "global warming"?

Truth is, we can attribute any act of nature to anything we want...we can attribute it to emissions...we can attribute it to moon landings.....we can attribute it to a black hole that is inching closer and closer to our solar system.

But we all know that there has been dramatic climate change since the beginning of time...we know Mars used to be more than clay dust....

I refuse to fall for the climate change crap. The forces of nature are much stronger than anything man can do.......

So what you're saying is it could be changes in our climate for a number of reasons EXCEPT man made reasons.

over the billions of years, the earth has experienced numerous climate changes and none of them were man made or induced.
So yes, I have good reason to believe that the climate change is not man made or induced.

If you Google "record-breaking heat July 2011" you will be given 35 million results. All last week the left was pointing to the heat wave, in the middle of July, as evidence of global warming—proof positive. It was reported that Washington DC would reach 116 F—of course that was the ‘heat index’ not the actual temperature. The heat index broke records, not the actual temperatures.

Of course there were some records set last week, but once you put it in historical perspective it becomes undeniably clear that the media’s reporting on last week’s heat wave and their constant connections between man-made global warming is biased and not based in reality. This how the weather has been reported for the last 8-9 years.

“That's right. There were only 34 new all-time daily temperature records set during last week's "record-breaking heat."

This is out of over 6000 records previously set for each day since such things have been reported.

For instance, the four set Thursday were out of 6,219 historically for that day. This represented only 0.06 percent.

Yet a Google search of "record-breaking heat July 2011" produced almost 35 million results.

Seems the exaggeration at play is even greater than the number of Americans now claiming they attended Woodstock.

Makes you wonder if all these so-called journalists were smoking something last week as if they were still at Max Yasgur's farm.” (Media Myth Debunked: Almost No Temperature Records Broken in Last Week's 'Record-Breaking Heat' | NewsBusters.org)
You DittoTards are the stupidest people on Earth if you believe anything from "NewsBusters." They have even less credibility than your MessiahRushie, who has none at all!!! :lol:

Let's start with Thursday:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/daily/maxt/2011/07/21?sts[]=US#records_look_up
Out of a possible 5,822 records: 133 (Broken) + 73 (Tied) = 206 Total

And now Friday:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/daily/maxt/2011/07/22?sts[]=US#records_look_up
Out of a possible 5,717 records: 191 (Broken) + 72 (Tied) = 263 Total

And here's the link for the month if you are still stupid enough to believe there were only 34 new highs for the whole week. :rofl::lmao:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

You DittoTards are the stupidest people on Earth if you believe anything from "NewsBusters." They have even less credibility than your MessiahRushie, who has none at all!!! :lol:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/daily/maxt/2011/07/21?sts[]=US#records_look_up

And now Friday:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/daily/maxt/2011/07/22?sts[]=US#records_look_up

And here's the link for the month if you are still stupid enough to believe there were only 34 new highs for the whole week. :rofl::lmao:

U.S. Daily Highest Max Temperature Records set in July 2011

Okay lets do this...

Are you being so disingenuous as to post records for the FIRST month of July. Perhaps you didn't read the OP very thoroughly, though it wasn't very wordy, because it refers to the heat wave of LAST WEEK and how it was reported by the media.

You posted two dates from the beginning of July to prove your point, and even then it is less that 1% of all stations that record these records, which again is consistent with the OP.

Let's look at last July 17th--in the beginning of the media blitz U.S. All-Time Highest Max Temperature Records set on July 17, 2011[]=US#records_look_up ZERO RECORDS SET

Let's look at July 17, July 18, July 19, or July 20th. A total of 4 stations broke records on July 21, 20 on July 22, and 10 on July 23, 2011, for a grand total of less than 0.4% .

This is using your own source!!!!!!!!!! U.S. All-Time Highest Max Temperature Records set on July 17, 2011[]=US#records_look_up

Are you purposely lying!?!?

I want everyone to check me, who is lying here?!?!?!?!? :eusa_liar:

Are you serious? There are politicians trying to restructure economies risking the lives of millions, fundamentally control every aspect of people's lives--and its all based on biased exaggerations of speculations.

Oh think it's a horror, and I think it is worthy of dispelling this dangerous idea of man-made global warming--or climate change now, which is much more honest.

First it was global cooling, then global warming, now climate change when the facts don't support warming and global warming when it does. This environmental religious zealot cult has eugenics-driven intentions and goals.

I just called back to the east coast....freaking freezing there! Great thread.

Nope. Not freezing here in the NYC area. About 80 degrees...normal for this time of year.
Yes, we had a heat wave last week.....funny...heat waves happen EVERY year in late july to early august

Please don't tell me you're denying that man has an affect on global warming too. You're too smart for that.

Nope. Not freezing here in the NYC area. About 80 degrees...normal for this time of year.
Yes, we had a heat wave last week.....funny...heat waves happen EVERY year in late july to early august

Please don't tell me you're denying that man has an affect on global warming too. You're too smart for that.

I do not believe it.
The earth has experienced climate change many times over the last billion years....with a heavy duty warm up in the early 1800's following the dramatic cool down of the late 1700's where it was known to snow in the summer in the North Eastern US...what were humans doing back then that caused it?
And the original ice age? Were them pesky dinosaurs toying with combustible engines back then?
Furthermore, methane is contatly being exuded into the atmosphere...Carbon Dioxide is a bi product or most animal/insect respiration.....
Nope...I have no reason to believe it is man induced.

Is that all the left has in this, insults?

In the OP I asked relatively straightforward questions regarding the theory of man-made global warming.

No one NOT ONE liberal on this thread has said anything but insults. Not one has even attempted to address any of the points in the OP.

The following is a letter to the American Physical Society released to the public by Professor Emeritus of physics Hal Lewis of the University of California at Santa Barbara.

Sent: Friday, 08 October 2010 17:19 Hal Lewis
To: Curtis G. Callan, Jr., Princeton University, President of the American Physical Society
6 October 2010

Dear Curt:

When I first joined the American Physical Society sixty-seven years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago).

Indeed, the choice of physics as a profession was then a guarantor of a life of poverty and abstinence—it was World War II that changed all that. The prospect of worldly gain drove few physicists. As recently as thirty-five years ago, when I chaired the first APS study of a contentious social/scientific issue, The Reactor Safety Study, though there were zealots aplenty on the outside there was no hint of inordinate pressure on us as physicists. We were therefore able to produce what I believe was and is an honest appraisal of the situation at that time. We were further enabled by the presence of an oversight committee consisting of Pief Panofsky, Vicki Weisskopf, and Hans Bethe, all towering physicists beyond reproach. I was proud of what we did in a charged atmosphere. In the end the oversight committee, in its report to the APS President, noted the complete independence in which we did the job, and predicted that the report would be attacked from both sides. What greater tribute could there be?

How different it is now. The giants no longer walk the earth, and the money flood has become the raison d’être of much physics research, the vital sustenance of much more, and it provides the support for untold numbers of professional jobs. For reasons that will soon become clear my former pride at being an APS Fellow all these years has been turned into shame, and I am forced, with no pleasure at all, to offer you my resignation from the Society.

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

So what has the APS, as an organization, done in the face of this challenge? It has accepted the corruption as the norm, and gone along with it…

Popularity: 100% [?]

I do not believe it.
The earth has experienced climate change many times over the last billion years....with a heavy duty warm up in the early 1800's following the dramatic cool down of the late 1700's where it was known to snow in the summer in the North Eastern US...what were humans doing back then that caused it?
And the original ice age? Were them pesky dinosaurs toying with combustible engines back then?
Furthermore, methane is contatly being exuded into the atmosphere...Carbon Dioxide is a bi product or most animal/insect respiration.....

There is a difference between man being the sole cause and man adding to the problem. No one is claiming that man is the sole cause of global warming. But to deny that man is increasing the rate of global warming is something that only a person who doesn't want to believe its happening can even begin to try to argue.

Is that all the left has in this, insults?

In the OP I asked relatively straightforward questions regarding the theory of man-made global warming.

No one NOT ONE liberal on this thread has said anything but insults. Not one has even attempted to address any of the points in the OP.

The following is a letter to the American Physical Society released to the public by Professor Emeritus of physics Hal Lewis of the University of California at Santa Barbara.

Sent: Friday, 08 October 2010 17:19 Hal Lewis
To: Curtis G. Callan, Jr., Princeton University, President of the American Physical Society
6 October 2010

Dear Curt:

When I first joined the American Physical Society sixty-seven years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago).

Indeed, the choice of physics as a profession was then a guarantor of a life of poverty and abstinence—it was World War II that changed all that. The prospect of worldly gain drove few physicists. As recently as thirty-five years ago, when I chaired the first APS study of a contentious social/scientific issue, The Reactor Safety Study, though there were zealots aplenty on the outside there was no hint of inordinate pressure on us as physicists. We were therefore able to produce what I believe was and is an honest appraisal of the situation at that time. We were further enabled by the presence of an oversight committee consisting of Pief Panofsky, Vicki Weisskopf, and Hans Bethe, all towering physicists beyond reproach. I was proud of what we did in a charged atmosphere. In the end the oversight committee, in its report to the APS President, noted the complete independence in which we did the job, and predicted that the report would be attacked from both sides. What greater tribute could there be?

How different it is now. The giants no longer walk the earth, and the money flood has become the raison d’être of much physics research, the vital sustenance of much more, and it provides the support for untold numbers of professional jobs. For reasons that will soon become clear my former pride at being an APS Fellow all these years has been turned into shame, and I am forced, with no pleasure at all, to offer you my resignation from the Society.

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

So what has the APS, as an organization, done in the face of this challenge? It has accepted the corruption as the norm, and gone along with it…

Popularity: 100% [?]

Zzzzz.

Point out my "insult". Jarhead and I know how to have a debate, especially one without insults. Please keep your cut and paste responses to yourself.

Zzzzz.

Point out my "insult". Jarhead and I know how to have a debate, especially one without insults. Please keep your cut and paste responses to yourself.

This is so typical: faced with simply stating to a liberal that they aren't saying anything insightful aside from a statement like "You don't believe X, you're smarter than that" I believe is pretty clearly insulting, but hey I'll concede that.

Now you're next post is going to be something not about global warming or making a relevant point as to the credibility of the theory of global warming.

Listen I get you disagree with me feverishly, I can reciprocate that feeling, but I'm not on a message board to do this predictable back-and-forth. Are all leftists on this board shallow?

I do not believe it.

There is a difference between man being the sole cause and man adding to the problem. No one is claiming that man is the sole cause of global warming. But to deny that man is increasing the rate of global warming is something that only a person who doesn't want to believe its happening can even begin to try to argue.

I disagree.
The climate has experienced drastic changes in temperatures over spans of a few hundred years and sometimes less......and we noticed a fluxuation over the past few decades of a degree or two...so if anything, it seems this climate change we are experiencing is even less dramatic than the ones we experienced prior to technology.
I do not believe our technology has a strong enough impact to affect our climate.....the atmosphere is billions and billions and billions of cubic feet...and billions and billions beyond that.....
The amount of emissions we are putting into the atmosphere is minute compoared to the size of the atmosphere.

Compare it to putting a drop of chlorine into a 20K gallon pool.....

Sorry...I have researched climate change (off the cuff research...nothing scientific)....and I have come to the conclusion that it is nothing but an unproven theory...

And why unproven? Becuase at first it was labelled global warming...then it wsa noted that it was actually cooling in some areas.....so now it is considered climate change.

Zzzzz.

This is so typical: faced with simply stating to a liberal that they aren't saying anything insightful aside from a statement like "You don't believe X, you're smarter than that" I believe is pretty clearly insulting, but hey I'll concede that.

Now you're next post is going to be something not about global warming or making a relevant point as to the credibility of the theory of global warming.

Listen I get you disagree with me feverishly, I can reciprocate that feeling, but I'm not on a message board to do this predictable back-and-forth. Are all leftists on this board shallow?

You will find that RDD will offer you an intelligent debate.
What you perceived as an insult was actually a compliment to me.....I kow he sees me as intelligent...so he was not being sarcastic when he said "you are too smart ffor that".

YTes, he sometimes insults the overzealous on the right...as I do some of the oversealous on the left.

But he is a very good debater....give him a chance.

And now Friday:

U.S. Daily Highest Max Temperature Records set in July 2011

Okay lets do this...

Are you being so disingenuous as to post records for the FIRST month of July. Perhaps you didn't read the OP very thoroughly, though it wasn't very wordy, because it refers to the heat wave of LAST WEEK and how it was reported by the media.

You posted two dates from the beginning of July to prove your point, and even then it is less that 1% of all stations that record these records, which again is consistent with the OP.

Let's look at last July 17th--in the beginning of the media blitz U.S. All-Time Highest Max Temperature Records set on July 17, 2011[]=US#records_look_up ZERO RECORDS SET

Let's look at July 17, July 18, July 19, or July 20th. A total of 4 stations broke records on July 21, 20 on July 22, and 10 on July 23, 2011, for a grand total of less than 0.4% .

This is using your own source!!!!!!!!!! U.S. All-Time Highest Max Temperature Records set on July 17, 2011[]=US#records_look_up

Are you purposely lying!?!?

I want everyone to check me, who is lying here?!?!?!?!? :eusa_liar:
i posted the 2 days NewsBusters picked, Thurs July 21, 2011 and Fri July 22, 2011

And here is the total for the day you picked July 17, 2011

U.S. Daily Highest Max Temperature Records set on July 17, 2011[]=US#records_look_up

Out of a possible 5,818 records: 18 (Broken) + 28 (Tied) = 46 Total

I don't know what you did to break the link, but it should list all the record temps by day, so at the bottom of the list you get the most recent cities listed. You can also set the individual day of the month. You have to copy and paste the whole link, including the part that comes after the [].

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/daily/maxt/2011/07/00?sts[]=US

Mans activities has no effect on the earth? None?

Sure does.

But not on the climate.

Heck...we cant even predict the weather correctly at a rate better than 50%...why? Becuase the climate is very complicated...and quite unpredictable...and we have no way to control it or affect it.

Forum List

Back